forum

Touhou thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JhowM
Because Touhou is the best.

My favourite ZUN song is 天空のグリニッジ (Greenwich in the Sky)ww

and for music group it is いえろ~ぜぶら (Yellow Zebra)
Birdy
I dislike ZUN's musical style, so REDALiCE and Yellow Zebra are the only ways I like my Touhou songs.
[Luanny]
I fucking love this song

also, this one is <3

and
DavisWTG
I guess my favorite song from the original games would be this one.

When it comes to the groups, I'd say Demetori. dBu and Crow'sClaw aren't too bad, either.
[Luanny]
Demetori is epic win.
JonnyThatJonny
Undead Corporation is my favorite nowadays. That and the Cafe de Touhou albums.
Yuugo

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

Demetori is epic win.
Also, IRON ATTACK or IRON CHIRO

But ti's so hard to decide a favorite touhou circle or artist... There is just too much out there! Even after nearly a year I'm still discovering new styles and I'm still happy every time I find a new touhou arrangement. I can't even pick a favorite original theme, let alone pick a favorite arrangement of a theme... All I know is that I truly love the touhou music culture and will probably keep looking into if for quite a while in the future.
Randy96

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Cafe de Touhou albums.
Definitely

I like most of the circles, but I'm partial to Shibayan/Syrufit, EastNewSound, SOUND/SWING HOLIC, Alstroemeria Records, and Tokyo Active NEETs

and of course ZUN, himself
Minty Gum
Atogoru, EastNewSound, Innocent Key, IOSYS, XL Project... a lot of stereotypical stuff Touhou stuff I listen to, huh.

A recent beatmap, I think this one is relaxing and nice~

I find a lot of Touhou songs on my iPod or osu! songlist, despite never having played any of the Touhou games. It's difficult to not have atleast 1 Touhou song on osu!, after all.
Randy96

Minty Gum wrote:

[youtube]5MC-GcRhaMA[/youtube]
Aoriki
ursa
IOSYS :3
Topic Starter
JhowM

urs4chan wrote:

IOSYS :3
haha
here my favourite from IOSYS:

Dai
Odyssey & the DNA Team =w=
Kyonko Hizara
Needs moar Foreground Eclipse
Yuugo
I came across this arrangement that was amazingly done in the style of Joe Satriani. This song has such a great feel to it, it kinda makes me want to dance all alone and just forget about everything. I really don't know Driving Kitchen apart from arrangement, but now I definetly will check them out. Anyway, have fun with this great track, especially those that adore a good blues guitar!

And hell, Patchy in a swimsuit, me likes!
silmarilen
awesome piano version of the (imo) best touhou song!

fuyuko-chan
marasy8 ^ >w<

Another video by that guy, probably my favorite bad apple piano arrangement ^^
JonnyThatJonny
Zun is really gifted when it comes to creating melodies, it's a shame some of the ingame instrumentals are pretty annoying. I can't stand the original version of Necrofantasia, but melody-wise and when played in good arrangements it's one of my favorite touhou tunes.

The only song until today I heard that I prefer the original over arrangements is Lunatic Eyes. I don't know for sure why, but it kinda loses essence on every arrangement I heard, the original version got it really right on that one, or I think so at least.
yuuki_old
-
Courtney_old

i don't know why, but i loove this song. :3

flandre is my favorite touhou character, making U.N. Owen was her my favorite touhou song...
and out of the endless renditions this song, these two definitely are definitely my favorite:

^ i like how creepy this one is, you have to read the lyrics and the lyrics 'behind' the lyrics. :p

TicClick
There are tons of artists / circles, for example, well-known REDALiCE.
Blue Stig
For those who don't know the Original.
Valentiino
Nothing beats Innocent Key

IppE

Valentiino wrote:

Valentiino

IppE wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

Cucumber bukkake does make music atleast 400% better
-Athena-
What in the..
Lol I'll just state my favorite songs then:
UN Owen was her (Yuu)
Emotional Skyscraper~World's end (Demetori)
Rapture (REDALiCE)
Taketori Hishou (Dark Phoenix)
show more