forum

Dubstep

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
mathexpert

Knife Party's new song from "Rage Valley", titled Centipede. Holy shit.
Apex_old
Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia
ShaggoN

Put on HD, set your volume higher and wait til 1:36 <3
DFLT
just in case nobody here has heard of Mizuki's Last Chance, by far the best artist to bring 8bit sounds to dubstep, all of his songs are filled with pure rhythmic and melodic genius
theowest
DFLT

theowest wrote:

http://soundcloud.com/knifepartyinc/knife-party-bonfire
lemme tell you, this sounds way better live ;D
theowest

DFLT wrote:

theowest wrote:

http://soundcloud.com/knifepartyinc/knife-party-bonfire
lemme tell you, this sounds way better live ;D
So you've actually heard them live? Where did they play?
Loctav
This is no place to spam on. Seriously.
DFLT

theowest wrote:

So you've actually heard them live? Where did they play?
I saw them play at Club Ibiza in DC in january, was pretty sick
dNextGen
everyone told me that brostep sounds crazy at live shows

but im pretty sure that this one sounds crazier than any brostep tune out there

not really dubstep but who cares,just give it a listen /o/
smoogipoo
Not sure if any of these have been posted before, but I've got 4 and one mix:

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

Mix:

Also most Vexare dubstep is good!
DFLT

smoogipooo wrote:

#4:

good call with tristam, both him and rogue have been getting big ups since their compilation.
Topic Starter
mathexpert
Slangor (an artist I just discovered today) recently released "Rocking the Beat", this shit is insane.
PH30NIX_old
It is so painful to read this topic seriously. Kids calling brostep dubstep and stuff. And I would like to share that I sincerely hate the US artists for taking the music from Europe and runing it. No, they aren't improving it. Just because some famous artists from other eletronic genres sponsored those twats and made them famous doesn't mean they are good. True dubstep artists are like... Plastician, Benga, Coki, Mala, Kode9, Skream and so on... Ofcourse I like some new artists because they are trully unique with their own style, but most of the new ones are just so generic and ear-raping. If you don't wanna chill you can always listen to... p0gman for example, his music is very energetic I might say. There, Imma post a track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftsG4hcteOI
Topic Starter
mathexpert

PH30NIX wrote:

It is so painful to read this topic seriously. Kids calling brostep dubstep and stuff. And I would like to share that I sincerely hate the US artists for taking the music from Europe and runing it. No, they aren't improving it. Just because some famous artists from other eletronic genres sponsored those twats and made them famous doesn't mean they are good. True dubstep artists are like... Plastician, Benga, Coki, Mala, Kode9, Skream and so on... Ofcourse I like some new artists because they are trully unique with their own style, but most of the new ones are just so generic and ear-raping. If you don't wanna chill you can always listen to... p0gman for example, his music is very energetic I might say. There, Imma post a track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftsG4hcteOI
I thought brostep was a subgenre of dubstep? Or is it a genre in it of itself? Putting that side, it seems like there are 3 groups concerning the Dubstep genre:
1. People with little knowledge of the history of Dubstep, and think Skrillex is teh best producer ever (although many of his songs aren't dubstep)
2. hipsters that are irate and overly concerned with "dubstep nowadays" and how it has gone somewhat mainstream. They pretty much hate on no. 1 with a passion.
3. people that hate dubstep no matter what, they think it sounds like robots fucking or whatever.

I personally appreciate old-school dubstep as well as new-school dubstep. I'll admit that although I was introduced through skrillex, I've since listened to other artists such as Skream; I even put one of his songs in my OP for pete's sake. Honestly I see this all time, from youtube comments (lol) to everyday conversations to forums like this. Just enjoy the music and respect other's opinion.. >.>

On a side note, I find that some old-style dubstep are ear-raping with their "wub wub", Brostep has more variety, but that's probably because I've listened to too many bad youtube dubstep remixes.
Magicphoenix
Dubstep X Rap.
Lol.
superch00b
I haven't listened to dubstep for a while, the last song I listened to was probably Bangarang by Skrillex
Accelerator-kun
I used to like dubstep but now I don't know why I find it boring... I'm really starting to hate Skrillex.
Foxtrot

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I used to like dubstep but now I don't know why I find it boring... I'm really starting to hate Skrillex.
Skrillex is not dubstep.
emaaal

Dulcet wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Skrillex is not dubstep.
are you dumb? skrillex is the only dubstep. MLG
hipster3000

emaaal wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

Skrillex is not dubstep.
Skrillex has said himself that his music is closer to electro-house than pure dubstep

it'd be easier to call Skrillex and company brostep, which should be kept out of this thread imo
Foxtrot

emaaal wrote:

If you want to troll then go to Off-topic.
Topic Starter
mathexpert

hipster3000 wrote:

brostep, which should be kept out of this thread imo
???

*looks at username"

oh
hipster3000

mathexpert9981 wrote:

hipster3000 wrote:

brostep, which should be kept out of this thread imo
???

*looks at username"

oh
lol
i hate my username :(
dNextGen
all 2010-2011 dubstep is not dubstep
emaaal

Dulcet wrote:

emaaal wrote:

If you want to troll then go to Off-topic.
I'M SUPER SORRY ;_;_;_;_;_;
Valentiino
Brostep certainly sounds quite awesome @ live performance, and I do listen to lots of 2010-2012 productions, but I would never go as far as considering them as dubstep : x

The popularity has caused the terms get mixed up and they're using them in so many wrong ways ;__;

Makes my heart cry

I was actually introduced to the whole "Dub" genre through psychedelic music, where some awesome dub remixes lifted their heads. And eventually found dubstep through that. Anyways, I still think that dub sounds fit best with psychedelic atmosphere ;D
Dio Eraclea
I love dubstep with female vocalists.
theowest
DJKhaled
MrsNana
Dubstep ist awesome ! Every time when I listen to it, I feel I could flyyyyyyy :D :P
Topic Starter
mathexpert

theowest wrote:

fuck yes
Magicphoenix
Does this count? Posting anyway
dNextGen

Rusko is my new brostep hero now
Nyquill
5 pages.

No subvibe?

KuroHari_old
Holy Shit.
I'll go to a freakin Zeds Dead conzert in a few months. Fuck Yeah. ♥
Hika

I don't know why I never posted here but I really like Dodge & Fuski.
Tesu
Check this in youtbe Dupstep so cool Cornetto Commercial 2012
Lunhui

Hika wrote:

I don't know why I never posted here but I really like Dodge & Fuski.
Varetyr
Obsidia ft. CoMa - Falling
I know it's not EXACTLY Dubstep (a few Hardstyle sounds were added there), but this is probably my favorite dubstep track. Awesome vocals ~
show more