forum

What makes you love an anime? (Torture dance POGGERS)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ririga
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo is now my favorite anime. Why? The torture dance won me over. What about your favorite animes got you to love it so?
Green Platinum
I engage with anime on a much more academic and artistic level so while obviously being enjoyable to watch is a good thing I really desire anime that holds some notable influence as well as having some relevance beyond what is simply presented within the text.

Ashita no Joe Spoilers incoming:

While given no specific time period the series' tackles the social issues and evolution undergone by post-WW2 Japan. Joe carries many qualities of the times population such as a distrust of authority, inflated pride and directionless prospects. Tange however sees through Joes rough exterior to find that he has talent for boxing.
It is through Joes boxing the series eatablishes many of the tropes found in even today's shounen and sports anime scene but unlike many others Joe's battles signify his own shortcomings he needs to destroy. Destroy is an accurate term to describe the series because while your typical shounen fight comes with the promise of the loser return for a rematch fitter and stronger than before Ashita no Joe makes no promise. Many of Joe's rivals fall into desperate poverty, crime and even death as a result of their pursuit of glory.

Joe is no exception himself, so punch drunk from his countless bouts he can no longer tie his own shoelaces beautifully juxtaposed against his dear friend Nishi whom gave up on boxing to get married and work for his wife's father's company. The series all culminates in Joes own death, failing to achieve glory but assuring us the journey was worthwhile. The series perfectly encapsulates the strive to be better motto of shounen and it's a shame that whether due to age, obscurity or accessibility it hasn't reached a broader audience.
Zarlyth
this post was cringe so it no longer exists
[ Sekki ]
I love cartoons
mulraf
continuing ashita no joe spoiler alert:

Green Platinum wrote:

While given no specific time period the series' tackles the social issues and evolution undergone by post-WW2 Japan. Joe carries many qualities of the times population such as a distrust of authority, inflated pride [...]

alright, alright, sounds really interesting. maybe i should give this a try!

Green Platinum wrote:

The series all culminates in Joes own death

WHY
seriously, there's spoilers and there's SPOILERS D: (will probably still watch, sad tho ;_;)
chw4510
"Great Days"!!!————The OP of Jo4.
JoJo is so attractive_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_Last week I found that osu replay vedio on Bilibili and began to play this game with my friend~(though I'm not very good at osu
Cesilia
Idk you tell me
Deathwing1306
One Piece and Hajime no Ippo are the anime I love most.

What makes me love an anime is:

1. Music
2. Characters
3. It must be at least one of these genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Shounen, Adventure and it can be Super Power too
4. Story
KemZii
1. Art style
2. Music
3. Story
Lumyh
1.Plot and Setting
If there's not a decently interesting plot and setting i'm most likely not gonna be interested.
i do however like the highschool drama setting plot thing even if its used quite often now
2. Music
There has to be a great OP and END theme or i will probably end up not liking it as much as i
could. i'm addicted to music so if i can listen to the op over and over again i will
3. Art
I like the new modernistic art style in anime so if it's dated i won't like it as much (exception is kimi ni todoke, looks outdated but story compensates for it)
4. Waifus
i need to come out of the anime with a waifu or i'll look down on the show as not good ;-;