forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
for argentina the msot important thing is to not fear germany really. we are their historical feared enemy, we beat the 2006 in penalties and 2010 we jsut mercilessly trounced them with quick play like no one has ever seen it before. people thpought we aren't capable of it anymore. yesterday we showed that we are.

honestly, fear will probably be a bigger enemy for argentina than germany itself. also if germany palys like yesterday then the game should be a victory for us.
SpeechClass

Tanzklaue wrote:

for argentina the msot important thing is to not fear germany really. we are their historical feared enemy, we beat the 2006 in penalties and 2010 we jsut mercilessly trounced them with quick play like no one has ever seen it before. people thpought we aren't capable of it anymore. yesterday we showed that we are.

honestly, fear will probably be a bigger enemy for argentina than germany itself. also if germany palys like yesterday then the game should be a victory for us.
But Germany has to think Argentina's forward line is effective in this world cup, Although argentina do not get goal in NED vs ARG. German's defender line is not fast to catch up Messi and etc Forward. I think This match is depend on neuer's movement.
Vish024
They'll be fine, they have big man Hummels at the back. I just wish Low would play Grosskreutz for once, I mean he should be at right back with Lahm at left back. Also he wouldn't have this winger problem if he'd taken along Sidney Sam, that lad was always lightning at Leverkusen. Imagine how much stronger this team would be with Reus up front, Sidney Sam out wide, the Bender bros fit...it's friggin' scary.
Tanzklaue
you wouldn't dare playing lahm on any position other than right back wouldn't you?+

if you play großkreutz anywhere then on left back.
E14

Magicphoenix wrote:

ed: It's too bad we didn't get to see the Netherlands we were used to seeing at the start of the tournament. Too bad Gaal forced them to play too defensive
too bad he didn't sub Krul for the penalty shootout, he should do that the last time against costa rica..

ed: This maybe the perfect example on that 1-7

SpeechClass

E s s a wrote:

too bad he didn't sub Krul for the penalty shootout, he should do that the last time against costa rica..

ed: This maybe the perfect example on that 1-7
BRAZIL~ lalalalala~
burningapple
BRA7_1L.

):
Vish024
Sanchez officially an Arsenal player for 30-ishm quid. This is a great move by Arsene, hope we clean up the Debuchy deal, pull a decent defensive mid and a decent striker or goal keeper. Gonna be a busy few post world cup weeks!

I think this image might be a bit too much for many women out there.

And many men too.
Tanzklaue
only 1 day until football action finally resumes.

who you think will win the games? i think netherlands and germany (watch my sudden optimism horribly backfiring), though i'd want brazil to at least safe their honor and get third.
Trash Boat
my opinion in this: i think Germany released the weapon a bit soon, and we still have some magic hidden(i hope). Brazil-Netherlands is a mystery
Mismagius
Germany 3-1 Argentina
Netherlands 3-0 Brazil
SpeechClass
Germany > Argentina
Netherlands > Brazil
bmin11

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Sanchez officially an Arsenal player for 30-ishm quid. This is a great move by Arsene, hope we clean up the Debuchy deal, pull a decent defensive mid and a decent striker or goal keeper. Gonna be a busy few post world cup weeks!

And many men too.
I bet no one is gonna complain why Arsenal didn't went for Fabregas.

Suarez has joined Barcelona. Good. I don't have to worry about him anymore. We'll have to see how Liverpool will spend that money now.
Kanye West
Germany 2-0 Argentina
Netherlands 5-1 Brazil
Vish024

bmin11 wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

And many men too.
I bet no one is gonna complain why Arsenal didn't went for Fabregas.

Suarez has joined Barcelona. Good. I don't have to worry about him anymore. We'll have to see how Liverpool will spend that money now.
What sort of crackpot is running Barca these days? I remember a few seasons ago they were almost unbeatable still, they had a superb squad with a good youth foundation consisting of players like Yaya Toure, Bojan, Jefferson, Fabregas and Sanchez who could replace the old guns in the near future and now they're giving these guys away to get stars. It's the most irrational and unsustainable thing to do, but it makes me happy to see the mighty Barca crash.

Talking predictions I'm convinced that:
Germany > Argentina
Brazil < Netherlands
bmin11
I just can't understand why they won't buy a defender. They had the money.

Germany > Argentina
Brazil > Netherlands

you know my reasoning
Fabi
Germany 1 < Argentina 3
Brazil 2 > Netherlands 1
Tanzklaue

Fabi wrote:

Germany 1 < Argentina 3
Brazil 2 > Netherlands 1
argentina hasn't won a single game with more than one goal up yet (except ned-arg but penalties are weird anyway).

I don't think that they will start with it now.
Vish024
It's a big ask for Argentina to win this one against the German machine, honestly Argentina look outclassed on every part of the pitch and may rely too heavily on Messi since Di Maria is out with injury. If Germany can shut down Messi and prevent balls being played to him they should be fine, especially since Messi hasn't been in complete form in these latter stages of the tournament. I'm predicting a clean 3-1 German win.

Also apparently Franz has confirmed that Kroos will be off to Real Madrid after this.
Trash Boat
they WILL start it now
Mikelicious
Germany 1 < Argentina 2
Brazil 0 < Netherlands 3
Varetyr
Germany 2 > Argentina 1
Brazil 0 < Netherlands 20
Darksonic

Tanzklaue wrote:

argentina hasn't won a single game with more than one goal up yet (except ned-arg but penalties are weird anyway).

Germany 1-2 Argentina
Brasil 1-3 Netherlands
Varetyr
my reaction after 2 minutes :

REALLY BRAZIL, REALLY ?
Mismagius
That was quick.
Tanzklaue

Darksonic wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Germany 1-2 Argentina
Brasil 1-3 Netherlands
i don#t see how 2:3 is more than one goal up :P
Darksonic

Tanzklaue wrote:

i don#t see how 2:3 is more than one goal up :P
True, misunderstood.
SpeechClass
BRA2IL..
Mismagius
7-1 incoming
Tanzklaue
so two refereeing errors lead to two goals.

though the netherlands is jsut superior, there is literally no fucking teamplay in the brazil team.
izzydemon
it's happening again
Jindujun93

Tanzklaue wrote:

so two refereeing errors lead to two goals.
That penalty was a legit one, though.

Still, what is that team doing? This is just... plain weird, if you take Tuesday into consideration as well. Yes, they were lucky to get that far to begin with. But still, oh dear...
Tanzklaue
this was jsut a disappointing football game. since this is apparently what was enough to keep argentina at bay, i'm confident that we'll win the final.
Darksonic
Rest in peace.
SpeechClass
I3RAZIL
Mismagius

Blue Dragon wrote:

Germany 3-1 Argentina
Netherlands 3-0 Brazil
Well, I've got one of them at least
Kaeru
Well, this was sad. I also don't really think Oscar deserved that yellow card.
Mikelicious

Mikelicious wrote:

Germany 1 < Argentina 2
Brazil 0 < Netherlands 3
Hope Argentina will win tomorrow as well orz
Kaeru
I'm pretty confident that Argentina won't pull through this time, but I'm sure we can expect a good match. I'm guessing 3 - 1 for Germany.
Kanye West
Oscar definitely didn't deserve that yellow. Funny how the only yellow card given for diving in the whole tournament wasn't even for a dive.

Yeah that whole game was full of bad refereeing though. That penalty in the 2nd minute should have been a free kick and thiago silva should have been gone from the game.
show more