forum

[Archived] Osu Multi Search Bar Crash.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lontalius
Problem Details:
Was Playing an Osu Multi with over 10 people in the Lobby. We were playing all morning 10/27/18 and we chose a map and half of us aren't able to click the ready button for some odd reason. We decide just for the host to force start and see what happens. Then instantly is says everyone is playing in the lobby, when in reality everyone was still in the lobby screen. It even stated that I was "Playing" when in reality no one was. So we decided to restart the game to fix the issue, so when I left and then searched for the lobby again, my game crashed. I re-opened and searched again. Crashed. And now it is continuing to crash every time I search anything in the Multi search bar. I opened up Solo and can play any map fine but Idk whats going on with Multi.
Thanks for your assistance!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Direct youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9m5S34yOs&feature=youtu.be
osu! version: 20181024.2
Death
Here is the log for reference since it wasn't posted above:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=zOt1TXBJN$3YfF$f7Hbik6x79CgTC.#=zarEKftycIXcH(#=zOCQM13k$uominxAKvOcz5oe7UCvWD3yb9Q== #=zMrK5KGo=)
at #=zOt1TXBJN$3YfF$f7Hbik6x79CgTC.#=zDkEO4hU=()
at #=zwBMwi50SU$y$OFZTgg==.#=zGDhs5w8=.#=z$7d8SkzoYE$fxZcgCg==(#=znGNDzwJSZHAopMR7gSiycmg= #=zE2eI9m4=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=zwBMwi50SU$y$OFZTgg==.#=z1OZgtYHlgk3cmq59xQ==()
at #=z27aFm3cL8gw7ijfusA==.#=zPHvD6Kg=(#=zct5_zndrgQDCdTmnYI58pXg= #=zeaU8CfY=)
at #=zwBMwi50SU$y$OFZTgg==.#=zDkEO4hU=()
at #=zQshe3imsiiL5Z_0Lxg==.#=z4pyeTxYxpWVp(Object #=zxfj1Hag=, EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at #=zbEZB_m7dqDC9PTmQWbcGBQQ=.#=zhcENYRk=(Object #=zxfj1Hag=, EventArgs #=z3IP$VFM=)
at #=zpCbE2zKvUiipVHKWiZyqw0k=.#=z3WvZJi8broyECqT$tQ==(Object #=zxfj1Hag=, EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=zpCbE2zKvUiipVHKWiZyqw0k=.#=zMz0ZAdc=()
at #=zQshe3imsiiL5Z_0Lxg==.#=zMz0ZAdc=()
at #=zyw0Fc$cBbjpvUmZRZQ==.#=zmVk08$4LX6OC(String #=zFZ9sRgoJj2uH, Boolean #=zv0baXpMQ6kyh6AFOnkrPuUE=, Boolean #=zdfb7rFerAIHtbIzeLA==)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Thanks for reporting; Something for sure is causing this behaviour but only at certain times. This should be investigated sometime soon.
poing
I also just got this bug. Was playing multi for quite a while until host went afk. I left the room and tried to search for a new room, but osu! crashed. Restarting osu! results in crashes whenever something is typed into the multi search bar. I can join rooms (without searching) just fine.

osu! version: b20181024.2
Dntm8kmeeatu
peppy is aware of this issue and will investigate when available (probably after Twitchcon)
[LS]PositoniX
I'm having the same issue.
TrulyNathan
Same here, I thought it was the big beatmap I got a few seconds before. but it wasn't because it kept happening
HauserGrim
+1
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в #=zDE85PUj4o2giPVteqTmprESEGarr.#=zih3bfbHEzSS$(#=zqYIxX3PJkefhOvlCwYPnnjLEuRD30tkRoQ== #=zsOciRSQ=)
в #=zDE85PUj4o2giPVteqTmprESEGarr.#=znetVl2U=()
в #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=z2T1GIUc=.#=zY$_tKYO8ZM7cAUBRBA==(#=zhlKhEBa_pLEnWbjgJblX8TE= #=zJYobRUc=)
в System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
в #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=z$274antStjWzR$r8aA==()
в #=zX7_etltQdoodniHqwg==.#=zHnFUGtM=(#=zh_dD$KH7pMubqdevSv6DdB8= #=zPVhp6vE=)
в #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=znetVl2U=()
в #=zxypl2ceCpWCM3LzArw==.#=zwvAfdRsYyM8h(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZloG9Sc=)
в #=zpVAdLN11hPMaSNo3Y$Z1HWo=.#=z9GcFrzI=(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZI3uiGM=)
в #=zDrZZvp$y9s8rwb8r3qCy70A=.#=zwwYWxy2vyOMfZ$dcHw==(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZloG9Sc=)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
в #=zDrZZvp$y9s8rwb8r3qCy70A=.#=zyxe5$JQ=()
в #=zxypl2ceCpWCM3LzArw==.#=zyxe5$JQ=()
в #=zN0tp5mdNG1rEnXAycQ==.#=z0lgcS1XlsU6m(String #=zR1AvMwye1Ior, Boolean #=zWHAXCTwTH2EOsdLWDYry4lA=, Boolean #=zfQ75c9ULl8KU8reLwQ==)
Dntm8kmeeatu
You guys don't need to +1 this thread... This is a confirmed issue and we know it affects all clients.
WoofWoofWulfy
Just don't use the search feature. Simple as that until it's fixed.
shmokebud
From what I can tell it crashes every time on the letter U in auto.
RandomLoli
grab a log from me, works same way on wine 3.6 and under diffrent .net redists.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=zDE85PUj4o2giPVteqTmprESEGarr.#=zih3bfbHEzSS$(#=zqYIxX3PJkefhOvlCwYPnnjLEuRD30tkRoQ== #=zsOciRSQ=)
at #=zDE85PUj4o2giPVteqTmprESEGarr.#=znetVl2U=()
at #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=z2T1GIUc=.#=zY$_tKYO8ZM7cAUBRBA==(#=zhlKhEBa_pLEnWbjgJblX8TE= #=zJYobRUc=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=z$274antStjWzR$r8aA==()
at #=zX7_etltQdoodniHqwg==.#=zHnFUGtM=(#=zh_dD$KH7pMubqdevSv6DdB8= #=zPVhp6vE=)
at #=zrULgObHhRQgnPVG3Hw==.#=znetVl2U=()
at #=zxypl2ceCpWCM3LzArw==.#=zwvAfdRsYyM8h(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZloG9Sc=)
at #=zpVAdLN11hPMaSNo3Y$Z1HWo=.#=z9GcFrzI=(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZI3uiGM=)
at #=zDrZZvp$y9s8rwb8r3qCy70A=.#=zwwYWxy2vyOMfZ$dcHw==(Object #=zobS$OqY=, EventArgs #=zZloG9Sc=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=zDrZZvp$y9s8rwb8r3qCy70A=.#=zyxe5$JQ=()
at #=zxypl2ceCpWCM3LzArw==.#=zyxe5$JQ=()
at #=zN0tp5mdNG1rEnXAycQ==.#=z0lgcS1XlsU6m(String #=zR1AvMwye1Ior, Boolean #=zWHAXCTwTH2EOsdLWDYry4lA=, Boolean #=zfQ75c9ULl8KU8reLwQ==)
hxppy6
still a bug as of 18/11/04. happy clicking <3
Dntm8kmeeatu
It seems this issue has subsided by itself for now.
Please post again in this thread if you ever experience this same issue again.

(I'm going to leave this thread in the general Help subforum so it can be bumped if it ever returns. Instead of marking resolved or moving to confirmed.)