forum

[HD/SD | STD Only] Advy's Forest V2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adventium_

A new and improved version of Advy's Forest, now in HD

Advy's Forest is a skin that I made to be simple and fairly clean. It uses green as its only combo color, with a wood-like brown as a base color and magenta as an accent. The skin was designed with 100% background dim, so it may not look as good at lower settings.

Screenshots
Beatmap Select

Mod Select

Beatmap Options

Gameplay

Lighting, Follow Points, and Hitcircle numbers can all be disabled (see Other Stuff)

SpinnerI forgot Monster didn't have any spinners, so this is from a different map

Ranking Screen

Video
Advy's Forest V2 Skin Showcase
Edit: I'm not sure why this isn't working, help appreciated. For now, here's a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh2mLNvkIt8

Other Stuff
Thank you for checking out my skin! While this is still my first skin, it doesn't actually use any of the elements from the first version. I took the green combo color and the name Advy's Forest and decided to make a skin that fit the name a bit more, and doing an HD upgrade at the same time because I didn't have a reason not to.

Originally, there was no brown and a lot more magenta, but it didn't look very good, and turned the amount of magenta way down once I had the idea to make "tree trunk sliders". The brown became a base color for a lot of other things, especially buttons, since it was a much better base than the green.

Credit where credit is due:
  1. All sounds are from the skin - YUGEN -. I used these because - YUGEN - has been my skin for a long time, so it's what I'm used to. The only difference is that I made all of the hitsounds the same (I may have removed a couple other sounds, I don't remember at this point).
  2. The gamemode icons are simply the default icons that were turned green using the Colors -> Levels tool in GIMP.
  3. Everything else was made from scratch by me in GIMP 2.

Customization:
  1. There are blank files included if you don't use numbers for your hitcircles. All you need to do is go into the skin.ini and change the HitcirclePrefix from 'default' to 'blank'
  2. There are also blank files included if you don't like the lighting or followpoints. For these, the file names are 'lighting-blank' and 'followpoint-blank'. You need to change the name both sizes of the original file, then remove the '-blank' from the blank files (If you know a better way to do this, let me know)

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. If you find something that needs to be fixed that I missed or have any suggestions to improve, let me know. I may do some recolors of this skin later if I'm feeling up to it, and you are free to suggest some color scheme ideas for that too.