forum

Anyone else getting Ear pains after playing OSU?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
222weney
Hey, About 5 months ago I started getting Ear pains while playing OSU, it was sharp pains deep in my ear and it would only occur when I moved my head a little. I talked to my Doctor about it and she looked in my ear and said it looked fine, thought " that the music was too loud or it was my headphones". After taking a 5 month break from OSU and now coming back, I tried playing without my headphones on and with the music not loud(not that it was loud to begin with). I was going to go back and get a second opinion when I went to get my shots this year, and was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

-Thanks!
MisakiSakaki
that the music was too loud
Obv if you have 100% volume and earphones it will be an ear damage implying high pitchi ones over here, lolicore and blahblah.
I still have my ears ok, i mean not fked yet knowing that i literally have like 88% volume while playingbut meh
DansRight
Get spockers
Novelnrich
I keep my volume down to atleast 50 or below
Lyawi
I'm mostly listening to loud music by playing osu! or headphones when outside (something between 70-100%) - well, if it doesn't feel comfortable anymore I'm turning down the volume. All I had was headache (rarely actually), but not really ear pains.
kxium_old
i only get it when i have my noise cancelling headphones which are centimeters smaller than my ear, and when i have loudness equalization turned on for some reason in windows.
Reone
I sometimes get it when using my headphones (noise cancelling) for hours..so I usually play osu for an hour only at a time..
bebx
Possibly not actually related to the loudness of the game itself, but rather your headphones are just bad and uncomfortable. Try a different set of headphones, ones that cover your ears and sit on the head, not the ear itself are recommended, they've always been the most comfortable for me.

Make sure they're light, and have a big enough speaker for your ears. Also, make sure the hard speaker itself isn't on your ears, that will hurt.

One more thing: In ear earphones aren't very good for your ears. Not only are they uncomfortable, but they're also more damaging for the amount of sound you're getting. They're also bad at cancelling noise, and always seem to break easier, but that might be just me.

Sorry if this doesn't help.
Ephemeral
if your headphones aren't at fault, you might be clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth while playing. some people do this as an expression of nerves or anxiety, particularly during activities that require a lot of focus.

invest in a pair of IEMs or over-ear circumaural headphones with good bands! can recommend the fidelio X2s, and the HD58X from Massdrop x Sennheiser are pretty good for the price as well
Mynameistoast

222weney wrote:

Hey, About 5 months ago I started getting Ear pains while playing OSU, it was sharp pains deep in my ear and it would only occur when I moved my head a little. I talked to my Doctor about it and she looked in my ear and said it looked fine, thought " that the music was too loud or it was my headphones". After taking a 5 month break from OSU and now coming back, I tried playing without my headphones on and with the music not loud(not that it was loud to begin with). I was going to go back and get a second opinion when I went to get my shots this year, and was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

-Thanks!
This happens to me too and I don't know why. It's not the loud music because I also listen to loud music when not playing osu and I'm fine. It only happens to me when and after playing osu
Nuuskamuikkunen

Mynameistoast wrote:

222weney wrote:

-Thanks!
This happens to me too and I don't know why. It's not the loud music because I also listen to loud music when not playing osu and I'm fine. It only happens to me when and after playing osu
You shouldn't listen to loud music in first place, even if not painful it still does harm your hearing. If the pain is outside you might be moving or tensing your head muscles while playing, using too tight headphones or bad quality earphones could be the problem as well.

And lastly, the last reply was three years ago. If you have a similar problem, create a new thread instead of replying to a thread where the problem of the OP was resolved.
Neigdoig
For me, it isn't just osu!, but I hear things that otherwise don't exist after playing other games. Something weird for me, but that could be my autism.
upan
yes
Blue9485
I had the same problem. I simply turned off the sound effects and had no more problems.
Topic Starter
222weney

Ephemeral wrote:

if your headphones aren't at fault, you might be clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth while playing. some people do this as an expression of nerves or anxiety, particularly during activities that require a lot of focus.

invest in a pair of IEMs or over-ear circumaural headphones with good bands! can recommend the fidelio X2s, and the HD58X from Massdrop x Sennheiser are pretty good for the price as well
Five year later, you were right!

Took 2 ENT's and my dentist to figure out that this was the exact issue i had had, I also need some form of sinoplasty as well but i dont think its really related to the issue.
Anaxii

222weney wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Five year later, you were right!

Took 2 ENT's and my dentist to figure out that this was the exact issue i had had, I also need some form of sinoplasty as well but i dont think its really related to the issue.
In conclusion: Always listen to Ephemeral because they're always right!