forum

[Archived] osu resets itself once in a year

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jetfire
Problem details:
So like every year my osu suddenly reset itself and it happended again today. It deletes allmost all my local replays, some maps, and reset all setting, log off accout. How to fix that? How to get back my replays first of all?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181101
voxpod
For the logging off of your account, that happens due to inactivity.

Local replays and maps? Have you tampered with your osu! directory folder in any way shape or form?
If you did, then you probably accidentally moved, deleted, or changed your osu! directory.
If not, scan for viruses or repair your osu!

Settings usually reset during and/or after Windows Updates. I've experienced this myself.

It would be good to show your log.
Topic Starter
Jetfire
1) i play every day, so not inactivity;
2) i didn't touch osu folder in any way;
3) no viruses and repair do nothing;
4) all my lost replays are in hidden data/r and osu doesn't see them ingame;
How to retrieve them? It would be huge pain in ass to do it manually cuz there are 15k replays
5) which one of 5 logs do you want to see?
Death
You were logged out because your log in information is stored in the same file that stores all of your settings, "osu!.pcname.cfg". Not because of inactivity.

Press F5 on the song selection screen and let your maps reprocess. Just want to make sure all of your maps are visible before doing the stuff below this.

Close your game and remove that "osu!.pcname.cfg" file from your osu! folder, you'll need to reset your settings one more time, but hopefully this will prevent your settings from resetting in the future. Also remove the "score.db" file from your osu! folder. It should be recreated using the files from data/r folder which means you replays should hopefully appear in game again.
Topic Starter
Jetfire
Maps are back but I nonstop get something like "didn't manage to open selected replay" so many replays are not available
Death

Jetfire wrote:

so many replays are not available
Does that mean only some of them are giving you that error message, but others are not?
Topic Starter
Jetfire
At first launch i got a lot of such errors and many replays were missing, after second launch i got no errors and more replays came back, but still not all.. no more error though
Elanie
On Windows 10, maybe it’s on Storage sense mode, it’s deleting some temporary files that cause it to reset the osu! Configuration. You could free up some storage space and disable storage sense.

- Press Windows key
- Open “Settings”
- System > Storage
- Set “Storage sense” to off

It is likely that your osu!<user>.cfg has been deleted automatically likely because it is unused for very long time when you don’t open the app... happened to me before.