forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cherry Blossom
Gignac is back :D
For France - Portugal, and Armenia - France

Gk : Lloris (Tottenham), Mandanda (Marseille), Ruffier (Saint-Etienne)

Def : Digne (PSG), Evra (Juventus), Jallet (Lyon), Koscielny (Arsenal), Mangala (Manchester City), Mathieu (Barça), Sagna (City), Varane (Real Madrid)

Mid : Cabaye (PSG), Matuidi (PSG), Pogba (Juventus), Schneiderlin (Southampton), Sissoko (Newcastle)

Att : Benzema (Real Madrid), Cabella (Newcastle), Gignac (Marseille), Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Payet (Marseille), Rémy (Chelsea), Valbuena (Dynamo Moscow)
Vish024
Been a fiery affair so far in West London, I thought Arsene would flatten Jose for a moment. Hazard did well to earn the penalty and convert it, 1-0 to them at half time.
bmin11
ya I did not think I would see the physical side of Wenger lol
Vish024
mmmm I have to say Miss Eva Carneiro...uh never mind.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see red later on in the game.
bmin11
Chelsea have two fine asses by Ivanovic and Caneiro as well as two fine goals
Vish024
Our midfield and defensive lines were pushed too high up, instead of retreating our midfielders chose to pressure. Good ball by what'shisname, a quick counter that carves us up when we're too far up the pitch. It's exactly what people were saying would sink us.

2-0 at full time, have to say it'll be hard to for anyone to chase Chelski this season. gg and g'night.
bmin11
Chelsea got what they came for. Now we just have to see how Courtois is doing. Might as well have his headgear ready like a true Chelsea goalkeeper would wear.
Cherry Blossom
omfg was that Juve - Roma.
3 penalties, 2 red cards, 7 yellow cards, 5 goals, and a fight.
Please, 2 penalties for Juve which were not supposed to be counted. GG referee.
Trash Boat
Today's River-Boca Superclassic match is a good example about how football works on a rainy environment.
River-Boca best rivals :D
Vish024

bmin11 wrote:

Chelsea got what they came for. Now we just have to see how Courtois is doing. Might as well have his headgear ready like a true Chelsea goalkeeper would wear.
I hope he's alright, that was a nasty collision.

Arsene says he has no regrets about shoving Jose. Fair enough mate. Looks like the press are trying to make the most of it by querying both managers about it.

Cherry Blossom wrote:

omfg was that Juve - Roma.
3 penalties, 2 red cards, 7 yellow cards, 5 goals, and a fight.
Please, 2 penalties for Juve which were not supposed to be counted. GG referee.
Heard about this, looking forward to seeing the highlights.
Tanzklaue
both the BVB and the VFB struggling heavily in the Bundesliga, not a nice time for a guy like me to be a football fan :/
Vish024
At least most of BVB's and Stuttgart's fans aren't miserable gits. Almost every Arsenal fan I've seen has been spouting cynical garbage over the last few weeks. People were deflated about the Chelsea game before it even began, expecting us to lose, and then they became infuriated when we lost. Honestly if they expected us to lose and then we lost what's there to complain about? People need to support the club or piss off.
Tanzklaue
stuttgart fans are pretty miserable. it's been a long fall from grace the last few years since the championship. money was thrown around inefficiently, and now we have to deal with the results.

though i must say that Bobic's last buys are finally paying off, or at least Kostic does. god, kostic is soooooo good.
bmin11
Ozil is out for 10 weeks due to a knee injury. Rumors say he had this injury while playing against Chelsea. If this is true, it would explain his recent form and also makes me question Arsenal fitness/medical teams sanity. Nope, nevermind, but still, wtf

Courtois is also missing out on his International match, but his injury wasn't bad it seems.

Schurrle also missed his training like Ozil due to ankle I heard. No reports yet.
Vish024
Ozil's injury history:
Schalke: Out for 7 days in total
Bremen: 29 days
Real Madrid: 0 days
Arsenal: 133 (including this latest injury)

Everything points towards something to do with our fitness regime, training regime, squad rotation and total time spent on the pitch by players. The crux of the matter is that Arsene sticks to a certain line up for several games on the trot as opposed to rotating the players, especially after midweek Champions League games, and he rarely makes substitutions before the 70th minute and even then he usually makes a tactical change as opposed to replacing players who are genuinely bloody tired. Our most common injury is the hamstring, which is picked up usually due to fatigue. Also our playstyle, which involves dominating possession and quick passes, tends to attract fouls and more aggressive, frustrating responses from opposition sides. Everyone suspects these are the reasons for our ongoing injury troubles.

On a more positive note Walcott is expected to return after the international break. We have a more comfortable series of games to look forward to, with Hull, Anderlecht, Sunderland, Burnley, Anderlecht and Swansea coming up. Hopefully we can pick up maximum points on most of these games and gain momentum and confidence.
bmin11
Ya it was long time before a "bad luck" doesn't cut it anymore. It's just surprising how Wenger isn't taking any actions into this.
Vish024
Currently getting banter'd off.

Gonna be a looooong international break...
bmin11
Play both Fabregas and Costa for full time and lose the match anyway.

EDIT: Hazard has injured his toe. Welp, everyones getting injured.
Cherry Blossom
Yes ! France won against Portugal, good game from both teams. CR7 was mad, Varane was here to block him :D
Tanzklaue
we lost 2:0 in the eurocup qualification.

we still suck lol our form high synced up perfectly with the world cup.
Vish024
You had quite a few opportunities, the Poles just capitalised on the two they had. Also Szcecnnznnznznznnncccnzy played well in goal, personally happy to see that. Poldi almost had him when he hit the crossbar, I think it's time we play Poldi more.
fartownik
Did my country just beat another country in football

this isn't fucking happening, seriously

how is this even real
DeletedUser_1574070

fartownik wrote:

Did my country just beat another country in football

this isn't fucking happening, seriously

how is this even real

1st vs 60th / 60th beat 1st
JonnyThatJonny

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Yes ! France won against Portugal, good game from both teams. CR7 was mad, Varane was here to block him :D
Fernando Santos' 1st game as manager and with some changes too, fairly positive for our next fixtures. And it was a fair result, we were decent throughout the match and could've snatched a draw but France could've made it 2 or 3 up on the first minutes.
bmin11
Vish024
Some interesting events this week. Scotland drawing to Poland, Ireland's clutch draw against Germany and that drone incident between ALB-SERB. I think incident is a massive understatement, it provoked a full blown riot. Honestly what is it about the Balkans? Why is it always them? All this achieves is that it fuels negative stereotypes of the Balkans, their people and their culture as well as negative stereotypes of football as a whole. It's not even laughable, no wonder North Americans scoff at the sport at any given opportunity.

Wish they'd keep politics out of the sport, and by that I mean keep it out of the stands, off the pitch and away from footballing culture. I know politics has a huge influence over the game, as it does over literally everything in society, but it's time fans do their best to separate themselves from political ideologies, divides, events and issues.
Tanzklaue

bmin11 wrote:

Apparently, Mourinho wants Antonio Rüdiger from Stuttgart and he is only 21.
people want our players?

the fuck?

rüdiger isn't even all that great. he's talented, and can show great games, but he's kind of a dickhead and thinks he is the greatest.

things like this will only cement that kinda attitude.
SpeechClass
I concerned about son's form because He got the A-match 4 days ago

but he is perfect guy in today's match that Stuttgart vs Leverkusen.

I wish that he will be better form than this match in next month's A-match
KinkiN

Tanzklaue wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

Apparently, Mourinho wants Antonio Rüdiger from Stuttgart and he is only 21.
people want our players?

the fuck?

rüdiger isn't even all that great. he's talented, and can show great games, but he's kind of a dickhead and thinks he is the greatest.

things like this will only cement that kinda attitude.
sometimes i think that both Mou and Pep got weird taste of players. sometimes
Tanzklaue
3:3 after getting crushed 0:3 in the first half, can't complain.

the second half was one of the greatest things i've seen in football personally. not as great as the 4:4 between stuttgart and dortmund a few years ago, but still spectacular.
bmin11
Finally, some positives coming out of this thread now :D

Chelsea vs Crystal Palace was way to physical. I feel bad for the ref. Heard he is a new guy.
Cherry Blossom
Arsenal saved by Welbeck.
"WELBECK IS ON FIRE, VAN GAAL YOU MESSED UP."
lol'ed.
E14
Levante 0- 5 Real Madrid --> that's so typical
Bayern Munich 6 - 0 Bremen --> this is better
SouthHampton 8 - 0 Sunderland --> HOW ON EARTH DID THEY DONE THIS?!
Vish024
Sunderland started so well this season, they disintegrated under the might of the Saints. Soton have done a brilliant job of improving themselves this season, people assumed they'd play poorly after the summer clear out but they've replaced all sold players and come back in style.

We're heading to Sunderland next week so hopefully we'll trample them in similar fashion.
Cherry Blossom
CLASICO IS COMING SOON.
Which team are you supporting ?

I'm supporting Real.
SpeechClass

Cherry Blossom wrote:

CLASICO IS COMING SOON.
Which team are you supporting ?

I'm supporting Real.
Real
SpeechClass
What the hell to Dortmund.. :?
Tanzklaue
sooooo...

today was very fun.

the game in goals:

1:0 frankfurt

1:1

1:2 stuttgart

1:3
2:3

3:3

4:3 frankfurt

4:4

4:5 stuttgart

WE WON THOUGH! AND EVEN MADE 2 GOALS AFTER THE 80TH MINUTE WE'RE BACK BITCHES!

you also can't help but be fascinated by dortmunds inability to win in the bundesliga, while rocking the shit out of the championsleague at the same time. we're talking possible relegation while winning the championsleague here.
neonat
Arsenal lives
Cherry Blossom
HALA MADRID.
show more