1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
posted
A new bunch of QATs recently joined osu, what does this mean for the mapping community?? As there are new qats that means there are also new liberal and conserveative mapping views which may determine what maps can or cannot pass through the ranking process.


UndeadCapulet and other mappers with similar mapping styles (Hailie, Shanipika, NAo ToymorI, etc...) will benefit from GottaGoF5st, a liberal who supports these UC-Esque mapping styles, joining the QAT however they may be set back by yuii-, someone who I believe to have conservative views based on his past, may work to slow down or even permanently halt the ranking of these maps.

What do you guys think? Im excited to see the essays in essays of arguments soon to come.

On a slightly lighter note it looks like the Off-Topic forum is shining, with the recent removal of the trashipitus virus many citizens feel much safer then ever before. The royal ‘scientist’ abraker will continue to play with many formulas in hopes to find something very interesting. On the other hand, the real scientist, Ashton, is still searching for a more effective cure than his previous one which posed to be completely ineffective.


That’s it for today folks, thanks for reading my high quality not rushed better structure than ot news no grammar mistakes installment if osu!politics
posted
What the fuck is this propaganda
posted

Ashton wrote:

someone who I believe to have conservative views based on his past, may work to slow down or even permanently halt the ranking of these maps.
How come this society thinks that conservatives are always the enemy, that everything they do is bad and that anything bad is caused by conservatives? That's simply not true, and it's intolerant. This applies to irl and even to osu, apparently.

It is my understanding that most people don't like modern maps. They think that they are too PP-oriented in their design, and they think the ol' Sotarks 1-2 is cancer (please correct me if I'm wrong about this viewpoint). In that case, conservative QATs would be exactly what we need. These QATs would attempt to correct the style of maps that are apt for farming PP and push maps that are old-fashioned in the sense that they don't have these shitty patterns today's maps have.

You're also saying non-conservative QATs help speed up the ranking process. Please tell me, what good comes from speed ranking? Wouldn't it be better if maps took longer to rank? That way, maps can be closely examined for imperfections and shitty patterns that no one likes.

If anything, we need more conservative QATs, not less.
posted

johnmedina999 wrote:

Ashton wrote:

someone who I believe to have conservative views based on his past, may work to slow down or even permanently halt the ranking of these maps.
How come this society thinks that conservatives are always the enemy, that everything they do is bad and that anything bad is caused by conservatives? That's simply not true, and it's intolerant. This applies to irl and even to osu, apparently.

It is my understanding that most people don't like modern maps. They think that they are too PP-oriented in their design, and they think the ol' Sotarks 1-2 is cancer (please correct me if I'm wrong about this viewpoint). In that case, conservative QATs would be exactly what we need. These QATs would attempt to correct the style of maps that are apt for farming PP and push maps that are old-fashioned in the sense that they don't have these shitty patterns today's maps have.

You're also saying non-conservative QATs help speed up the ranking process. Please tell me, what good comes from speed ranking? Wouldn't it be better if maps took longer to rank? That way, maps can be closely examined for imperfections and shitty patterns that no one likes.

If anything, we need more conservative QATs, not less.
Uhh you misinterpreted what I meant by that lol

Maybe conservatives/liberals was a bad definition but I’m saying people with conservative views are against UC maps while liberals are for them. I also haven’t said either side is bad, I’m just saying one side would like to slow down or halt the ranking process of UC-esque maps
posted

Ashton wrote:

UC
What does this mean? I'm not familiar with this term, sorry.
posted
John, I am currently trying to rank a map using classic style mapping. Sadly, after I got mods to it, most of them disagrees to what am I mapping, so I ended up (currently) remapping it in modern style while trying to be not to overkill jumps and stuff. As of the current developments in the mapping sector and thr state of ranked maps of today, I sometimes somehow feel hopeless of even passing a map to suit thier preferences, It's just to confusing on how to determine what is rankable and what's not (depends on who will do the checking and stuff). There are some maps that clearly defies logic and explaination on how it is okay (like a certain spike or overmap) to be it that way, and yet it passes though just to avoid the long texts of argument..


I might be writing something longer in the future just to express my view at this topic.
posted

johnmedina999 wrote:

Ashton wrote:

UC
What does this mean? I'm not familiar with this term, sorry.
UC is a mapper called UndeadCapulet. You can search him up and see some of his maps
posted

Aiseca wrote:

John, I am currently trying to rank a map using classic style mapping. Sadly, after I got mods to it, most of them disagrees to what am I mapping, so I ended up (currently) remapping it in modern style while trying to be not to overkill jumps and stuff. As of the current developments in the mapping sector and thr state of ranked maps of today, I sometimes somehow feel hopeless of even passing a map to suit thier preferences, It's just to confusing on how to determine what is rankable and what's not (depends on who will do the checking and stuff). There are some maps that clearly defies logic and explaination on how it is okay (like a certain spike or overmap) to be it that way, and yet it passes though just to avoid the long texts of argument..


I might be writing something longer in the future just to express my view at this topic.
This is the exact reason why a more conservative mapping community would be a good thing.

Ashton wrote:

UC is a mapper called UndeadCapulet. You can search him up and see some of his maps
I see. I'm not familiar with his maps, so I can't continue this discussion. Please excuse me.
posted
undeadcapulet makes good maps, fight me


oh, did you say 85 combo and deal with the devil? what the fuck do you mean bad?
bro if undeadcapulet is qat i can rank my quaver map easily
posted
make all maps have scoreboards

and rank the ones that pass a certain #plays threshold and dont give a pp outlier

screw mapping quality
the filter to stronk
so many mania maps are worth to be rankd
posted

abraker wrote:

so many mania maps are worth to be rankd
Ranking in mania is a worthless stat. There is no reason to rank mania maps because nine times out of ten it ruins the map. Just play unranked wwww

Also if you say "but muh pp" then u shouldn't play mania
posted

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

so many mania maps are worth to be rankd
Ranking in mania is a worthless stat. There is no reason to rank mania maps because nine times out of ten it ruins the map. Just play unranked wwww

Also if you say "but muh pp" then u shouldn't play mania
But i need pp to survive the great outside. Without pp i cant buy anything.And by not buying anything i will die from something and not from nothing .
posted
Just buy PP with osu!coins lol
posted
im just waiting for a QAT to come down here and start roasting your teenage ass
posted

johnmedina999 wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Just buy PP with osu!coins lol

johnmedina999 wrote:

Just buy PP

johnmedina999 wrote:

PP
posted

ColdTooth wrote:

im just waiting for a QAT to come down here and start roasting your teenage ass
all I'm roasting are my marshmallows
posted
holy shit I LVOE ANIME hey kibb what's up
posted
@John

ranking is a problematic system. Quality is undefined. PP is a plague in dying cancer. Mapping for ranked is a full time job.

tho what you said is funy. Thanks to the bad rep ranking has it indeed can plague a good mania map. Why it come to this
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

im just waiting for a QAT to come down here and start roasting your teenage ass
all I'm roasting are my marshmallows
Marshmallows are pretty good, need some crackers or chocolate to make some s'mores?
posted
Make Taiko great again
show more
Please sign in to reply.