forum

TAKA respect for J.S.B - Ubertreffen

posted
Total Posts
show more
JappyBabes

dkun wrote:

If you don't like it, then simply leave. Is it that hard to comprehend?
It's completely rankable and some people like it. It follows the music. There is no moderation here, just "I don't like this map". The mapper also has a right to deny mods if they don't assist in what he wanted the map to be. A BAT shouldn't have full say over a map.

dkun wrote:

Also, I didn't know ppy had an alternate account.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

dkun wrote:

GJ!

霸气外露
those

JappyBabes wrote:

rankable
We don't mod to rank "rankable" maps. We mod to rank maps that can hardly get better.
dkun

JappyBabes wrote:

dkun wrote:

It's completely rankable and some people like it. It follows the music. There is no moderation here, just "I don't like this map". The mapper also has a right to deny mods if they don't assist in what he wanted the map to be. A BAT shouldn't have full say over a map.
In a mapper's perspective, and this is soley mine, please don't get me wrong on this; Platinum was mapped very lazily, and could have been an amazing diff, if the mapper just didn't have his pride in the wrong places.

In terms of the ranking process; the BAT always has the final say, as it's their job to uphold the mapping "norm", per-say. There's a set quality on maps, rather than if it's just "rankable" or not, and I guess it's my fault for expecting someone who hasn't modded to know this from the start. My apologies.

If the map tickles your pickle, fine. I can't change that fact from you. But the only difference is that said difficulty isn't on BSS. Which is what modders/mappers/moderators uphold the quality of, side by side, as you can see here. As a modder/mapper in this community, there's an obligation that we can take to withstand the ranking standard, and to gradually increase it, not decrease it. I hope you understand this.
yeahyeahyeahhh

JappyBabes wrote:

Pointless and unjustified 1/4 streams? The whole song is just a piano with fast notes. Not much you can do there. Also, I find the map both enjoyable and difficult. Also, nice job on just completing deflecting my point that the difficulty is rankable.
You're obviously not a mapper and if you are you must be a terrible one if you think all there is in this song is 1/4 streams and there is not much you can do.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Why would I map make a 7 diff map if you think I'm lazy? I think you're the one who's lazy for having 2 diff mapsets ~
dkun

Philippines wrote:

Why would I map make a 7 diff map if you think I'm lazy? I think you're the one who's lazy for having 2 diff mapsets ~
I'm sorry? At least I don't put notes randomly all over the screen and call it a map.

quality > quantity
Topic Starter
Cygnus

dkun wrote:

Philippines wrote:

I'm sorry? At least I don't put notes randomly all over the screen and call it a map.

quality > quantity
Enough dkun, enough. You already won, Platinum is gone. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
JappyBabes

dkun wrote:

Philippines wrote:

quality > quantity
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671 http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23058 You were saying?
Pizzicato
Happy birthday ulet pare
wmfchris
Guys please stop flaming.

It has been a hard time for both mappers and modders, and we should pay our effort to make this ranked, not blaming each other.
dkun

Philippines wrote:

Enough dkun, enough. You already won, Platinum is gone. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
Enough? I wasn't even talking to you and you put this on yourself.

JappyBabes wrote:

I feel like you didn't read a word of what I said.
JappyBabes

dkun wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

I feel like you didn't read a word of what I said.
I feel like you haven't looked at either of those maps. More specifically the first one.

Now that's just plain rude and I don't think it was needed.
dkun

ok.jpg
IceBeam
okay,so

thumbnails don't work in the beatmap listing for me,could anyone else confirm?

you're missing the last kiai in Gold diff,which is 01:05:473 - 01:10:990

could you use soft sampleset (as in Silver) or at least lower the volume to 40% from beginning up to the 00:11:680 in all your diffs? hitsounds are really rough there

and the last thing - as Gold is now the hardest diff - use AR9? it plays more comfortable with it imo.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
fixed all except the volume thing since i believe it's fine

about the thumbnail, i already talked about ephe, it will be fixed asap if it doesn't update
Colin Hou
neither for me
wonders
Please stop!don't hurt the maps just for rank them.
Cyclohexane
okay few things to point out here

platinum diff wasn't either fun or original, it was just streams. There's many ways to make a very challenging difficulty with this song without filling it with streams. It's rankable; but is it worth the rank? If I map something where I just repeat one pattern over and over just copypasting, flipping horizontally, vertically, rotating and whatnot, technically, it's rankable. Is it fun? Hell no. To the map's benefit, I thought the sped-up sliders, as much controversy as they caused, were, in essence, a nice idea. They just needed to be used better.

More about the Platinum difficulty; it's simply unreasonable. 85% of the map was streams, hands down. When I play a map, I don't expect it to just hand the SS to me, but I don't expect to get stuck on it for hours on end because there are too many streams - yes there is such a thing - and my arm simply starts to get tired. When I play a map, I expect it to go like this: "Okay, you're going to have to master a number of various techniques to beat me or FC me." Now, I might not get it on my first try, I might not get it on my tenth try, but at no point will I judge that I've been asked to do something that is unreasonable. This difficulty was unreasonable.

Just don't rank maps because they're rankable. Rank them because they're fun. maps that are original, readable, that flow well, that follow the music, and overall provide a great rhythm experience. You don't need over-the-top difficulty to have fun and enjoy the game.

Good luck to Philippines for this map, is it is now a reasonable mapset. Let us forget about that Platinum difficulty, it's not there anymore.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Platinum is a Legend. No one will ever forget this diff.
IceBeam
well,if Eph said so
I see no more problem then,ranked

also please don't spam shit anymore,it's already 20 pages
Topic Starter
Cygnus
YEY! Thanks IceBeam! <3
Curry
gratz once again :o
Stefan
Congrats

Edit: Can't update Chrome.. :/ Already tried with Re-DL.
http://puu.sh/IJ6O
quiz-chan_DELETED
Congratz! :D
Gaba
I just love this forum.
Ulysses
rank來的不是自己喜歡的
rank來幹什麼?

這不是一個rank 是一個 indignity
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

nold_1702 wrote:

rank來的不是自己喜歡的
rank來幹什麼?
^
Lunah
I find the Platinum difficulty original and funny to play, I really enjoyed it \:3/

derp.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Let's rank it while it's early!
winber1
the platinum diff is still not he original original diff :(

what was the original reason to unrank it anyway...? everything is extremely clear in the one i just downloaded too. /too lazy to look in thread
kurohana
finally rerank :3 congratz ^^
thelewa

Philippines wrote:

what diff?
LKs

thelewa wrote:

Philippines wrote:

what diff?
.you deleted that diff

I still have it in my pc :p
Bass
You tell to delete that diff, while Fear's maps gets ranked with her diffs where notes are almost randomly placed. Where is justice? Congratulations,
Makar
Can you please remove the image in the first post? It hurts my eyes to try to read.

Secondly, I think people should stop complaining about the platinum diff being deleted, and please read what Mr Color said = = it's very true.

those wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

rankable
We don't mod to rank "rankable" maps. We mod to rank maps that can hardly get better.
JappyBabes
His post is an opinion of the map as are mine I guess.
val0108
why nothing most diff
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Can soneone please unrank my map? I wanna bring. Back and FIX Platinum.
Tanzureir
I'm sorry, but it seems that Chrome difficulty is glitched.
Osu keeps telling me to update to latest version even if I have already downloaded the latest .osu file.
Has someone else also experienced this problem?
show more