forum

[resolved] Problems with switching to osu! with fullscreen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adventium_
I recently remembered that I was using borderless window mode since fullscreen hadn't been working for me. I swiched back to fullscreen, which is now working (yay!) but doesn't reliably display osu! when switching to it.

For example, if I am looking for beatmaps and download one and open it, osu! becomes the active window (as seen from the taskbar). osu! will momentarily display a frozen image while switching, but the screen goes back to what it was previously and doesn't actually show osu! I can click on whatever is on screen (Chrome, for example) and switch to it, and It can sometimes take multiple attempts to get osu! to display, but never has a problem once it's up. This also happens when launching the game.

While the game is perfectly playable, this is annoying and I would like to fix it if I can. If it is important, when I enabled fullscreen, osu! automatically enabled Compatibility mode with the message "Compatibility mode has been forced for better compatibility with NVIDIA Optimus systems." underneath it. I'm not entire sure what this means.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 6700HQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
16GB RAM
osu! is installed on an m.2 sata ssd, skins and songs are on a 2.5" hard drive.

osu! version: Stable 20181024.2 (latest)
Death
If you are on Windows 10, try disabling focus assist: Windows settings > System > Focus assist, uncheck everything here.
Topic Starter
Adventium_
Thanks, this seems to have worked. Didn't know that focus assist could mess with things, never had a reason to turn it off. No more delay to play!
show more