forum

Have you ever changed your pen grip in a somewhat-major way?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Equbuxu
How long did it take you to get used to the new grip and get back to original performance?

I'm asking because I decided to change my grip about a week ago. I used to play like this:

And now I use this grip:

With the previous grip, I used to press my thumb against the pen really hard to keep aim stable, and my fingertip started to hurt, making it near impossible to aim properly. I had to take breaks once in a few days just to let my fingertip heal

So, after changing the grip my thumb feels a lot better, but now I'm having problems with jumps. I can't comfortably play of most of the maps above 5* because of spacing, even though I were pretty comfortable with 5-6* maps before
SpasticSurgeon
Yah I tried to copy what other grips I saw until I realized I could just use my writing grip. My current grip looks like your second grip.

Where did you get that stuff wrapped around your pen? I'm assuming it's to prevent slipping?
HeyImNik
Yes, it was so major I changed to mouse and no more pen. :-)
Topic Starter
Equbuxu

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

Where did you get that stuff wrapped around your pen? I'm assuming it's to prevent slipping?

Yes, it's to prevent slipping. I'm not sure how to call it in english, google translate tell me that it is an "adhesive plaster". Basically, it's a fabric tape with a very sticky glue layer (so sticky that I have to use alcohol to get it off).
Tad Fibonacci
It might sounds wierd but I change my grip literally everytime I play and it didn't really affected my performance to a noticeable extend. I usually just switch how I'd hold the pen whenever my hand is tired.
SpasticSurgeon

tad01123 wrote:

It might sounds wierd but I change my grip literally everytime I play and it didn't really affected my performance to a noticeable extend. I usually just switch how I'd hold the pen whenever my hand is tired.
Chad omnigrip player
Implojin
Your play area is so large, holy crap
Topic Starter
Equbuxu

Implojin wrote:

Your play area is so large, holy crap

tbh i would love to make it smaller since it's a bit hard to reach the edges, especially with the new grip, but I just can't because of shake