forum

[Archived] low perfomance after update to windows 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Makiavelli_001
Problem details:
High ping and low performance after switching to windows 10.
When playing on windows 7, I had a ping of about 3 ms and fps> 250. After switching to Windows 10, my ping was 8-9 and FPS <120. However, in other games, my performance improved. What could have affected this? My settings in the screenshots.
My hardware:
Samsung 300V5A (notebook 2012 year of release)
Nvidia geforce 520MX
intel i3 2350 2.3 ghz
Devices:
Tablet xp-pen g640
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

if you help me i give supporter on 1 mounth
osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181024
voxpod
Hi AndryuhiX,

Try letterboxing or repairing osu. :)
(To repair: shift click osu)
Topic Starter
Makiavelli_001

voxpod wrote:

Hi AndryuhiX,

Try letterboxing or repairing osu. :)
(To repair: shift click osu)

i start osu with intel discrete graphics and my ping down to 4,5 ms, but it's still unplayable. Impossible to play dt and fast bpm(. I don't want back on windows 7, but on 10 osu slow af ;(
P.S Repairing and letterboxing don't give result.
Reserve
Have you enabled Compatibility Mode?
Banana_tan
SSD or HDD? i heard from random group that that windows 10 is suck at HDD but run better at SSD. The main cause are 100% disk usage, win update and something like that.
try disabling windows search and superfetch

*just curious, are you still at halloween update by now? can you give me osu!.exe file? so i can rest in peace about this one
Topic Starter
Makiavelli_001

Banana_tan wrote:

SSD or HDD? i heard from random group that that windows 10 is suck at HDD but run better at SSD. The main cause are 100% disk usage, win update and something like that.
try disabling windows search and superfetch

*just curious, are you still at halloween update by now? can you give me osu!.exe file? so i can rest in peace about this one

Hmmm, i think my problem in overheating. For example: in CS:GO my CPU have 92C. Even for laptop it's not not normal
Banana_tan
dry thermal paste or dusty heatsink maybe, have you taking care of your machine properly? if that's not your problem, then kill some background process that you don't actually need, like running win update
i just realize about your setting, uncheck "reduce dropped frame" and "detect performance issues", that makes fps dropped from 120 fps at average to under 100 fps, and latency from under 3.5 ms to 5.2 ms at average.
and how about your frame limiter setting? set it as "unlimited"