forum

[osu!std] 10/21/18 MajorLeagueWobs - Major League Can Can by Cassu2

posted
Total Posts

Should MajorLeagueWobs - Major League Can Can by Cassu2 be Loved?

Yes
63.89%
No
36.11%
Total votes: 396
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
MajorLeagueWobs - Major League Can Can by Cassu2
Captain's Description (by DigitalHypno):
Ah, what would Project Loved be without a meme map here and there? This round we have Cassu2's mapset of ""Major League Can Can"", a remix of the Can-Can littered with 2014 meme sample sounds on top of 2014 meme sample sounds. Conversely to how the song plays out to the ears, the mapset itself is perfectly playable and enjoyable. It features a full difficulty spread of six maps ranging from high 1-star to high 5-stars, with guest difficulties from - Physical - and Sharkie. If you're looking for a blast to the dank memes of the past, have a go at this mapset and maybe join the mass of 200+ users who have favorited the map.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/819697
-Flashlight-
no problem with the song but the map is ehh
Khrono691
there is no way im letting this get loved
Data Bytten
maybe save maps like this for a dedicated "meme week" again
PapaCache
was gonna comment something like 5 years too late, but then I saw the release date of the map.
huu
This was popular back in the day, sure, but nowadays I don't know anyone who plays this map unironically. It was a product of its time, but I don't think anyone really cares about this anymore, especially with looking at the current votes. (I think this is the most unwanted map so far ever?)

I'll agree with Data Bytten that this should've been saved for a dedicated meme week.
Cassu2
Wait I don't want this for loved LMAO
Scarlet Evans
Just listen to this song! Imagine in how fun way it could be mapped!
See this abundance of possible patterns! Visualize all these kinky sliders in your head, the anti-flow patterns, back and forths, the zigzags, ① and ①-② patterns that some of these explosive or cut sounds could produce. I could keep going on and on!

Then play the maps in the mapset yourself and get disappointed not only by quality, but also by how generic some difficulties are, not using this rhythmic potential at all... :-(

[Sharkie's Extra] is quite fun to play. [Insane]... maybe? But [420]... :-(
h3oCharles
blaze it.

the only set that isn't a one diff dunno-what-im-doing thing with bad timing tbh. it's pretty boring but for a 2014 map it was good enough back then.

and it's kinda ironic that I nominated it
show more