forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Magicphoenix
Brazil < Chile - Mostly because I'm biased, but also because I believe that Chile is on a fucking big run right now and Brazil have barely edged through some weak group teams.
Colombia > Uruguay - No Suarez, No Goals.
France > Nigeria - Well... how did Nigeria get out of group stage again?
Germany > Algeria - OH god if Germany loses this.
Netherlands > Mexico - Nuff said I think, we all saw the performance.
Costa Rica > Greece - Greece were really weak and Costa Rica is not that weak and they have home-continent advantage lol (they got used to climate)
Switzerland > Argentina - I actually believe in this. Argentina isn't very strong at all and Switzerland (especially Shaqiri) are running like monkey, they very well might do it.
USA < Belgium - USA can run but they can't play football. But this is probably my closest choice together with Brazil vs Chile. Their physical condition might as well bring them the win over Belgium
JonnyThatJonny
The thing with the greeks is that no one ever expects anything from them, they never play attractive football but they have a thing for causing upsets. It will also be the 1st match Costa Rica isn't the underdog, I expect them to win but Greece is always Greece.

Also I'd love to watch this Colombia with Falcao. I honestly thought they'd be a bit lost without him but the team shows talent even so. James has grown to be a great playmaker.
Trash Boat
Brazil (may)> Chile
Colombia (may)> Uruguay
France > Nigeria
Germany > Algeria
Netherlands > Mexico
Costa Rica > Greece
Argentina > Switzerland(they never defeated us in our history. Hopefully that may not change)
USA ??? Belgium
bmin11
Brazil > Chile Brazil is in their apparent bad form, but they are still fearful
Colombia > Uruguay Cavani needs to take the scoring role now if they want to win
France > Nigeria
Germany > Algeria
Netherlands > Mexico Mexico will have to show another match like vs Brazil
Costa Rica > Greece Despite Greece known for upsetting the favored side, we don't consider them to be the weaker side for no reason.
Switzerland < Argentina imo anything could happen, but I still favor Argentina
USA < Belgium Belgium is a disappointing team, but this is a disappointment towards a strong team.

EPL transfer news! United has signed Luke Shaw. Disappointed as I wished him to come to Chelsea, but oh well. He is gone now. I'm sure Chelsea would have gone for him if it wasn't for the FFP.
Kanye West

Tanzklaue wrote:

people who say that costa rica will lose to greece either don't know how terrible greece is or how good costa rica is atm.

costa rica beat uruguayand italy and drawed england. meanwhile greece barely squeezed through with their only win against the ivory coast (who are completely overrated btw) and a draw against japan.
I think Costa Rica, Germany, and France are the surest shoo-ins for quarterfinals. The rest look like they could go either way to varying degrees.
Tanzklaue
chile having way too much respect against brazil, also brazil knowing how far bad refereeing brought them and letting themselves go to the ground in spectacular fashion.
Kanye West
Chile with the equalizer though!

Actually I get annoyed every time the commentators say "chili" instead of "chile"
Vish024
That first half shows just how much Brazil could do with a proper number 9 instead of a portly man called "Fred" up front.
Mismagius
I'm ashamed of being Brazilian after seeing how we managed to not let Chile sing their national anthem entirely. Fucking stupid people think that they're the only country that has the rights to do that.
Vish024
That was quite unsavoury when the Chilean anthem was booed and whistled towards the end.

Nonetheless it's been a decent game so far, Hulk's disallowed goal will be a future point of debate. The players look thoroughly tired, it's gonna be difficult to struggle on in this heat.
MouseEasy
Oinari-sama
1st game in the knock out stage, 1st PK already
Vish024
Oh boy here we go. Cesar looks like he's about to have a stroke.
Hika

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Oh boy here we go. Cesar looks like he's about to have a stroke.
he's doing good though, gotta admit that
Vish024
Bloody hell. Brazil make it to the quarter finals again, haven't failed since 1990.

<Enzolp> los peores penales que vi en mi vida
izzydemon
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oinari-sama
This is too close for comfort from Brazil's point of view.

As for Chile... there will be a lot of pole bashing tonite =.=
Mismagius
SpeechClass
God Julio Cesar..
Tanzklaue
:(

so close chile...

good game, both teams were equals, and in the end the goal post and crossbar proved to be the best brazilians on the field.
Mikelicious
waaaaah so close ;_; gg to both teams, the match was great
hu3
Kanye West
The man of the match: Left goalpost.

That was a well fought game though. Chilean defense was amazing. Sad that it had to come down to that.
Tanzklaue
i think colombia will beat both uruguay and brazil, which is good for germany.

what is bad for germany is that we will lose against frnace. france will win the world cup. nobody on the other side of the bracket will win it.
Kanye West
Yeah it seems pretty certain that whoever wins Germany vs France will make it to the final. The other side is much less clear though. Netherlands, Mexico, Argentina, Costa Rica, and Switzerland could all make it there.
Tanzklaue
nope.

netherlands is 100% set to wreck their way to the finals, then crash painfully as reality catches up with them. they already thought they got the title after beating spain 1-5.
Cherry Blossom
omg James.
StayFab
brazil vs chile was such a great watch, excellent match.
Fabi
I had that feeling, that if Brazil vs Chile went to penalties, Brazil would win. SO MUCH PRESSURE IN EACH ONE OF THE SHOTS. Colombia vs Uruguay, nearly finishing, though I was pretty confident that Colombia would win. Uruguay doesn't know what to do without Suarez, they just try their luck with shots and rebounds.
I know Costa Rica is playing pretty good and Greece is just struggling hard, but I have this thing that the match will be a mess and Greece will take it.
I expect an easy match for Argentina, easier than the groups one just because I expect an open field and we will exploit it.
E14
Trash Boat
Esssa pls
Vish024
James Rodriguez what a goal, what an absolute pile driver. Fucking sign this cunt up Arsene, where's that accurate pie chart again. Pekerman, a naturalised Colombian, looked like Christmas had come early when they won. I sincerely hope they go all the way to the final, it'd be superb.

On a more serious note it seems that Colombians are celebrating too wildly, a young lady was killed "by a stray bullet" in Bogota after the win and 9 people apparently died when Colombia beat Greece in their opening match.
Tanzklaue
costa rica and the netherlands will roll over their opponents today.
Vish024
One would assume that but as they say anything can happen, the Mexicans will be used to the warmer weather in the afternoon so they may trouble the Dutch. Should be a good game nonetheless, expecting Costa Rica to have an easy ride in the other match though.
Cherry Blossom

E s s a wrote:

Not really, french people are a bit afraid of Nigeria.
Vish024
Stagnant game so far between NED-MEX, hope it opens up more in the second half.
Tanzklaue
i would have nothing against the game ending like this.
bmin11
Oh damn, are they doing this? lol
Tanzklaue
well, that's what you get for playing on time with only 1 goal advantage.
Vish024
Holy fucking Gullit hair this is proper world cup drama.

[EDIT]: Goals by the Dutch at 88' and 94', poor Mexico. Great match, well played both sides.
Mismagius
This cup is the best world cup ever. End of story. Ochoa was a god, but holy shit that 1-1 goal.
show more