forum

Dubstep

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mathexpert
God I love dubstep, the bass just makes my heart pound and makes me want to fistpump~ Not exactly the stuff you would listen to while doing homework though :P
Here are some of my favorite songs!

Note: Haters gonna hate, but don't turn this into a flamewar about how dubstep isn't "real" music plz.
[Luanny]
Just because Noisestorm dubstep is awesome.
Mercurial
IGNITE!

IGNITE! ♥
fanzhen0019
dubstep is amazing :O
[Luanny]
inb4 Skrillex
ampzz
Hearing stuff like Skrillex at first never really gave me a decent impression which was a very bad thing since his 'name' comes up quite frequently when mentioning this genre so I was stuck in the mud coming to terms with dustep as a genre to like but a few artists help me overcome that quite easily:
  1. B-Complex
  2. Xilent
  3. Chrispy
Just to name a few.
Birdy
I honestly don't know too many good Dubstep songs, but this is awesome:

Also fuck Skrillex. I know he doesn't make Dubstep, but some dipshit always posts him in Dubstep related stuff.
Mercurial
TKiller
Mismagius
Noisestorm is pretty cool when making dubstep.

I don't really consider Skrillex dubstep though, it's a bit different, not so many wubs and stuff >:
Yuugo
I guess I would put Skrillex as some different kind of dubstep. Sort of.. pop-dubstep?.. It's completely different from the underground roots that started in the UK but for some reason he does seem to pull a hell of a lot of people into the dubstep scene. I'm more a fan of the "old"dubstep style to be honest, but it's all taste when it comes to music I guess.

For now, let me just drop this tune form Going Quantum(check out his podcast, released every Thursday on youtube, if you like dubstep) and Stephen Walking. Walking is just an overall boss at everything he does, can't wait for him to reach a bigger audience.

dNextGen
you kids and your so-called-dubstep

go listen to Skream/Kryptic Minds or something,trve dubstep

all i see is only brostep in this thread,well i actually enjoy it,but calling em dubstep is kinda off for me
Valentiino

Blue Dragon wrote:

I don't really consider Skrillex dubstep though, it's a bit different, not so many wubs and stuff >:
Skrillex is actually more boombahton than dubstep, to be precise.

ampzz wrote:

1. B-Complex
  2. Xilent
  3. Chrispy

B-Complex makes dubstep nowdays o_O I always remember him by his awesome Liquid dnb tracks
hipster3000
Skrillex and co. are more brostep than dubstep really. It's not bad or anything, just should be distinguished from the pre-2010 underground dubstep.

Starting off with some classics:
Some newer stuff, maybe the brostep lovers might like :P

Also is anyone into 'future dubstep' or whatever the fuck it's called?
dNextGen

Valentiino wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Skrillex is actually more boombahton than dubstep, to be precise.

ampzz wrote:

1. B-Complex
  2. Xilent
  3. Chrispy

B-Complex makes dubstep nowdays o_O I always remember him by his awesome Liquid dnb tracks
wow so sad to hear one of my favourite dnb producer just hop into the dubstep bandwagon :<
ampzz
B-Complex only loosely did a few dubstep mixes, that was it, but they still sounded on the side of liquid drum and bass so all is good.
Mara
I am the first one to say this.

SPOILER
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

Someone made a nice dubstep remix of Morrowind theme tho.
TKiller
wobblestep
Birdy

dNextGen wrote:

go listen to Skream
I love you
/me runs
dNextGen
D:

i can listen to stuff like Flux Pavillion,Reso and Excision when im in party mood,but Skrillex,especially his older stuff is just ughhh

The Devil's Den is the only Skrillex's song that i like lol
dNextGen
hey look im double posting

you brostepers might want to check out Datsik's new album "Vitamin D",just got it like 4 hours ago,shit's fun
Courtney_old
oof, not a big fan of dubstep.. :|
i think the only dubstep i actually like is bassnectar.
sl33p3rXj4zu
Oi we all know that the allstars are the ones holdin it down right now. Skream, Burial, Shackleton, Benga, Kode 9. Man all this brostep and no one bringing the real shit. What about digital mystiks yall?
sl33p3rXj4zu

dNextGen wrote:

you kids and your so-called-dubstep

go listen to Skream/Kryptic Minds or something,trve dubstep

all i see is only brostep in this thread,well i actually enjoy it,but calling em dubstep is kinda off for me
Real talk man. I haven't seen anyone mention Mala or Shackleton yet either.
dNextGen
dont like Mala that much,Kryptic Minds is the bestest true dubstep producer i've heard
sl33p3rXj4zu
What about Vex'd? Killing floor is some ill shit!
Topic Starter
mathexpert

dNextGen wrote:

you brostepers might want to check out Datsik's new album "Vitamin D",just got it like 4 hours ago,shit's fun
Holy shit I just did and that's awesome.
dNextGen

mathexpert9981 wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

Holy shit I just did and that's awesome.
ikr,my fav track in that album is Annihilate and Syndrome

sl33p3rXj4zu wrote:

What about Vex'd? Killing floor is some ill shit!
not really diggin Vex'd ,check Mobthrow for some qualiyty dub-break-step
boat

just browse the gq channel for infinite dubstep sex
Topic Starter
mathexpert

Knife Party's new song from "Rage Valley", titled Centipede. Holy shit.
Apex_old
Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia Insomnia
ShaggoN

Put on HD, set your volume higher and wait til 1:36 <3
DFLT
just in case nobody here has heard of Mizuki's Last Chance, by far the best artist to bring 8bit sounds to dubstep, all of his songs are filled with pure rhythmic and melodic genius
show more