forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vish024
Belgium are just a team of individuals by the looks of it, they're all fantastic players they just don't seem to have any cohesion whatsoever. They'll get trampled at this rate against anyone outside their group.

Not expecting anything to go in our favour against the Oranje this evening, we'll give it our best shot all the same.
Oinari-sama
Australia vs Netherlands tonight. Hooboy...
SpeechClass

E s s a wrote:

ah you don't say...

He is our Hero...
Vish024
Ochoa has become everyone's new favourite thing on the interwebs now, particularly on twitter.

This guy is a free agent, and we at Arsenal need a GK with Fabianski having left for Swansea. PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER GAZIDIS.
Mikelicious
lmao
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Ochoa has become everyone's new favourite thing on the interwebs now, particularly on twitter.

This guy is a free agent, and we at Arsenal need a GK with Fabianski having left for Swansea. PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER GAZIDIS.
i seriously fucking hope that the guy gets picked up by a big club. a showing like this warrants it.
Kanye West
My god that was an insane goal by Australia.
Vish024
What happened to the Dutch in the first half? I can understand letting us have the ball in order to counter, as they did for the first goal, but they seemed completely out of character.

That goal by Cahill will be immortalised regardless of the result, what an effort on his weaker foot.
fartownik

Kanye West wrote:

My god that was an insane goal by Australia.

80/10
Vish024
PenaltyANHAWP
NHO'KLGNELHNEILHNELHNILNHDLHJEDINAKOHKOLHOTLTOLDIOSDISGRUO[A3KWU47W89

Someone had better silence me before I completely lose my wits. C'MON AUSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Tanzklaue
so my dad was 100% right with his assumption that the netherlands won't keep up after the 5-1 win over spain.

probably a lot of taking the opponent not serious. 2-1 australia, and australia plays leagues above the netherlands.

gladi's reaction will be fun.
bmin11
I swear to god if they win this match looool EDIT: too soon
Vish024
Hmmph. van Traitor strikes again. This is a pulsating game, bloody hell.
Tanzklaue
:(

netherlands so mean.
bmin11
So mean
GladiOol
Match went as expected for me. The Defense is shit. But Australia didn't play well either, it's just that NL played like shit that they were able to get the goals. Next to that, the penalty was disgusting. He was just looking for it, shot the ball in blindness and touchéd the wrist of Janmaat. Not cool. Next to that, a whole whole whole lot of 50/50 decisions went in favor of Australia. Again, uncool. That lakey? lackey? should've gotten yellow for his dive as well.

Our man of the match was Nigel de Jong, that's when you know you played a bad match. Thank god for Depay with his assist and goal. Great player. I fucking love that guy.

edit: yeah, a bit harsh. Autralia played good, I'm going to admit that, but they simply lack quality to get further. Ref still didn't do it well if you ask me. Too many decisions went in favor of Australia.
Vish024
Oh come off it man, your lot didn't play at their best but you can't deny that we were great. We made the most of their shortcomings and played some honourable football. To say we didn't play well is downright daft and frankly unsportsmanlike. The penalty was a blatant handball, it's not your usual deflection off the elbow or arm; it was right on his hand and that effectively means a penalty regardless of his intention. Leckie should've gotten a yellow? What about Robben throwing himself to the ground on the other side of the pitch? Open your eyes, just because the bigger side who are clear favourites don't get the favouritism of the ref apparently he's completely biased towards the other team. Utter horse bollocks.

That aside, it was a great game to watch and enjoy. The Dutch looked more like a team of stars than anything else, they need to focus on functioning as a unit instead of relying on pure brilliance from their top players to carry them through. gg and g'night.
Mismagius
Just got out of the stadium. Everything was fucking amazing.
Cherry Blossom
I hope Spain will lose.
GladiOol

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Oh come off it man, your lot didn't play at their best but you can't deny that we were great.
Read the edit. First emotional post, I'm sure you can understand. I could've just erased it all but I decided to keep it.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

We made the most of their shortcomings and played some honourable football.
Honourable? You can't use that word simply because you played a decent to good match. Cahill was disgusting with his two fouls on Martins Indi. The poor lad is in the hospital now with a concussion. Before that he blatantly stepped on his achilles heel as well. That's not honourable. His goal was of world class, nobody can deny that. I myself cheered to that goal. But the fouls were disgusting.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

The penalty was a blatant handball, it's not your usual deflection off the elbow or arm; it was right on his hand and that effectively means a penalty regardless of his intention.
Yes it was a handball. But he completely searched for it. He almost crossed the backline, that's how long he took with his weird shot from an impossible angle. He got completely lucky and hit a wrist. It's what he looked for. That's, again, not honourable play. I don't want to sound like a cunt towards Australia, they played well, but not honourable. Same deal with the Pepe 'headbutt' on müller. Müller needs to stop being a little bitch. Seconds before the incident, he got a pinky finger in his face and cried like his skull just got bashed in. No wonder Pepe went towards him. Sure, what Pepe did was wrong, but so was that what Müller did. It's disgusting to cry murder and blood if a pinky hits you. And yes that counts for every side, so going in and saying ''YES BUT THE OTHER TEAM'' is irrelevant and next to that a fallacy.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Open your eyes, just because the bigger side who are clear favourites don't get the favouritism of the ref apparently he's completely biased towards the other team. Utter horse bollocks.
I never said he's completely biased. Open your eyes as well mate. I said the 50/50 decisions mostely went in favor of Australia. That's not something to argue about, it's a cold truth. A lot of the 'well you could blow the whistle for this' moments went in favor of Australia. If NL got 'm, ref would either play on or even give the free kick to Australia. It became enervating to watch. A lot of the comments on main news sites/twitter etc. are not about the ref being bad, but about the ref simply not being fair in the small decisions. Inconcistency brings annoyance.
Mikelicious
1-0 quien te conoce España
Cherry Blossom
Ramos was too late, he may be exhausted because of his season with Madrid.
Tanzklaue
bye bye spain
JonnyThatJonny
Oh Spain...

I just hope we don't follow their steps like on the 1st fixture.
Glass
rip in peace spain

even straya put up more of a fight against chile than spain
Cherry Blossom

Tanzklaue wrote:

bye bye spain

/me is dancing \o\ /o/
Nyukai
I knew it. Spain is not like in 2010.
bmin11
Now it's just a matter of who comes out first and second
Tanzklaue
so one of the opponents germany shits their pants before is out now.

if only england had won against italy :/
Mismagius
everything is going exactly like how I wanted it to be

EXCEPT URUGUAY, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOSE AGAINST COSTA RICA ;_;
JonnyThatJonny
Finally, after 2 consecutive competitions, it won't be Spain's fault we get eliminated.
MouseEasy
haha spain eliminated
JonnyThatJonny
Cameroon must be the worst team this world cup, completely lost since the 1st match. Now Song getting himself sent off, cmon at least Pepe held himself back on his headbutt, Song just hit a guy for no reason hahaha
Tanzklaue

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Cameroon must be the worst team this world cup, completely lost since the 1st match. Now Song getting himself sent off, cmon at least Pepe held himself back on his headbutt, Song just hit a guy for no reason hahaha
wouldn#t have thought that anyone could top pepe in stupidity, but then song happened!
Kanye West
Seems to be some kind of curse that the previous World Cup winner gets eliminated in groups.
SpeechClass
There is Why World cup is exciting
In World cup appears everything
E14

Portugal still on the run.....
Fabi
Vish024
Now if Song was still at Arsenal...ah never mind who cares. Good for him.

URU-ENG is the game of the day surely, though COL-CIV comes close. Should be an enthralling game, C'MON THREE LIONS.
Mismagius
Colombia/Cote d'Ivoire being a terribly boring game tho :c

lol
show more