forum

How to not hurt your hands?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nightstar1623
So, I've been finding recently that any time I play for a little while my hands start to hurt pretty bad. My left (keyboard) hand normally doesn't get too bad, usually, it just feels really worn out from playing maps that are fast for me, but my right hand (tablet) ends up feeling like I have arthritis. Sometimes it has gotten to the point where I actually cannot physically grip the pen anymore because of the pain, and I have to stop playing. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong for it to get this bad, but I can't figure out what. I use a standard writing grip on the pen, with my pinkie laying flat on the tablet and my ring finger laying on my pinkie while gripping the pen tightly at the base with my other three fingers like if I were writing. The pain usually ends up the worst in my knuckles/joints of middle/ring fingers, and if I have played a lot of jump maps my pinkie might have a spot rubbed raw from sliding it across the tablet. Does anyone have any advice on this kind of situation?
Deva
Take a fucking break??? Why are you people so retarded that you keep going even when this game is physically hurting you???
Topic Starter
nightstar1623

Deva wrote:

Take a fucking break??? Why are you people so retarded that you keep going even when this game is physically hurting you???

I do take breaks, around 5 minutes, normally once every 15 to 30 minutes. It doesn't help me much, and since that is the case that is what initially led me to think it was something with my grip.
tomatas95
Take 1hour then. Sometimes just take a day off or couple from osu.
Deva

nightstar1623 wrote:

Deva wrote:

I do take breaks, around 5 minutes, normally once every 15 to 30 minutes. It doesn't help me much, and since that is the case that is what initially led me to think it was something with my grip.

I was talking more like a week off...

Or at least a few days. Give your body time to repair itself.
Almost
Also stretch your hands.
Justified
Take like a week break dude. You don't want to lose your hand over a circle-clicking game.
PinkNightmares
Take your time and stretch properly before each session. I personally use a combination of these [1] [2] to warm up. Stop playing if you feel pain.
E m i

Almost wrote:

Also stretch your hands.
play more
Tad Fibonacci
Your hand hurts because your muscles are tensing up for stressful situations so it's normal but keep it up for long periods of time can damage your muscles. I couldn't play any longer than 30 mins in the past because of the pain and then I tried actively relaxes my hand while playing and it's gotten much better.
But if the pain is too much then just take a long break, your health is more important than clicking circles.
SpasticSurgeon

Almost wrote:

Also stretch your hands.
pandaBee
Generous applications of neosporin.