forum

[Archived] Lag when playing Osu! in full screen with a tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KoruChinoRyu
Problem details: Just recently I got back into Osu, I had to reinstall my tablet drivers and configure Osu. I realized that when I play with my tablet on full screen mode I get like a weird lag that I've never experienced before, but only on full screen mode. If I set the game to windowed mode the lag goes away but now I get a input lag when playing the game in windowed mode, because windows desktop only allows up to 60 FPS I believe. If anyone knows a solution or has experience with a problem like this your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken:
Reinstalled tablet drivers for CTL-470
Messed with various in-game settings
Tried looking into my device manager console to make sure drivers were working properly

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
modrei_DELETED
by lag you mean tearing or delay? if its delay then its most likely caused by vsync (you need to have both disabled, the one in osu and the one in your gpu settings), if its tearing then try to cap your fps at different values
Topic Starter
KoruChinoRyu
It's hard to say. I've disabled vsync on both already. I guess you could say it's stuttering. You will be playing and you'll feel like a stutter happen when something like a stream, or a lot of objects come into play. But this problem only happens when I use the tablet on full screen mode. If i use my mouse I have a smooth experience, and the stutter does not occur.
Lenny_Fin
I have the same problem! But i have one thing more to say. If i got my pen above the tablet [not touching] it goes to around 30fps, BUT! If i'm clicking with the pen or olding it on it [touching taet with pen] it goes back to normal.
What could be the solution? :c
modrei_DELETED

NigWigJohnson wrote:

you'll feel like a stutter happen when something like a stream, or a lot of objects come into play

i had this on my old pc, sadly idk what caused it actually, could be anything from skin to dying cpu

Lenny_Fin wrote:

What could be the solution? :c

people tape over their nibs to be pressed in constantly if they hover and have this problem