forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
[- Alex -]

Fabi wrote:

MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI

Seems Legit.
Mikelicious

Fabi wrote:

MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI
Trash Boat
even if we won, that last comment from the DT made my brother facepalm
"With Messi, everything is possible"
bmin11
This is one WC I'm glad that I'm not betting with anyone.
Tanzklaue
this was embarassingly bad. this was the germany i was afraid would show up. nobody moves, everyone is lethargic, and critical errors happen all the fucking time. if it wasn't for the efforts of neuer, müller, schweinsteiger and klose we would've lost that game.

goetze, mustafi, lahm and hoewedes should be fucking ashamed after this showing. i don't want them to give any smug commentaries from this point on.
Laharl

Tanzklaue wrote:

goetze, mustafi, lahm and hoewedes should be fucking ashamed after this showing.
I agree with you in terms of Mustafi & Lahm, but Goetze & Hoewedes weren't even that bad. The former scored a goal, the latter prepared the second one.
Trash Boat
they were too Klose
xsrsbsns
dat neuer throw tho
Tanzklaue

Laharl wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

goetze, mustafi, lahm and hoewedes should be fucking ashamed after this showing.
I agree with you in terms of Mustafi & Lahm, but Goetze & Hoewedes weren't even that bad. The former scored a goal, the latter prepared the second one.
goetze did nothing, never ran when he should've ran, and the goal was pure luck.

and hoewedes did everything except defending properly. now we need to win against the USA to advance :/
Kanye West
The Neuer thing was hilarious though. Pretty funny when he was just like, fuck it, and kicked it anyway
Vish024
Oh bloody hell, my alarm went off for the GER-GHA game and I switched it off and slipped back into my slumber thinking "Nah I've been waking up too much recently, too tired today, give it a break, Germany should clean them up anyway". I could go on another rant about how timezones suck but fuck that. Guess I'll watch the replay later on in the day.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Oh bloody hell, my alarm went off for the GER-GHA game and I switched it off and slipped back into my slumber thinking "Nah I've been waking up too much recently, too tired today, give it a break, Germany should clean them up anyway". I could go on another rant about how timezones suck but fuck that. Guess I'll watch the replay later on in the day.
you don't need to. it was an awful game from both sides, with ghana playing the most boring defensive football imaginable snd germany played like spain aka really sloppily and bad..

really, the only part that wasn't a total bore was after the 70th minute.
Vish024
Just watched the full replay and I beg to differ, just because no goals were scored it doesn't mean that period of the game was automatically boring. Both teams showed ambition in the first half but the defenses displayed solidity and Ghana weren't playing defensively at all. Atsu and A. Ayew were being quite creative, Muntari had some good efforts saved by Neuer and Germany's full backs werel struggling to adapt to their game, probably why J. Boateng was brought off later on.

The issues with Germany are:

1) They're not playing natural full backs, Hoewedes and Boateng are centre backs and are used to playing there regularly for their clubs. They're struggling to get used to the pace and speed of playing at right and left back.

2) Gotze and Ozil are players of similar style, attacking-minded number 10s who are used to playing through the centre for club and country. Ozil isn't quick enough to play down the right side, he was constantly cutting in and running through the centre throughout the game. Gotze has speed but his crossing is poor, he doesn't seem to react quick enough to the opposition full backs.

3) Merte needs a defender who can cover him and he's used to that at Arsenal where Koscielny, a centre back with good pace, is able to compensate for his lack of speed and mobility. Hummels isn't used to providing coverage.

The solutions, in my opinion, are:

-Drop Merte and play Hoewedes instead alongside Hummels at centre back.
-Drop Boateng and play Großkreutz at right back. Großkreutz has always been a consistent performer for BVB in that position, I don't understand why Low refuses to play him.
-Now that Schweini is back play him as the holding midfielder alongside Kroos and let Lahm return to his natural left back position. Side note: Lahm is a proper engine, he's been Germany's best man so far. Always giving 100%, very consistent even when playing out of position. All round fantastic player, deserves a fucking statue in Munich.
-Play Ozil in front of Kroos and Schweini, he's more experienced than Gotze. Sub Gotze for Ozil if Ozil is slowing down later in the game.
-Play Muller out on the right, he has good technique, vision and adaptability. He'll make good runs and moves there.
-Play Poldi on the left, he's pacy, has a wicked cross and is capable of linking with the midfield well.
-Put Klose up front, he's a great poacher and a fantastic header of the ball and damn consistent for club and country. Let him chase that record as well.

Ideally:

-------------------------Neuer------------------
Großkreutz----Hummels---Hoewedes----Lahm
--------------Schweini---------Kroos--------------
---Muller----------------Ozil---------------Poldi---
-------------------------Klose----------------------
Cyclohexane
hi i heard we were a shit team :^)

I seriously think USA have a shot at their group btw, all they need is a win against a strong team yes, but I think they have the potential.
Vish024
Well it's a massive improvement from 2010, at least the squad and manager can sleep well without thinking of stabbing a knife into each other's necks.

USA should go through comfortably now, they have the advantage over Ghana and Portugal. Portugal isn't particularly strong, aside from Ronaldo they look a pretty average side.
SpeechClass
What the fuuuuuuuuuuu..
Korea Shooting:0
bmin11
Hey guys have you guys bought Papers Please from this steam sell yet I actually tried the game while on beta and it was pretty fun so I just bought it I might as well play it right now since I'm free of time all of a sudden k see you guys later bye

EDIT: ... I'll have my radio on atleast
Cherry Blossom
This game is funny ;)
bmin11
We just have to hope Belgium will give us an easy time
Vish024
Jermaine Jones what a strike, what an absolute piledriver, USA have played well this second half and now with this sort of momentum they could go the whole hog and take 3 points.
Glass
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Vish024
Dempsey's gonna have to do a shitty rap about this, holy fucking Benjamin Franklin these guys could even give Germany a good go after this. The number of people watching this in 'murrica has hit an all time record, highest viewing audience for the US national team in any sport.

[EDIT]: I don't believe this, you can't even write this shit. Good cross but what'shisname, fantastic header. 2-2 at FT. Great match.
Fabi
Bloody hell, USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Edit: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Tanzklaue
with this, a draw is enough for both the US and germany to advance. then again, the US is highly competitive and germany better not show up in bad form after the blamage against ghana.
Vish024

USA and Germany can simply draw to go through comfortably unless either wants to ensure 1st position in the group which would mean playing whoever's 2nd in group H, most likely Algeria. Ghana could sneak through if someone wins in USA-GER and with goal differences favouring them. Portugal would need a sheer miracle in terms of goal difference.
Kanye West
Pls be gentle, Germany-kun
JonnyThatJonny
We deserve to go out. Showed up in the world cup like a team of amateurs, horribly underprepared. Everyone is pretty much falling apart phisically. After our 1st goal everyone was playing like it was the 80th minute on the clock. And our manager kept the whole match seeing how we pretty much have no defense on the sides and just let the US have all their chances until they scored, no need to tell Veloso or Pereira to stay back, nah let those wingers through our area as much as they please.

With this defense Ghana's wingers will destroy us haha.
Trash Boat
Nigeria, here we come
Vish024
If you're attempting to destroy your already poor status amongst these forums you couldn't be doing a better job.

Anyway considering how Nigeria played against Bosnia, at least for most of the game, they could well upset this overhyped Argentina side. Emenike is just divine, he should be playing in a more high profile league like Germany, France or England.
Trash Boat
oh damn sorry for that typo. it was truly unintended. will fix
bmin11
The way this group stage is proceeding is amazing. All teams those were considered the underdog has either established a good lead to advance (Costa Rica, USA, Algeria etc) or showed they are no push-overs (Australia). Hell, I dare say even we are playing better then we expected. Contrarily and naturally, teams those were favored aren't doing as well as we expected. Again, I'm glad I'm not on a bet with anybody lol
Fabi
Yeah, also, this WC has been great so far. Only a few matches were "boring".
Hell
i heard people are murdered every year because of soccor rivalries
Vish024
Could everyone who has no interest and no knowledge whatsoever about football please not post in this thread and when putting on a tie attach the other end to a light fitting? Sincerely, a very bemused man.

Dutch delight in Sao Paolo but can they hold on until FT? How can the Dutch not play well with this marvelously attractive kit? Everyone wants that kit, even the Germans I'm sure would give it a try. It's superb.\

[EDIT]: DEPAAAAAAY. Why isn't this kid starting, start the lad Louis! He brings a new dimension to the team, plays an excellent support role out wide and up front. 2-0 Netherlands at FT, good luck in the next round to both them and Chile and er...nothing else to see here today, obviously.
Fabi
The game was so intense, overall a great game. Texas did a good job but the Nedetherlands played intelligently with counterattacks and winning in the air. Also, I didn't like the changes Sampaoli did.
DeathXHunter
That wasnt intense,at all.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Could everyone who has no interest and no knowledge whatsoever about football please not post in this thread and when putting on a tie attach the other end to a light fitting? Sincerely, a very bemused man.

Dutch delight in Sao Paolo but can they hold on until FT? How can the Dutch not play well with this marvelously attractive kit? Everyone wants that kit, even the Germans I'm sure would give it a try. It's superb.\

[EDIT]: DEPAAAAAAY. Why isn't this kid starting, start the lad Louis! He brings a new dimension to the team, plays an excellent support role out wide and up front. 2-0 Netherlands at FT, good luck in the next round to both them and Chile and er...nothing else to see here today, obviously.
we germans are very happy with what we have, it just doesn't work sometimes.

as does the dutch team.
bmin11
Ofcourse Torres scores the most irrelevant goal, but also his last WC goal of his career
Vish024
*grumble**grumble*

I have to say though it was a valiant effort from us, everyone fully expected us to get run over but we played hard and most importantly attacked instead of settling back. I suppose that's something I like about Ange.
Fabi

A1. Brazil
A2. Mexico
show more