TAKA respect for J.S.B - Ubertreffen

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Shut up dkun, go and flirt with some faggots around
Loctav
Apparantly someone doesn't want to face the truth dkun just showed up.
Whatever, let's see how long it needs until this is the first unranked map being unranked for longer than a half year.
Yey.
Agnes

Philippines wrote:

To be quite honest, you only helped dkun's statement on your attitude just by saying that...

That's about all I wanted to say.
Seph

Philippines wrote:

A respect for a respect.

Philippines wrote:

and you wonder why so many people hate you.
Shiirn
locked to prevent flaming

if you want to discuss bringing this map back around (And really, bring up a discussion, not a complaint), feel free to contact any of the many bats that have "harassed" you about helping your map.

The mapper has stepped beyond normal bounds; be it distinctly unrankable or no, there is a degree of leeway handed down to the BATs as a whole in the interpretation of the rules given to us - in layman's terms, we can make our own rules on the fly specifically as a counter to people trying to edge past the rules. As such, not only has Philippines disrespected the rules of mapping, he has disrespected everyone and everything around him, including his own map. As his behavior has not changed despite warnings and attempts for reasoned discussions, an impasse has been reached, and as such, I am nuking this map. It is not permanent, but a deterrent for flaming and continued public disrespect of everyone by everyone. It will return when Philippines gets his act back together and everyone else quits being childish.
SapphireGhost
Hello. Philippines has showed interest in continuing this map and enough time has passed to warrant giving this another try.
Everyone, please maintain a respectful and helpful attitude. Setting this back to the "unranked" icon.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Thank you SapphireGhost.
Low
It's good to see that you've had a change of attitude. I shall mod this again soon. Good luck and best wishes!
those
Let's try this again.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Thanks. Hope this gets ranked soon so I can make a full Leave on this society.
yeahyeahyeahhh
whoever deleted my post, I hate you
Low
Let's get this back on track.

General

1. Since some people may be confused as to which game this first appeared in, you may want to add "Beatmania IIDX" 15 to the tags.
  2. You have a TaikoBG in your folder, but it isn't used on the Taiko difficulty.
Rust

1. 00:07:197 - I feel as if you should add a note here due to the fact that it's present in the music. It feels somewhat bland without it.
  2. 00:08:577 - Same as above.
  3. 00:26:852 (3) - You should make this slider into one that blankets the previous slider. It would look much neater.
  4. 01:01:335 (1) - A whistle should be at the beginning and end of this slider.
  5. 01:02:714 (2) - ^
  6. 01:19:611 (1) - A clap should be on this in order to follow what you were doing at 01:16:852 (2,3,1,2).
  7. 01:20:990 (1) - This one too.
  8. 01:30:301 (1) - A clap on the end of this one to follow your 2 4 clap pattern.
  9. 01:32:628 (1) - This spinner should really start 1 1/4th tick earlier.
Bronze

1. 00:15:818 (1) - You may want to tilt this slider a bit to go along with the previous angled slider. Like this.
Emdyion's Silver

1. 00:03:059 (4) - This should be one grid to the right to from a symmetrical pattern.
  2. 01:26:508 (1,2) - What's with the sudden whistles on these sliders? They don't fit with the previous hitsounds.
  3. 01:30:990 (1) - The clap should be removed from this slider. It doesn't really sound right to me.
Chrome

1. 01:09:611 (1) - Rather than a spinner, I believe this section of the song would be better if you mapped it out.
Gold

1. 00:47:542 (1,2,3,4,5) - Somewhere in this long series of streams, you really need to give the player a break. This isn't the hardest difficulty.
Platinum

1. 00:22:714 (1,2,1,2) - =[
  2. 00:25:473 (1,2,1,2) - =[
  3. 00:32:714 (5) - A clap should be here.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Jacob wrote:

General

1. Since some people may be confused as to which game this first appeared in, you may want to add "Beatmania IIDX" 15 to the tags.
    Oh okay. ^^ Added Beatmania IIDX only because 15 would be a useless tag.
  2. You have a TaikoBG in your folder, but it isn't used on the Taiko difficulty.
    Oh lol. fixed
Rust

1. 00:07:197 - I feel as if you should add a note here due to the fact that it's present in the music. It feels somewhat bland without it.
    sure
  2. 00:08:577 - Same as above.
    sure
  3. 00:26:852 (3) - You should make this slider into one that blankets the previous slider. It would look much neater.
    I tried. But it made me redo the whole map because of the spacing problem. Would love to follow this, but I hope you'll understand if i say no.
  4. 01:01:335 (1) - A whistle should be at the beginning and end of this slider.
    sure
  5. 01:02:714 (2) - ^
    sure
  6. 01:19:611 (1) - A clap should be on this in order to follow what you were doing at 01:16:852 (2,3,1,2).
    k
  7. 01:20:990 (1) - This one too.
    k
  8. 01:30:301 (1) - A clap on the end of this one to follow your 2 4 clap pattern.
    k
  9. 01:32:628 (1) - This spinner should really start 1 1/4th tick earlier.
    No change. This one was suggested by Derekku, so I guess I shall stick to his choice. Hope you understand. :O
Bronze

1. 00:15:818 (1) - You may want to tilt this slider a bit to go along with the previous angled slider. Like this.
    I don't really see any errors here. so I'm afraid I'm going to say no. Hope you understand.
Chrome

1. 01:09:611 (1) - Rather than a spinner, I believe this section of the song would be better if you mapped it out.
    Replace this one with slider stream. ^^
Gold

1. 00:47:542 (1,2,3,4,5) - Somewhere in this long series of streams, you really need to give the player a break. This isn't the hardest difficulty.
    This ain't the hardest, but it's an 'Insane Diff'. On the other hand, I guess a 1/2 break for every 5 notes is just enough for this difficulty.
Platinum

1. 00:22:714 (1,2,1,2) - =[
    i hope this would be the final suggestion i'll receive for this one. I change this one and moved all (2) as near as I can.
  2. 00:25:473 (1,2,1,2) - =[
    same as above.
  3. 00:32:714 (5) - A clap should be here.
Good luck!
Now this is what I call a good mod. Thank you so much for rechecking ^^
Emdyion

Jacob wrote:

Emdyion's Silver

1. 00:03:059 (4) - This should be one grid to the right to from a symmetrical pattern. I checked with CTRL+H, and it already seems symmetrical to 1
  2. 01:26:508 (1,2) - What's with the sudden whistles on these sliders? They don't fit with the previous hitsounds. Fixed.
  3. 01:30:990 (1) - The clap should be removed from this slider. It doesn't really sound right to me.
Fixed.

Good luck!
JappyBabes

Jacob wrote:

Platinum

00:22:714 (1,2,1,2) - =[
00:25:473 (1,2,1,2) - =
To be honest, I never saw a problem with those notes. They've always been easily readable and FCable. >_>
GigaClon
In terms of tags, You should add DJ Troopers as that is the name of IIDX 15
Aleks719
We fixed:
  1. inconsistency in source
  2. stats in Gold
  3. some spacing in Platinum

leeeeeeeeeeeeet's try again. Bubbled.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
yes, finally <3 Thank you Aleks! :DD
quiz-chan_DELETED
one more bubbleeee, come ooon.
BeatofIke
^
Derekku

Quiz-chan wrote:

It's not going for Approval, so it only needs one bubble and then a heart. :p
jossieP
^
Yuukari-Banteki
IRC mod

Edit: tentatively rebubbled
Topic Starter
Cygnus
fixed. fixed. fixed. fixed.
BeatofIke
So many disagreements ~_~ Map is good already!
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Life is full of disagreements. It's your choice, do or don't. -___________________________-
Makar
With choices and decisions come consequences~
Just continue focusing on making the map more fun instead of making the map more challenging and it will lead to a rank.
The whole point of modding is to improve a map; even if a map follows the rules that doesn't mean the quality is good enough for ranking (not necessarily the case here, but I'm just saying this because it was your main excuse for why it shouldn't have been unranked).

I was never here *runs*
quiz-chan_DELETED

Derekku wrote:

Quiz-chan wrote:

It's not going for Approval, so it only needs one bubble and then a heart. :p
Two bubbles equal one heart.
Ephemeral
nothing could possibly justify how one is to fill an entire difficulty with a majority of pointless 1/4 streams and unfounded jumps. this is not difficulty - this is pure, unabated laziness. to rank this map in this state would be an affront to all the other hardworking mappers which place obvious effort into making their maps both fun and suitably difficult without resorting to such ridiculous methods.

you would be better off completely removing Platinum difficulty, to be perfectly honest. a two-page modpost would be barely scratching the sheer quantity of problems with this map. you have effectively made a TAG difficulty, and they are not allowed anymore.

until platinum is appropriately addressed (ergo, is either deleted or significantly changed to actually reflect the music it is mapped to), this map is not suitable for ranking. all the other difficulties are well-measured and beautifully mapped, why sully the set with one ridiculous difficulty?
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Let this map die then.

1. To all BATs/MATs: Thank you for modding [Platinum], and after all your opinions and suggestions, the map has been unbubbled/unranked/nuked/unnuked. You we're all a big help, thanks to Ephemeral.

2. To the rest modders: Thank you too, you hardwork paid off.

3. To all people waiting for a rank: I'm very sorry but this is the end.

To the whole of osu!: Farewell and Have a nice day.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Damn, that's a lot of stars wasted rofl.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
farewell then

well I wasted more stars on my map I don't care ?_?
Topic Starter
Cygnus
for the sake of all the people waiting for the map to be ranked, You've convinced me enough to remove Platinum Diff. :( But this is just disappointing.
JappyBabes
That moment when people complain about Platinum being too hard yet people FCd the harder version within the first day of initial ranking.
dkun

JappyBabes wrote:

That moment when people complain about Platinum being too hard yet people FCd the harder version within the first day of initial ranking.
That moment when someone walks in a thread and starts pointing fingers, yet said person has no idea with the background story, or for that fact; can't even read the thread properly and starts assuming things.

On a side note, great set now.
Ephemeral

JappyBabes wrote:

it's not even difficult?

literally anyone with any proper streaming practice could ss that map in a few goes
JappyBabes

dkun wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

That moment when someone walks in a thread and starts pointing fingers, yet said person has no idea with the background story, or for that fact; can't even read the thread properly and starts assuming things.

Oh because you know whether I've been looking at this thread from the start.

Ephemeral wrote:

it's not even difficult?

literally anyone with any proper streaming practice could ss that map in a few goes
Forgive me for possibly misinterpreting what you said, that this map is essentially a TAG difficulty which would be difficult for a single person to FC which in this case is not.
Ephemeral
it is a very poorly made TAG difficulty, or at least that is the only justification i could see for making it.

regardless, the difficulty was removed from the set by the mapper, so i am restoring the bubble.
dkun

JappyBabes wrote:

dkun wrote:

Oh because you know whether I've been looking at this thread from the start.
"can't even read the thread properly and starts assuming things"

Also... If you put it like that, then you have no idea what a proper map is.

~just saying~
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Please stop saying Platinum is a TAG Diff. That is just pretty insulting.
show more