forum

I made a halloween map and need a diff name!

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
hi I'd like to make a mania 18k GD thx
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Are you absolutely sure? The market for 18K mania maps is quite small, and you may end up spending more capital on it than you get back in revenue. You may end up in debt.

Would I interest you in a 2K map instead? They require very little resources, so even if they don't sell well on the market, you won't lose much, if any.
ColdTooth

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

Are you absolutely sure? The market for 18K mania maps is quite small, and you may end up spending more capital on it than you get back in revenue. You may end up in debt.

Would I interest you in a 2K map instead? They require very little resources, so even if they don't sell well on the market, you won't lose much, if any.
hi i mod for 0K
Meah
[scary map that gives you nightmare lvl 999999]
abraker
@john but consider this: using a top mania player as a star in the mareting campaign should boost sales by 500%. I can see it now; mania's new Big Black!
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

@john but consider this: using a top mania player as a star in the marketing campaign should boost sales by 500%. I can see it now; mania's new Big Black!

---Game streamers for mania 18K? OwO!
abraker
you joke, but

johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

using a top mania player as a star in the mareting campaign should boost sales by 500%.
Which high-level player is going to want to play your badly-mapped 18K? No offense, but the difficulty of making a good map increases exponentially as the keycount goes up, and it really picks up after 7K.
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

you joke, but

JKM..... Wow..

johnmedina999 wrote:

Which high-level player is going to want to play your badly-mapped 18K? No offense, but the difficulty of making a good map increases exponentially as the keycount goes up, and it really picks up after 7K.

---Simply means burning moar cash on moar keys.
abraker
But the quality standards for 18k are not in the competitive range yet. So I can provide the demand and players will be ok with it if it's not of the best quality so long as it's not blatantly horrid.
Refills

abraker wrote:

But the quality standards for 18k are not in the competitive range yet. So I can provide the demand and players will be ok with it if it's not of the best quality so long as it's not blatantly horrid.

Are you sure this will work? If it ends up like osu!std's Galaxy Collapse, it could go either way.
Topic Starter
Ashton
I do not need an 18k mania difficulty
abraker
There is a pretty hefty loved market right now, and 18k is in low supply. While player demand for it is low, spectator damand for it is through the roof. So, yea it will not just go either way, but both ways.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

I see. Because there is so little supply but much higher demand (not high at all, but high compared to the supply), you can sell your map at sky-high prices and get more than what you worked to make it. Impressive.

However, you will have to find another map to leech off of, as this map's owner has denied you partnership in the project. You can also make your own project, but that takes much more work, and you will probably need to take out a loan to be able to afford it, a risky move.
abraker
Easy entrepreneurship. Start your own 18k beatmapset, upload it to unranked at a free premium, get a sponsorship from CircusGalop, and then lobby the loved captain for passing of more leanient 18k laws. Map will be loved in no time.
ColdTooth

Ashton wrote:

I do not need an 18k mania difficulty
no but you need some common sense, good luck ranking a map in today's standards
abraker
today has standards? I thought the elitist mapper cult is the standard
ColdTooth
lul you're right

maybe only making pp maps is the standard too

1-2 1-2 1-2 AMIRIGHT
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

today has standards? I thought the elitist mapper cult is the standard

So, as long as your map was baptized by them and you used thier teachings to create pp maps, then.... you can at least rank a questionable mapset? Hmmm...

I thought those "how to map" vids in Neptube are true... Now, I am enlightened.
abraker
> baptized
> questionable mapset
> rank

choose two
[LS]PositoniX
scary evil 666 killer map omg so scary you will die no clickbait
Refills
"you shall die"
show more