forum

Cannot find neither Artist nor Title of the song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blackener
Refering to my pending beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/881724#taiko/1843509

I tried my best to find both Title and Artist of this song and I find nothing.
I found some ranked beatmaps from Leauge of Legends and the beatmapper used the game name as an Artist

League of Legends - Legends Never Die (ft. Against The Current) <-- And how does "ft." appear in Title, and doesn't in Artist instead? (Yeah, I know it's from an official source but how can "Leauge of Legends" be in Artist?)

League of Legends - RISE (ft. The Glitch Mob, Mako, and The Word Alive)

League of Legends - The Charmer And The Rebel

...And other else ranked LoL beatmap have the the Artist "Leauge of Lengends" instead of real artist(s)

So I'm curious that...
1. If it is a song from game or something that Artist cannot be found in any reliable source, is it possible to fill the game name (Example: League of Legends) OR Source OR developper team (In my case, Devsisters) in Artist ?

1.1 If not, can Various Artist be used?
1.2 If not, can Unknown Artist be used? (This might be possible since many ranked maps used it)

2. If I cannot do everything above, what can I do?
2.1 If none, what should I do?

I wish no one would say "You just cannot rank this map, that's all" because I believe there's any way to fix this.

Any link to Ranking Criteria telling about this case or Reliable Source of an Artist or Titile is much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!
Rivals_7
Apparently "League of Legends" is not just a game. It is also the name of their official soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends thus valid.

1. afaik, no. It can only be filled with vocalist or composer. With vocalists being the first priority to be listed unless designated officially.
1.1 Various artists only refers if the amount of performers listed cant fit the Artist field because it has limitation around 200~ characters. so no.
1.2 Unknown Artist(s) should be used in extreme cases. Yes its possible.

2. Have you search the official website, official youtube/youtube gameplay, or checking the game's credit yourself? some of this might contain the info you want
2.1 If all else failed, try to call some extra assistance from Metadata QAT. Their judgement of what you should use may refer to them.
Topic Starter
Blackener
Re-2: Yes, only thing I can see is game's credit, but it doesn't specify what department each person works in.
Clue from anywhere else cannot be found, neither official website and other sources
Maybe I need to search each person's name in game's credit? Anyway I'm not sure if the composer is a group or individual.

Re-1.2: If that so, I might use Unknown Artist first for temporary (Yes, it's invalid. I just use as a makeshift)

Thank you for you information!