forum

Looking for advice.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koubles
Okay okay, I hate to milk the cow of "How do I get better at game." Anyone here will slap a generic "play more." right in your face and mosey on with their day which is fine and dandy but not what I'm here for.

Rather I would like some people who have more experience than me look at some replays of mine and how I
Have progressed and (Hopefully) offer some tips and strategies I could implement into my "Play more" sessions in order to better train myself and my skill.

I've compiled a handy little playlist for those interested in seeing how I play (Terribly) that starts one month after download to present day skill. I'm curious if providing this might help in seeing if I can get some tips or strategies I should focus on myself rather than the more broad advice I normally see.

Morale is low but my love of the game keeps me going, I just need some help Identifying whats wrong with my play that keeps me so inconsistent and I would like some tips on how to combat those things.

Playlist. OM NOM NOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7AGR-7tFJ0&list=PLJQVLSL7jcxO88u8SDk70cwjP6otS9EOF

Any advice is HUGELY appreciated, If I did anything wrong please let me know as I am still new to these forums.

Thanks a ton!
Solarys
turn off hit lighting and combobursts, dim the background, and use a cleaner skin.

I'll edit this with more advice once I finish watching the playlist

________
Alright, done.
I see 2 issues here, mostly because I've had these myself.

Probably the most noticable is your accuracy. I'm gonna be blunt, it's kinda shit (though I call my acc of 98.7 shit so don't beat yourself up over it). Your tapping accuracy is actually not that bad, just ***play more*** xd. Your burst/stream accuracy is what gets me. It could either be your skin (here's mine for perspective) or maybe you just need more practice. Play lots of burst-heacy maps like Tower of Heaven and Blue Zenith. Turning off those settings I mentioned above surely helps, too.

You also tend to shitmiss a lot. This is just you being inconsistent and can be solved entirely with practice. Just play 3-4 minute maps in an SR range you find comfortable. Just smash em. Don't retry a lot.
Topic Starter
Koubles

Solarys wrote:

turn off hit lighting and combobursts, dim the background, and use a cleaner skin.

I'll edit this with more advice once I finish watching the playlist

________
Alright, done.
I see 2 issues here, mostly because I've had these myself.
Probably the most noticable is your accuracy. I'm gonna be blunt, it's kinda shit (though I call my acc of 98.7 shit so don't beat yourself up over it). Your tapping accuracy is actually not that bad, just ***play more*** xd. Your burst/stream accuracy is what gets me. It could either be your skin (here's mine for perspective) or maybe you just need more practice. Play lots of burst-heacy maps like Tower of Heaven and Blue Zenith. Turning off those settings I mentioned above surely helps, too.

You also tend to shitmiss a lot. This is just you being inconsistent and can be solved entirely with practice. Just play 3-4 minute maps in an SR range you find comfortable. Just smash em. Don't retry a lot.

Wow. I'm grinning ear to ear right now, thanks for taking the time to watch that whole thing. I figured out what that Hit Lighting option did and promptly disabled it. However, I was under the impression my skin was already clean.The more you know I guess.

One question though, what is tapping accuracy? I know what bursts and streams are but that is a new term I haven't heard yet. Again, thanks a whole bunch!!
Anemic Witch
I can try to give you some directions instead of just "play more". Play more maps that you're uncomfortable with. Play more maps that are slightly above your skill level, doesn't matter which skill - aim, speed, stamina, acc, whatever. Play more maps that you're comfortable with and can go for FC, it is worth spending some retries when you are sure that you can do it.

Also take above mentioned advice about skin, but don't forget that it is personal. Most people play with minimum amount things on their screens, but if you don't like it - don't do it.

And the most important: please enjoy game.
Topic Starter
Koubles

Anemic Witch wrote:

I can try to give you some directions instead of just "play more". Play more maps that you're uncomfortable with. Play more maps that are slightly above your skill level, doesn't matter which skill - aim, speed, stamina, acc, whatever. Play more maps that you're comfortable with and can go for FC, it is worth spending some retries when you are sure that you can do it.

Also take above mentioned advice about skin, but don't forget that it is personal. Most people play with minimum amount things on their screens, but if you don't like it - don't do it.

And the most important: please enjoy game.

Thanks for the advice! I'll see what I can do about playing maps I can full combo on.
i0880
i'm not better than you but i think you should lower the dim of the background an if possible play without it cuz it will distort you but it's up to you
mufugai
just play more
Topic Starter
Koubles

i0880 wrote:

i'm not better than you but i think you should lower the dim of the background an if possible play without it cuz it will distort you but it's up to you

Just started doing it today! Thank you :)
Tad Fibonacci
I see that you already started increasing background dim and disabling hit lighting but if you really want more visual clarity, you can disable the game interface by pressing shift + TAB and hide the score board by pressing TAB.
It's just personal preference though, but I find disabling those 2 really helps me more focused in the game.