forum

I was wondering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fuyuko-chan
Say you download osu onto a computer and it was under your account and it had all the beat maps you downloaded. If you were to download osu onto another computer or laptop and input your account into it, would your beat maps from the other computer be there or would you have to download them again? I was just wondering because there are probably other people, including myself, who have a lot of beat maps and if they were to download them all again, wouldn't that just be a pain?
Nekoroll
The beatmaps you download are locally stored on that computer. If you were to download osu and put it on another computer, you would either have to redownload the maps or transfer them. (what SkittlesBT said down there on transferring)

That being said, a cloud system would be nice but I don't see it being implemented any time in the near future if at all.
Hakase-nyan
You would have to download all of them again.

Just go to Program Files/osu!/Songs and copy-paste.
boat
you might be able to use some cloud software to keep the osu!/songs folder synced on several machines tho

try it
Zelmarked
C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs
It's a simple copy and paste to the new folder on the other computer. It processes them all and then they should be playable.

For skins, they require the original ".rar" file to be extracted to your skin folder.
For local replays, C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Data\r. However I tried copy pasting them once and they were corrupted upon replay so...I dunno.
Topic Starter
fuyuko-chan
ok thx ^^