forum

New mouse~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Airi1993
Hey there :)

i'm searching for a new mouse.. Can you tell me some good? or give me references links etc,etc ~If you wan't course~ :B
:idea:
:roll:

Thank's a lot!

~poor english~ :| :|
DerekMcD
Get a m215 wireless mouse from Logitech.
Topic Starter
Airi1993
Thx a lot ♥
Rena-chan
Don't listen to that guy, he's only saying that because he owns one himself.

A new mouse is all about preference and whether it's comfortable for you to hold. Personally I really like my Roccat Kone[+], aside from the scroll wheel being broken.
But go to a store and see if you can get a feeling of what different mice are like and decide from there. Best advice you can get, really.
Galkan
Start out with saying how much money you can spend on it and what games will be played with it (if anything except osu!). This will help... sort of.
Zelmarked
If we are speaking high-end, I've owned both the G500 and G700. I can recommend both if you specify your needs.
Shellghost
I can vouch for the G500 being 100% reliable and extremely comfortable to use and would implore you to include it in your options.
Shohei Ohtani
You don't really need a high-tech mouse if you're going to be playing osu! I personally prefer a wireless mouse, but the signal can get messed up sometimes, causing me to not play osu! very well (hence why I moved to CtB). Just make sure to get something that isn't a roller-ball >3<~. If your computer is far away from where you mouse will be, then I suggest wireless~. If it's close, then I suggest wired~.
-Athena-
After almost a year of mouse only experience
I think the the most important questions to ask before buying a mouse are:
Claw or palm?
Price?
Does it have inbuilt hardware acceleration?(no would be best for a lot but I have seen some people who like it)
Does it fit your hand and are you comfortable with it?
Does it allow you to calibrate sensitivity however you want or if not then have favorable presets?
Is the click force low?(very very very important if mouse only, basically means does it click easy?)

If the mouse answers favorably to these questions, you know you have the right one.
Gabi

Shellghost wrote:

I can vouch for the G500 being 100% reliable and extremely comfortable to use and would implore you to include it in your options.
^ (G5v2 is slightly better though) this is probably your safest bet if you want a cheap and awesome mouse.

Another choice is the mx518 (old, but still performs really well)

The Steelseries sensei would also be one of my recomendations, although it is quite a bit more expensive than the other 2 options.
[BlinK]
I have a $5 mouse which is comfy.

Who needs $100 mice.
[BlinK]

CDFA wrote:

You don't really need a high-tech mouse if you're going to be playing osu! I personally prefer a wireless mouse, but the signal can get messed up sometimes, causing me to not play osu! very well (hence why I moved to CtB). Just make sure to get something that isn't a roller-ball >3<~. If your computer is far away from where you mouse will be, then I suggest wireless~. If it's close, then I suggest wired~.
I had a rollerball. Its not too bad, Just when it gets jammed. THEN its annoying.
kriers

_-B l i n K-_ wrote:

Who needs $100 mice.
someone with ambition

Shellghost wrote:

That's a really awful gaming mouse compared to competitors like Qpad 5k and Mionix naos 5k. And I should know. I used G500 all of 2010.
those
Do you have a $100 mouse, kriers?
I have a $10 mouse.
kriers

those wrote:

I have a $10 mouse.
$90 mouse. Close enough.
raburienjel
go for razer deathadder
friendok48

kriers wrote:

those wrote:

I have a $10 mouse.
$90 mouse. Close enough.
oh you finally got rid of your 5$ mouse where you used to kick my ass on multiplier last year with pure mouse : (?
Jordan

kriers wrote:

_-B l i n K-_ wrote:

Who needs $100 mice.
someone with ambition
I wonder if an expensive mice really does that enormous difference... I have a cheap one and I play just fine, I think
Vish024
The quality of your mouse does not influence your playing skill, from my point of view at least. I don't need a fantastic mouse for a good gaming experience, it's all an illusion. Get something decent, as long as it doesn't bite your hand off it's fine according to me.
D33d
For this game, a G9x would be good. It can be configured with a load of profiles and DPI settings and the shape and tracking feel really solid. Plus, you can switch the grips on it for precision or comfort. It sounds gimmicky, but it is very useful.
Doomsday

_-B l i n K-_ wrote:

Who needs $100 mice.
^

...but then again, I've never used a mouse that cost me more than £3 so I guess more expensive mice would feel better to use / be more responsive
show more