2. kriers
I got kriers. Good game guys! Only lewa can beat us now /o/
okay
Sync
Team name: Stupid Sexy Shellghost

Players: ragelewa, Sync

ARE YOU GUYS READY?
kriers
apparently a lot of people here don't realize the applications has to be made through PM, not posts in the thread
Sync
I did PM him though

just posted in the thread to make sure that you guys knew what was coming
kriers

Sync wrote:

I did PM him though

just posted in the thread to make sure that you guys knew what was coming
forgive me ;_;
Sync
I forgive you ;_;
benguin
Just curious about the need for the continent requirements?
kriers

reuben2011 wrote:

I can think of 3 reasons:

1. Bad English
2. Problems arranging anything with 3 completely different timelines
3. The asians would bury us :(
Lybydose
losing less points than the winner gains is incredibly stupid and will cause massive rating inflation
benguin

kriers wrote:

reuben2011 wrote:

I can think of 3 reasons:

1. Bad English
Pretty sure the Australians can speak decent English as well. lol

kriers wrote:

2. Problems arranging anything with 3 completely different timelines
Teams would have to arrange things themselves as stated in the OP.

kriers wrote:

Can't argue here, lol
Topic Starter
Lunah

Lybydose wrote:

losing less points than the winner gains is incredibly stupid and will cause massive rating inflation
explain this please, I am interested
those

lesslunatic wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

If rating inc/dec isn't the same, the total number of rating points will change, causing a change in worth of each rating point.
YodaSnipe
yup
Topic Starter
Lunah

those wrote:

If rating inc/dec isn't the same, the total number of rating points will change, causing a change in worth of each rating point.
So I will use a same K of 32 for wins and losses so, I guess you're right
Lybydose

lesslunatic wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Let's say Team A and Team B are evenly matched and play each other over and over (50% win rate). Or perhaps they are "cheating" by trading wins.

Eventually both their ratings will be like 78935 because they will gain more points on average than they lose. They could even be the worst two teams but be rated "highest".

If loss points = win points, they will stay at the same rating when they play each other over and over (as it should be, since they are evenly matched). They would have to play other teams to go up/down.
WVS
This may be stupid, but uhh..
Why the osu!Ladder is only available for Europe and America?
This is quite interesting, and many players from others country should join.
YodaSnipe
Cause asians would basically wreck everything. I love you guys, don't get me wrong, but you too OP for us normal people ^^
Topic Starter
Lunah

Virkato wrote:

1st reason : I don't want a situation where 200000 teams joining the ladder and I am not able to manage it.
2nd reason : Most of asian people can't speak english
3rd reason : Time zone, naturally.
4th reason : Multiaccounts, at least 8/10 asians have a multiaccount.
5th reason : Would be easier for me manage only 2 timezones (answering to people, or protests, etc..)
6th (personal) reason :

kriers wrote:

won't be funny
Topic Starter
Lunah
You are now free to play matches.
JappyBabes

lesslunatic wrote:

Virkato wrote:

1st reason : I don't want a situation where 200000 teams joining the ladder and I am not able to manage it.
5th reason : Would be easier for me manage only 2 timezones (answering to people, or protests, etc..)
6th (personal) reason :

kriers wrote:

won't be funny
1. Your problem.
2. I do agree with however. I don't see why you can't just change the rules to something like english-speaking only, not just Europe and America (e.g. Australia's primary language is english).
3. If they can't make it, they can't make it, shouldn't exclude. It's up to the player whether or not they can make it.
4. I don't see the problem to be honest. Yes, multi accounts are against the rules and they should be banned but you can just DQ them if someone raises a suspicion?
5. Your problem.
6. lol
Jalatiphra
try giving elo points according to play count.
the first wins of a team should award many elo points while each additional game will give less down to a minimum of e.g 8 points

this way rank fluctiation will be high in the beginnings and lower over time. We have a little overall elo sum increase but its stable because it diminishes with play counts.

thats at least how its done in LoL
benguin

lesslunatic wrote:

Virkato wrote:

6th (personal) reason :

kriers wrote:

won't be funny
1. You're gonna see very little teams if there's a lot of people like me that frown upon such exclusivity. The least you could do is "start" with 2 continents and add others if you think you're able to keep up.
2. Sorry, but that's just straight up racist, I'm considering not even wanting to join this ladder with a reason like that. Having an "English only" rule should suffice. Also, "most of asian people can't speak english" isn't rather good English to be honest.
3. If all you are doing is taking results and updating the OP, as opposed to overseeing/scheduling matches, then I don't see how time-zones of others should be affecting you if taking the match data and updating the system is something you can do at anytime.
4. Again, no need for the near-racist comment. If you are worried about alternate accounts, make a minimum play count requirement
5. Redundant with reason 3
6. Too bad, live with it

Also, not to seem rude, but this ladder system looks elitist as ****. There's no need to make this ladder system exclusive to only higher-end players, the system should cater to systems of a variety of skill levels but forcing everyone to play insane+'s is a bit harsh for users new to the game and forum, having elitist activities like this is only going to drive people away from the forums.

/end rant
lunchZA
I wanted to participate :/
Hopefully you'll make more countries/continents eligible soon.
WVS
I see, thanks for the information :D
Chewin

lesslunatic wrote:

6th (personal) reason :

kriers wrote:

won't be funny
lol? Pl0x this is the funniest thing.
Asians have to play this tournaments, or it would be boring.
thelewa
No need to shut out players from an entire continent because of prejudice~
kriers
hi rage~
-Athena-
Top 10,000 means pp ranking right?
Basing it off score ranking wouldn't make sense lol i'm Asian so I can't join anyway :D

Let's just see how this goes, I agree with the map selection method, except the part about difficulty, but I guess you want to start with a small number of serious competitive teams, that I can understand.

I predict a lot of chaos when it comes to actually playing a match though, I hope things go well XD
Aoko
They are afraid of Asians too much. Just too much.
thelewa
Why would anyone be afraid of Asians? This discussion is getting so racist that it's not even funny anymore.
Topic Starter
Lunah
for now it's so, maybe we will accept asian people in a second time, for now I want be sure to manage it.

JappyBabes wrote:

1. Your problem.
5. Your problem.
6. lol
Stop complaining because first of all it's not official (as tournament) and as I wrote it's temporary and I am sorry but I made it myself and I will manage it myself without any help, I'll choose what I want to choose lol, so yes it's my problem.

It's not racism (Do you really think that the quote of what kriers wrote was serious ? lol), I just picked-up 2 continents that have not many players, do you know what means letting japan, korea or china join? (that's why), there are a lot of players, I think I will not be able to controll the situation.

ends here.

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Top 10,000 means pp ranking right?
nope, score
WVS
There are people who would like to help, tho.
Topic Starter
Lunah

Virkato wrote:

There are people who would like to help, tho.
They can't even edit the topic
Aoko

thelewa wrote:

Why would anyone be afraid of Asians? This discussion is getting so racist that it's not even funny anymore.
Afraid of getting swooped out and defeated bec. of our E.T Fingers. Well, not all of us anyway.
thelewa

Aoko wrote:

thelewa wrote:

Afraid of getting swooped out and defeated bec. of our E.T Fingers. Well, not all of us anyway.
Implying non-asians can't be good at this game?
JappyBabes

lesslunatic wrote:

for now it's so, maybe we will accept asian people in a second time, for now I want be sure to manage it.
You're not letting asian people join because there are too many of them? Lol'd.

lesslunatic wrote:

do you know what means letting japan, korea or china join? (that's why), there are a lot of players, I think I will not be able to controll the situation.
Put a cap on how many people join, first come, first serve.
Aoko

thelewa wrote:

Exactly.
Topic Starter
Lunah
JappyBabes, it's so for now as I wrote the discussion ends here, in a next time if the ladder works good I'll let everyone join it.
Topic Starter
Lunah
SPOILER

Aoko wrote:

thelewa wrote:

Exactly.
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/39828 Hello
Also please, if you want talk about asian people make a related topic, keep the subject of the topic
JappyBabes

lesslunatic wrote:

Also please, if you want talk about asian people make a related topic, keep the subject of the topic
You made it part of the topic by not allowing asians to join in the first post.
show more