forum

Machinae Supremacy - Megascorcher

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 11:38:57 PM

Artist: Machinae Supremacy
Title: Megascorcher
Source: Jets 'n Guns
Tags: machinae supremacy megascorcher jets 'n guns
BPM: 160
Filesize: 3436kb
Play Time: 01:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.85 stars, 234 notes)
  2. Insane (4.89 stars, 330 notes)
  3. Normal (2.4 stars, 109 notes)
Download: Machinae Supremacy - Megascorcher
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Aw, crap, you mean I have to type a MESSAGE to go along with this? I suck at these kinds of things! :p

Yeah, so, I was bored while listening to Machinae Supremacy and decided to start a beatmap of Megascorcher, considering how it's one of their best songs blah blah blah etc.

I'm pretty well certain that the timing is spot on, but some of the patterns may be a bit whack because I'm used to doing stuff for other rhythm games. That's mainly what I'm looking for help on...

I'm probably planning on doing the easier difficulties tomorrow, or something. I dunno.

Oh, and yes, this is my FIRST beatmap. Just felt like saying that.

EDIT: Normal difficulty added. This I'm very unsure about; I honestly dislike mapping easier modes for just about every rhythm game; but hey, it's not too bad, in my opinion.

I'm doubting if I'll add any other difficulties or not at this point.

x2: Per foulcoon's comments:
Changed offset to 9753, as opposed to -407 (See, this is what happens when you're used to StepMania and how offsets are handled there). This sounds correct to my ear, but maybe someone else could confirm?
[Normal] Beats shifted around a bit where noted - I'm pretty sure they've been moved far enough
[Insane] Slight change around 57.00, as foulcoon noted.
Yeah, I stuck with [Insane]; I think that has a better ring to it, honestly. To each his own, though.

Also, shifted to Pending; I really doubt that I'm going to work on more difficulties at the moment.

x3: A couple of minor changes... mostly tiny things that I forgot to add earlier.

x4!: [Insane] shifted to [Hard], new [Insane] difficulty added. This one fits the moniker a bit better, in my opinion. That being said though, I may have gone a bit overboard... hehe. Also; I'm not certain if the spinners at the start of [Insane] are allowed; I swear I've seen similar spinners in another ranked map though, so who knows.

x6: (x5 disappeared due to server messups) Full resubmitted to fix apparent BSS wackiness. Slider ticks and offsets changed; whee!

xWhatever, I lost count: Resubmitted again; I dunno if BSS is working fully but it looks like it is from the uploader, so...

xWhatever+1: A couple minor changes to difficulty settings; fixing break times for all difficulties. Hopefully with peppy's fixes to the BSS, this'll upload correctly.

xWhatever+Some other number: [Insane] A change early on so it doesn't look as ugly. :P

x^+1: [Normal] Slight change around 1:09 to keep some consistency with the part around 1:03.

x^+2: Revamps to everything per CW's statements; etc

xOh hey I forgot about this place: WISE FWOM YOUW GWAVE! ...etc.

Hitsounds update, a couple other slight changes. RAWR!
Rearmed
Cool first map, I think you did a great job. I agree that the bmp is close to perfect if not already. I thought the patterns were neat. They were crazy but certainly not impossible to do. I also like that this is the insane difficulty and I'm able to do most of it with a mouse (Most insane difficulties seem to be made for those with a touch screen... or maybe i just stink) I really could not find anything wrong with the map, but what do I know I've also just recently uploaded my first map. (viewtopic.php?t=8214).

Also I think this is a cool song but I think Machinae Supremacy's remix of the theme of Bionic Commando Rearmed (heh, heh) is their best song.
foulcoon
This is really good for a first map...

Offset sounds more like 9,750. It seems like you don't quite understand what the offset is, maybe you should check the faq in the beatmapping section. After you change this offset, set your beat snap divisor to 1/2 (top right), and go to the timing dropdown and click "Resnap all notes". This may mess up some notes later on, but i'll get to that.

[Normal]
00:25:12 (1) - move father away from 2
00:34:31 (1) - father away
00:38:81 (2) - too close to 1
00:46:31 (1) - ^^^
These fixes might not seem big, but even I was hitting these early due to them being too close to the previous slider.

[Insane]
Personally i would call this [Hard], because its fairly easy.
00:57:00 (5,6) - on grid level 3, move these both over 1 square to the right, looks much better.
01:30:37 - Now is the fun part, change your snap divisor back to 1/4. All these triple stacks of notes are messed up, so you will need to adjust them so they all fall on a tick. It helps if you press the + on the left side of the timeline, so you can easily move them onto ticks. Hit play to verify that they are in the right spot.
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
This seems to have only two difficulties, somehow?... This Insane doesn't have spinners at the start, if that helps.

Pretty good, though. I'd say decrease the offset by 8 and set the slider tick rate on Insane to 2. Aside from that you should be set when the difficulties are fixed. This gets a star for now~
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI

CheeseWarlock wrote:

This seems to have only two difficulties, somehow?... This Insane doesn't have spinners at the start, if that helps.
BSS is being wacky, apparently. I did a full resubmit, that should get it.
The rest has been done.
foulcoon
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Insane]
00:22:30 (2,3,4) - UGLY! Please move this combo to line up above one, or more to the right of 1, and adjust the following combos accordingly.

Let me also say i hate those stacks... maybe you can find a way to make them slightly easier, but i guess its up to you.

Map turned out well, nice job.
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI

foulcoon wrote:

[Insane]
00:22:30 (2,3,4) - UGLY! Please move this combo to line up above one, or more to the right of 1, and adjust the following combos accordingly.
Done; it's directly to the right of 1 now, and (5,6,7,8,9,10) have been adjusted to match.

foulcoon wrote:

Map turned out well, nice job.
Heh, thanks :)
CheeseWarlock
Being a bit meaner with my modding this time:

[Normal]
Overall it feels like you're mapping too much to the off-beats. It makes the map feel sloppy overall.

[Hard]
01:13:12 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5) - This entire solo section, I'm just not too fond of. Just because the guitar does it doesn't mean you have to.

[Insane]
The solo section here could just look so much nicer...

[All difficulties]
What about hitsounds?
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI
(bump!) This is never gonna get seen back here on page 8 :P
mattyu007
Awaken from eternal slumber, matt
Yuukari-Banteki
starred cus it needs priority and has already been starred
Yuukari-Banteki
Just a friendly reminder that what I say is mostly *suggestion* on how to possibly improve your map and not a *command* that you change your map!

[Normal]
00:40:12 (4) - line this up with 2 and 3
01:11:62 (5,1,2...) - you are severely overusing whistle
01:46:12 (1) - line this up horizontally with the end of the other slider
01:48:37 (7) - make this symmetrical
01:51:37 (1) - needs a finish

[Hard]
00:17:80 (5) - line this up with 4
00:37:12 (1,2) - overusing whistles again and this is getting repetitive
00:45:74 (5) - if you dont make a new pattern for this (which i strongly reccomend) line this up with 4
00:47:24 (11,12,13) - improper stacking (move them manually until the overlap circle outline is no longer fuzzy)
01:08:80 (2) - hidden by 1
01:23:62 (1) - needs a finish
01:44:99 (9) - stack under fading 6? this would require some changes in your map

[Insane]
00:37:12 (1,2,3...) - getting a bit repetitive
01:11:62 (10) - new combo
01:13:12 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is rather repetitive, maybe make the stack move at some point as well as just stacking? This applies to the other sections like it as well
01:23:62 (1) - needs finish
01:51:37 (1) - ^
01:54:37 (4) - maybe remove clap

map is a bit repetitive, not particularly spectacular but definitely starrable.
Topic Starter
MattW_CFI
I'm not going to let this just up and die again because of how busy things are around here... I'll get to this once I get done with a few certain things that are preoccupying me at the moment.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.