forum

Laptop shutting down while playing [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dspX
Hi.

I got a problem for about 5 days now that my laptop shuts completely down (like there is no more electricity) while playing osu!. First it starts lagging for about 3-5 seconds, then it mutes itself and the laptop went totally off. I tried other "heavy" applications to test if my graphic card ist just overheating, but I only got the problem with osu. I checked my energy settings or if it is only one specific kind of map, but everything looked normal.

Got no idea what can cause this kind of problem and haven't red anything like this before.
Tenacious J
osu really make my lappy vent out hot air a lot too, but the problem stops there for me. For your lappy to collapse like that is odd...

So everything else works fine? Lappy is well charged? Plugged in to the wall? If true then I'm willing to bet it's a hardware fault, overheat as you say.

Have you seen any sort of blue screen before your laptop shuts off?
Topic Starter
dspX
The laptop is constantly plugged in to the wall and i got no blue screens because of osu. Everything was fine until lasr week on friday. I checked the overheating probleme with BF3 on ultra settings and played a few rounds without any problemes. So I am not sure if is really an overheating probleme.
Soaprman
Have you tried turning the frame limiter on? My old laptop would overheat if I left osu! running long enough without the frame limiter on.
peppy
Yep, osu! uses a lot of cpu when running without the frame limiter. Please turn it on.
XPJ38
I got a similar problem with my old laptop when I was playing videos, it was shutting down instantly after a few minutes of playback.
The solution was to clean the fan and the air hole of the PC, which was full of dust (the CPU was therefore overheating).
Topic Starter
dspX
It looks like the Frame Limiter did the thing. Thx