forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
clearly my pessimism was unwarranted.

portugal needing fouls to stop the german offensive machinery, resulting in a penalty and a red card.

pepe is such an idiot btw. the provocation was unneeded and it cost his team dearly. at this point, it's only about keeping the damage low for portugal.

tl;dr rekt
Magicphoenix
Game in a nutshell: Portugal is gifting us a win
+ germany op
Tanzklaue

Magicphoenix wrote:

+ germany op
it's not them gifting the win to us. it's them being unable to stop us on normal ways so they do stupid shit.

also pepe totally wants us to win. such a stupid red card to get.
Glass
lmao wtf was that shit pepe

do that in your own free time bro

so desperate and physical, inb4 more bookings
Magicphoenix

Tanzklaue wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

+ germany op
it's not them gifting the win to us. it's them being unable to stop us on normal ways so they do stupid shit.

also pepe totally wants us to win. such a stupid red card to get.
u just said the same thing in another writing
BrokenArrow
Germany is so far ahead by now, with that kind of team comp there is no way Portugal can come back. Germany is just snowballing out of control
Teams should learn to ban Müller against Germany, it's basically free elo as long as Fifa doesn't do anything about him.
Vish024
A man down and 3-0 down at half time, I can't think of a worse situation to be in. Germany's machine is simply too much for them. Pepe has always been a complete nutter so that sending off was hardly a surprise to me.
SpeechClass
Ger 3-0 Por

Good night I have to wake up early
Thank you Germany and pepe
Vish024
I was considering returning to sleep as well but now that I've been awake for this much of the game I might as well stick around to see Portugal get trounced in the second half.
bmin11
I fucking missed this match. I'll see you guys in my next life.
Tanzklaue
so my personal favourites for the tournament are england, italy, netherlands and germany. all of them had really strong showings. count france in too, though honduras isn't the same level as the opponents the others faced.

spain, argentina and brasil all showed poor games despite argentina and brasil winning their games. uruguay also disappointing.
Trash Boat
shut up
SpeechClass
Germany play like barcelona
Glass
This game couldn't be any worse for Portugal

>Pepe chimps out and get a red card
>3-0 by half time
>Ronaldo invisible the whole game
>Nani bumps into his own teammate when he's got a good angle for a shot
>Coentrao stretches a string and is sent out
Mikelicious
4-0
SpeechClass
muller gets Hat-trick
Glass
it's ogre

edit: amazing free-kick by cr7 http://puu.sh/9wils/afef2552ff.webm
Tanzklaue
we lost mat hummels :(
Vish024
A triumph for North-Central Europe over the Iberian peninsula this week, der Kanzler will be pleased.

That's more than can be said for any Australian with our meeting with the Dutch coming up in a few days.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

A triumph for North-Central Europe over the Iberian peninsula this week, der Kanzler will be pleased.

That's more than can be said for any Australian with our meeting with the Dutch coming up in a few days.
Die Kanzlerin*

also Mueller or Neuer better win the next footballer of the year. such monsters.
Glass
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
JonnyThatJonny
I had to cool off for a while, angry at everything haha. I was pissed at the ref a lot during the match but heh, both decisions were acceptable. I think this was the worst Portugal match from ever since I can remember, also our biggest defeat in world cups ever. We were horrible with no exceptions, it was also extremely frustrating how Germany didn't even play that much, they just did their job and without barely trying they were 3 up.

This isn't the level I'm used to seeing from my country, ugh. The post-match interviews also put my hopes even lower, all our coach did was blame the ref and how "adversities" ruined the match, and that he'll keep the same team 'till the end. UUUGH
Fabi
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

JonnyThatJonny
I start to fear the US will kick our asses next sunday haha. They look like a pretty good side, shame about Altidore, off just now and likely out of the rest of the tournament.
Tanzklaue

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

I had to cool off for a while, angry at everything haha. I was pissed at the ref a lot during the match but heh, both decisions were acceptable. I think this was the worst Portugal match from ever since I can remember, also our biggest defeat in world cups ever. We were horrible with no exceptions, it was also extremely frustrating how Germany didn't even play that much, they just did their job and without barely trying they were 3 up.

This isn't the level I'm used to seeing from my country, ugh. The post-match interviews also put my hopes even lower, all our coach did was blame the ref and how "adversities" ruined the match, and that he'll keep the same team 'till the end. UUUGH
the sad thing was that the referee was right 95% of the time. germany just was far superior in every regard so portugal had to play dirty.

also i would boot pepe for the rest of the tourney if i was bento. most unnecessary red card i've seen in my life.
Kanye West
I think we're going to lose this game though. I'm having serious doubts about the Portugal game too, without Altidore. And forget Germany lol.
Tanzklaue

Kanye West wrote:

I think we're going to lose this game though. I'm having serious doubts about the Portugal game too, without Altidore. And forget Germany lol.
jonny is overreacting, i think that portugal should be able to beat the US.

though with 3 players out that could be hard.

in other related news, hummels will be fit for next game. hooray!

in other unrelated news, michael schumacher is awake and okay. hooray again!
Vish024
Nice to see Schuma back.

That Ghana equaliser was superb, woke up only a few mins ago to see it.

[EDIT]: Bloody hell looks like a winner at the death from USA!

[EDIT]:

Glass wrote:

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
I think I'm catching onto this illness.
Mikelicious
USA USA USA
TEI TEI TEI
JonnyThatJonny
Great end to that match, glad teams aren't setling for draws this WC. Unless you're Iran or Nigeria that is.
SpeechClass

Kanye West wrote:

but portugal lose 2 defenders and forward..
I think there is chance beat portugal
good luck to US

But we meet russia and fabio cafello
hu..;_;
Cherry Blossom
I bet Algeria wins against Belgium o/
SpeechClass
I fear for waiting match Korea vs Russia..
[- Alex -]

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I bet Belgium wins agains Algeria . Easy 2-0 .
SpeechClass

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I bet
Belgium 3 - 0 Algeria
Korea 2 - 1 Russia

good luck
[- Alex -]

SpeechClass wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I bet
Belgium 3 - 0 Algeria
Korea 2 - 1 Russia

good luck
I don't think Korea can win vs Russia ..... But is football , anything can happen.
SpeechClass

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

I don't think Korea can win vs Russia ..... But is football , anything can happen.
me too..
but I think everybody bet Russia wins against Korea
If Korea wins, I get more money than bet Russia wins against Korea
Cherry Blossom
Algeria has a good team, don't underestimate them o/
SpeechClass
I think our key plaver is Lee keun-ho
he is hard working midfielder, forward
Fabi
Russia cannot even win itself. Korea is probably going #1 in the group, even though both of them are just bad compared to others #1.
show more