forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11
For some reason, we played better without a manager. Won 3:1 against Venezuela and lost 0:1 against Uruguay.
Vish024
Ramsey twisted his ankle on that shitty Andorran pitch and every Arsenal fan has an obligatory heart attack, apparently it's minor and he should be back by the weekend though.
Tanzklaue
lost 2-0 to bayern. could've been worse, could've been better. i personally was pretty satisfied with the team.
Vish024
2-2 against the champions at home not too bad for us. Numerous tactical errors that I've already gone on too many rants to address and the decision making on the pitch was poor. Good match to watch though and thoroughly deserved result for both sides.
bmin11
Came back from work to see Costa with his hattrick :D Makes me wonder how Spain was unable to get through the group stage with Costa + Fabregas.

All around, best weekend for Chelsea. Man City and Arsenal drew, and Liverpool lost. This is literally the best result.
Vish024
Yeah if this continues you lot will gallop ahead of the pack (obligatory horse reference from last season), honestly I'm not too keen on our away game at Stamford Bridge. Champions League returns though this week, some exciting footballing action to look forward to.

Cherry Blossom
omfg, Parma - ACM.
J. Menez ♥
Vish024
Defensive crisis worsens for us before our clash against BVB at the Westfalen. Monreal and Debuchy out, the latter expected to be out for 3 months, Chambers didn't train and is apparently doubtful. It might just come to a point where we have to play our wingers at full back, we're promoting some young lads from the youth set up it seems.

Honestly a club with our resources should not have these issues to contend with, a defence oriented signing was top priority and the manager alongside those responsible failed to deliver. I think our staff will need a serious overhaul if things nosedive to previous standards this season.
bmin11
Arsenal and BVB meets at CL, and they both show up with an half squad. The story never changes it seems.
Vish024
And it's a story that been going on for too long. Honestly how much bad luck can a club be cursed with in the space of a decade? I'd wager my right bollock that the powers that be have it in for us.

To take our minds off things we had Samuel L. Jackson down at the Emirates on the weekend to watch the City game. Apparently he was Theo's guest.

Yeah take that other clubs, doesn't matter what you got we still have Samuel motherfuckers!
Cherry Blossom
That's why i hate Welbeck.
3 attempts for him, 0 goals.

And i'm glad to see Monaco defeated Leverkusen. I dont want to see France below Russia for UEFA index.
Vish024
Welbeck wasn't the reason the overall performance was poor, he had a few opportunities and surely one should've gone in but let's not ignore the mishaps elsewhere on the pitch. There are so many problems that listing them would require too much time, effort and energy. All I can say is Arsene's stubborn philosophies are beginning to get me down. It's only a matter of time before the fans get outrageously impatient with him, honestly if I hadn't seen his face on the touchline I'd have thought it was Massimo fucking Allegri managing us. Poldi losing his shinguard and having to borrow Ozil's before being sent on the pitch summed up our night.

I was hoping for a draw at best before the game began. BVB completely outclassed us, their fans were at their usual best and their lads probably should've scored 3 or more with all the chances they created. The difference between us and them is the depth their squad has, despite key players like Reus, Hummels, Kuba, Gundogan and Sahin being injured they can still play at almost full capacity and chemistry. This squad has always impressed me and if there's one club that I'd like to see go all the way and lift the title, aside from us obviously, it'd have to be them.

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I dont want to see France below Russia for UEFA index.
This trend will continue and the reason is the oil tycoon money which has steadily ruined French football. PSG and Monaco have bullied away most of their opposition financially in recent seasons, until only 4 years ago we saw French clubs like OL and Bordeaux going quite far in the Champions League and due to the audacious spending from now richer clubs like PSG who are lapping up the talent from their domestic opposition Ligue 1 as a whole is losing depth. At this point I can only see PSG going a reasonable distance in the competition, I daresay Monaco were lucky to get a win against Leverkusen.
Cherry Blossom
P.E Aubameyang was the best player of Ligue 1, that was 2 years ago, before someone called Zlatan. He is really impressive, and i've heard Imobile was the best striker of serie a, he is impressive too.

Ozil is like a mercenary ? I mean, he is well paid since he is in Arsenal, and i guess he does not care of football anymore imo.
Alexis did a good game overall, BVB's defenders were afraid of him.
Wilshere and Rambo were like Ghosts.

And yes, Monaco = Russian money, and PSG = arab money, that's really sad. To be honest i don't really support them for Ligue 1, but it's another thing for CL.

Talking about BVB, i will never forget that ♥ (yes this is old but you can find players like J.Mathieu or Weidenfeller x) )
FC Sochaux Montbéliard was a good football club o/

JonnyThatJonny
Shame how OL still haven't managed to revamp their squad, went from last 16 or last 8 regulars at the CL to not even qualifying. Even if PSG already had today's resources, 2000-2010's Lyon would give them a run for their money. Juninho Pernambucano 8-)

Also, some surprise results and good goals tonight.
Vish024

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Ozil is like a mercenary ? I mean, he is well paid since he is in Arsenal, and i guess he does not care of football anymore imo.
Ozil is being player out wide, he's completely out of his comfort zone there. We might as well play him in goal, he's a central player not a fast paced winger. Furthermore there's this "he's a 42 million quid man" vibe hanging over his head which is damaging his and our reputation further. If Arsene declined the Fabregas offer and claimed we have the better central player at our club THEN WHY AREN'T WE USING HIM PROPERLY???? Place him in the centre for cunt's sake and surely he'll improve, fans have been shouting this for weeks now.

Alexis wasn't up to his best, he was stagnant and caused little problems for BVB. Aaron was poor but Wilshere was by far our best man on the pitch alongside Kos. They both played they're tits out tonight, if it wasn't for Kos who seems to be doing his job as well as that of Merte we'd have conceded several more goals. His errors, however critical they were, can be excused. Wilshere was the only one with a spark in midfield, looking to be clever every time he received the ball. Everyone else just lost the plot.

I think it's time I take a break from football news, gossip and discussion. Honestly it's causing nothing but stress recently. I don't think anyone envisioned us being in this sort of position when we made our initial signings a few days after the World Cup finished. It all looked so ambitious with Sanchez, Debuchy, Ospina and Chambers coming in. Then a month of literally nothing productive and we buy Welbeck in panic mode and now we're facing a tremendous task ahead due to a lack of squad depth and injuries. If I see Arsene's face anywhere at this point I'm going to lose it, Eric Cantona at Crystal Palace style.
Cherry Blossom

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Shame how OL still haven't managed to revamp their squad, went from last 16 or last 8 regulars at the CL to not even qualifying.
There are mainly promising young players like Bedimo, Lacazette or Grenier.
Grenier is like the future Juninho, impressive young player who deserves more attention.
Same as Monaco or Olympique de Marseille, there are mainly young players.

I remember, 2-3 years ago, Olympique de Marseille had the worst squad of ligue 1, because they didn't have money anymore and they were forced to sell or give (like L.Gonzalez), blame that selfish owner. Now there are really nice players for Ligue 1 like A.Ayew, F.Thauvin, D.Payet, N.Nkoulou, but they are not really well made for CL, just see last year. And also, they have a good coach now :)
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Ozil is being player out wide, he's completely out of his comfort zone there. We might as well play him in goal, he's a central player not a fast paced winger. Furthermore there's this "he's a 42 million quid man" vibe hanging over his head which is damaging his and our reputation further. If Arsene declined the Fabregas offer and claimed we have the better central player at our club THEN WHY AREN'T WE USING HIM PROPERLY???? Place him in the centre for cunt's sake and surely he'll improve, fans have been shouting this for weeks now.

Alexis wasn't up to his best, he was stagnant and caused little problems for BVB. Aaron was poor but Wilshere was by far our best man on the pitch alongside Kos. They both played they're tits out tonight, if it wasn't for Kos who seems to be doing his job as well as that of Merte we'd have conceded several more goals. His errors, however critical they were, can be excused. Wilshere was the only one with a spark in midfield, looking to be clever every time he received the ball. Everyone else just lost the plot.

I think it's time I take a break from football news, gossip and discussion. Honestly it's causing nothing but stress recently. I don't think anyone envisioned us being in this sort of position when we made our initial signings a few days after the World Cup finished. It all looked so ambitious with Sanchez, Debuchy, Ospina and Chambers coming in. Then a month of literally nothing productive and we buy Welbeck in panic mode and now we're facing a tremendous task ahead due to a lack of squad depth and injuries. If I see Arsene's face anywhere at this point I'm going to lose it, Eric Cantona at Crystal Palace style.
that actually sounds a lot better than playing one of the worst seasons in club history, then signing nothing substantial and continue just like last season, this time aiming for second league head on though!
Vish024
You'll be alright, just like last season.

Meanwhile at Arsenal:

bmin11
The week was too long. I can't wait for the up coming match against Man City!
Vish024
Aston Villa vs Arsenal about to kick off. Ozil playing in his traditional central position, let's see how this goes. C'mon lads.
bmin11
Scoring three goals in 3 minutes seem standard
Vish024
They should throw a placard at Arsene reading "I told you so you stubborn twat". Play Ozil in his traditional position and and he shines. I hope the journalists grill him on this in the post match interview, he fucking deserves every bit of it. Still not over it. Other than that nice to see Danny bag his first for us.
Tanzklaue
lost 0-2 against hoffenheim, out hardcore fans sent out an open letter that the club can go fuck itself after fucking shit up for the third year in a row, next game against dortmund is basically a free loss because lol stuttgart has no chance against dortmund when we can't even play well or even only not completely shitty against shit tier team like hoffenheim.

we honestly don't ddeserve to be in the bundesliga. our core team sucks for multiple years now, but nobody EVEr fucking bothered to really get new players. our entire team is a catastrophy, and the only good thing that will come out of this is that maybe, just maybe, we finally kick bobic out of the manager position and get someone who knows how to spend money well.

i personally am fucking fed up with this shitty football the team plays week after week, only trying their best until the opponent shoots a goal or until the first half is over, and then going "fuck it, not worth it".
Leader
United just lost 5-3 against Leicester and Liverpool lost 3-1 against West Ham.

I really wonder when English teams will understand they are literally throwing their money away on overrated players without any kind of project in mind. At least Chelsea and M. City spend a lot of cash on talented players who already showed what they are able to do and Arsenal has a well structured project. Spending 40m on average players like Lallana and Shaw is absolutely ridicolous and makes me want to stop enjoying this game.
Vish024
Considering how much United have spent, apparently about 150 million quid during the transfer window, they shouldn't be losing to a team that was just promoted and barely spent anything. I remember seeing the score as 1-2 to United before I had a TF2 session, return after a few hours to see that they'd lost 5-3. Bloody hell it must've been that rubbish defence, looking forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow.
bmin11
Lampard just scored against Chelsea FUCK

EDIT: I had to watch Lampard equalize and see it end with a 1:1 draw. Terrible weekend. I can't even enjoy those United, Spurs, and Liverpool's loses.

EDIT: Everton also lost today. Seems like no one wants Champions League other then Arsenal. Now that I think about it, what a fucking fantastic weekend for Arsenal lol
Vish024
A draw at the champions isn't a bad result by any means. An excellent weekend for us, Tottnumb managed to balls it up at home against West Brom so I'm looking forward to welcoming them to Ashburton Grove for our derby next weekend.

What I find highly amusing is that Chelsea have a squad worth hundreds of millions with enormous flair and raw talent up front and don't have the balls to take the bus out of the parking lot. If a manager llike Bruce or Fat Sam go to Etihad and pull a draw playing defensively the media will criticise City for not breaking them down but when Jose does the exact same with a man advantage as well the media label it a "Mourinho masterclass". It's time the sycophantic halfwits in the media open their eyes and risk upsetting their beloved Jose.
bmin11
The media praised Mourinho for parking the bus? Ahahaha I wonder what changed their mindset since the last season.

Anyway, I think this is definitely a lost by Chelsea. Chelsea had a man advantage and only had 10 minutes left to seal the match. They should praise Lampard for making the comeback if any.
Vish024
More than happy to exit the Mickey Mouse cup so we have less matches to play, otherwise happy to see Diaby playing for once. Hope he remains uninjured for a while now and at least becomes a fringe player who we play in cup games.
Cherry Blossom

LaVolpe024 wrote:

otherwise happy to see Diaby playing for once.
Please Deschamps, call him back D:
Tanzklaue
played 2-2 yesterday against the BVB, which is okay if it wasn't for us losing the lead in the last 10 minutes like always.
Vish024
Hey you still did better than us against the mighty BVB. Quite honestly at full strength I'd say there are only two squads in Europe better than them on paper and they'd be Real Madrid and Bayern.

Pumped for tomorrow's evening cup of tea with Sp*rs. Hope we thrash 'em.
Cherry Blossom
Tanzklaue
WOOOOOO WE WON!!!!!
bmin11
Jesus Christ you guys get a lot of injuries.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Hey you still did better than us against the mighty BVB. Quite honestly at full strength I'd say there are only two squads in Europe better than them on paper and they'd be Real Madrid and Bayern.

Pumped for tomorrow's evening cup of tea with Sp*rs. Hope we thrash 'em.
actually the BVB struggles in the Bundesliga atm, lost versus mainz and today the derby versus schalke. tying the last of the league wasn't that great either, especially since they almost lost.
Vish024

bmin11 wrote:

Jesus Christ you guys get a lot of injuries.
Understatement of the millennium mate. Anyway we should've won considering how much possession we held throughout the match, one tragic error from Flamini cost us at the other end. Ox had a great game as well as Gibbs and Chambers. I can see Chambers becoming our first choice full back in the near future if this continues. Lloris was great in the Sp*rs goal, saved their arse a few times.
Cherry Blossom
Good result for Arsenal, That's how Welbeck must play, just simple.
And I'm happy to see PSG defeated Barcelona. (tbh i hate FCB) And it was a good game :)
I support french teams for CL.
Tanzklaue
Dortmund continues dominating the championsleague. sadly this year the Buundesliga seems to not be kind to them :/
Vish024
Well we really needed that win, after the deflation that everyone in the fanbase seems to have felt in the aftermath of the Sp*rs game. Should be a good one at Stamford Bridge this weekend, as long as we don't get trounced like last time I don't mind to be honest.

I suspect BVB are more inclined to go further in the Champions League than chasing domestic glory this season. I'm sure they'll settle for a top 4 spot in the Bundesliga in exchange for another great Champions League run like back in 2012/13.
show more