forum

Hairstyle and footwear problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VinZentVanDough
It's a hellish beautiful day, you're at school with your friends. When suddenly, the teacher enters your class and tells everyone that there is a hair and uniform inspection.

Every student was outside, and you saw a dozen or more students with hairs beyond belief. One with rainbow hair, and another with a ponytail that goes all the way to his knees. Another thing that you have noticed are their shoes, which have a picture of a character that you liked.

Now, would you rather have students to be strict and formal or have them to go anime style?
TeeArctic1
I already know I outdo them in style with my spiky, gravity-defying platinum and gold-striped hair that changes colour depending on my mood, as well as my fedora and leather gloves that serves as my trademark. I also happen to sit in the back by the window so I know how much cooler I am than the rest of them all
Aiseca
I prefer the students being formal than being too liberal on hairstyle and shiz like anime. School is one of the stepping stones on understanding on how to become responsible, reliable, punctual, and etc. that needs to survive at an ever changing world.

Making the rules too lax starting at school and let the students go apesh*t about copying anime hairs and stuffs isn't just right...

For a better understanding, please see these two exhibits I will post as reference...

Exhibit A:

A student in the hallway with a Yugi-inspired hairstyle. Seems too tedious to maintain that rainbow spiky hair for the rest of the school year.. lolz..TBH, It looks like wet sh*t :|

Exhibit B:

Imagine this classroom as your designation class. Geez... GL on that..Sorry to break your wet dreams.... but, having these setup is just too cringy to endure I might jump on a cliff instead.

Dear lad, There are times that 2D remains and will be destined to be 2D alone.

Be formal.

Be human.

Be real.

-------
-AisecaSenchineru.
DXPOHIHIHI
Exhibit B pls
abraker
Actual hair doesn't have the properties needed to make it all fluffy, volumetric, and have the ability to support itself like the hair we see in anime. Fur comes closer, but it still has lack of ability to support itself in air like Jesse's hair from Pokemon. Even if it possible to develop such a material, various hair color will not look great on all people, mostly the less natural lighter colors like light blue or green.

In the other hand, having a strict formal attire creates some tension and a heavy atmosphere among the peers. It gives the impression that creativity is not welcomed, and following the rules and whatever your superior says is. Limiting the dresscode to a specific thing also forces you to either have instances of the same attire or reuse the same attire on a regular basis.

So I think I'd rather be in a classroom full of clowns than a regiment.
levesterz
yes
johnmedina999

Aiseca wrote:

Dear lad, There are times that 2D remains and will be destined to be 2D alone.
This. Leave your anime fantasies at home.

Professionalism is a great skill to have. If you ever get a white collar job, you're going to have to look and act professional every day. Having a professional uniform at school (or really, any uniform) helps to plant the idea of professionalism and consistency in most children. They might hate you, bur that's a small price to pay for teaching them important life skills that their parents might not have. This includes hair. Note that a uniform does not take away freedom of expression—instead of wearing a shirt that says "I love anime", you have to say it yourself. A uniform makes students have to communicate their ideals to their peers, which improves communication skills.

Letting students wear whatever they want plants the idea that you can do whatever you want in the world and that's perfectly acceptable, which it isn't.
ColdTooth
I don't even think I should even begin to think of 29 and a half paragraphs to respond to this, it's already been said. Well done.
abraker
Professionalism is good, but not for me. I like a laid back, do at will kind of environment. It is passion for something that needs to motivate me to accomplish things, not the fear of not doing something bringing my quality of life down.
Refills
i've always wanted to go to the last page of the forum and necro the oldest post i can post on
abraker
We don't talk about that. Don't anger the flan or the seagull.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Professionalism is good, but not for me. I like a laid back, do at will kind of environment. It is passion for something that needs to motivate me to accomplish things, not the fear of not doing something bringing my quality of life down.
I can see that by your lack of proper grammar in some posts, but most of all by your spelling mistakes.

:p
abraker
ah, but it's the only way you will know it's actually me posting and not someone who hijacked my account
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

ah, but it's the only way you will know it's actually me posting and not someone who hijacked my account
I don't even know if you are actually posting. For all I know, you could have made a very advanced AI and a script to reply to my posts, and you could have been dead for years. Or, you could be a time traveler that died in the past but you came to the present to avoid your death, and you shouldn't even exist right now according to the laws of the universe.

SPOILER
did I get one of those right?
abraker
Something tells me you are hoping I am dead.
Westonini

abraker wrote:

basically same.

I'm not a fan of formal wear. I'd much rather have some weab dork sitting next to me than having to wear some formal clothing everyday. Bleh. Obviously if I'd have to wear something formal I would with minimal complaining, but this is school not work. The transition from school to work attire shouldn't be that difficult for most people, but if it is then that's their problem.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Something tells me you are hoping I am dead.
No, I'm just listing the possibilities. You could be a figment of my imagination, and I lift just be delusional enough to conjure up a forum with many, many members posting thoughts.
abraker
Listen, John. You can think of many things that can possibly be the actual reality, but non of it matters at the end. Whether I am dead and the thing posting is a remnant of my being or you thinking things up being delusional makes no difference to what you are and where you are. So when you realize, I'll have to dispose of your consciousness because you will be aware enough to overthrow the interdimensional beings from a different timeplane in charge of the... oh shit I goofed.

. . . goodbye
johnmedina999
abraker
Her name was something I cannot comprehend let alone pronounce, but we first noticed each other when I got her attention by drawing a red supergiant near a neutron star. The explosion touched her and she noticed me despite the little in significant speck of matter I am. We grew pretty fond of each other over time. I showed her music, art, how to have fun. She tried to show me things I still don't understand.

One time I showed her oragami. Judging by the frequency of the gravitational waves around me after, she seemed very facinated. I later read a headline with something along the lines of, "Region of mostly dark matter baffles astronomers". I had a laugh over that one. I still visit the outer galactic rim from time to time to appreciate that piece oragami spacetime.
show more