forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vish024
Excellent match, well played by both sides. I still think England deserved a penalty on one of two occasions but nothing can be done now. All to play for against Uruguay, who would've thought Costa Rica would be at the top of the group at this stage.
bmin11
It was an exciting match to watch nonetheless
Mismagius
OnosakiHito
Well done referees. This time.
SpeechClass
Japan 1:0 Cote d'Ivoire
Drogba ;_;
Vish024
Bloody hell what a turnaround, good to see Serge Aurier getting those assists. This man is Sagna's successor, Wenger has outdone himself yet again.
bmin11
May the grace of the Lord Didier Drogba be with you all
SpeechClass
Cote d'Ivoire play good physical playing
Japan players are too small...
Kanye West
Honda is still my favorite.
Snepif

Blue Dragon wrote:

Seriously, Uruguay...

RIP maracanazzo 2.0
;_;
burningapple
I'm losing so many bets.
SpeechClass
I think Kagawa, Hasebe, Osako are poor condition
Vish024

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Super Mario Balotelli was there.
Now waiting for France today at 9pm o/
Apparently a drone was around during France's training session and Deschamps has probably been spending too much time on the internet because he thinks it was a ploy to spy on his team, cue more conspiracy theories.

No stupid vuvuzelas, no shitty jabu...loolajoo, this world cup has been thoroughly entertaining so far. Only issue has been the dodgy refereeing but then again the refs have to stay in character amirite?.
Cherry Blossom
awh D: i didnt know that lol.
SpeechClass
kirueggy

burningapple wrote:

I'm losing so many bets.
i owe someone $20

thanks ivory coast
Trauter

kirukashi wrote:

burningapple wrote:

I'm losing so many bets.
i owe someone $20

thanks ivory coast
Pfff...
20$
I owe my friend 60$
Varetyr
26 mins of France - Honduras

so far, it's probably the dirtiest match I've seen in that World Cup
wtf
Fabi
It sure is, a lot of fault has been done and yet to come.
Cherry Blossom
Glad to see France won 3-0.
It is a good beginning !

First time i see that Goal-line technology is useful lol.
Just want to say that people are talking about Pogba and Benzema, but Griezmann and Valbuena deserve more attention, they are really good.
Mikelicious
Finally Argentina is playing, 1-0 in the first 5 mins so far
vamos Argentina carajo
Vish024
Bosnia have created better chances in the half. I suspect they'll score after the half time break with fresh legs and a good chat about what to change in their game.

[EDIT]: ARG 2-1 BIH after 87 mins, it'd be awesome if Bosnia equalise.

[EDIT]: Never mind, well played by both sides. Good effort by Bosnia, congrats Arg.
Fabi
Argentina played like shit. I don't know why he keeps going with a 5 man def strat sacrificing the synergy of mid field with Aguero and Messi. In the second half Argentina was just better with Gago and Higuain making plays. But well, Argentina is not Argentina if it doesn't struggle.
Vish024
The problem lies in the lack of wingers, only di Maria looks like a winger and even then he plays through the center quite often. Due to the lack of players who are capable of playing out wide Sabella chooses to go 5-3-2 with 2 wing backs who can provide support on the wings when attacking and drop back to support the defence when needed.
Trash Boat
i may sound like a noob but why they didn't go through the spaces between players? there were many chances
Vish024
GER-POR should be a cracker, fully expecting Die Mannschaft to take 3 points I think Portugal's side relies too heavily on a certain Ronaldo and lacks quality elsewhere.
JonnyThatJonny
I think us getting far (or not) this world cup depends on the rest of our attack, which is the same to say crossing fingers that Nani will be half-good after a completely useless season, or if the both average H.Almeida or Postiga actually contribute anything. It's a sure bet Ronaldo will be heavily marked on all of our matches, there will be spaces left open for others.

Still I'm fairly confident, our team usually does well on these competitions, whatever the result this match. I'd be okay with a draw since the germans always beat us.
Magicphoenix
I've got the feeling Ger-Por is the most played matchup ever these last 8 years
Tanzklaue
if we beat portugal convincingly i think we will get far.

if not then we will at most reach the ro16.
Magicphoenix

Tanzklaue wrote:

if we beat portugal convincingly i think we will get far.

if not then we will at most reach the ro16.
that does not add up
Tanzklaue
well in my eyes getting out of group stage and getting booted in the ro16 isn't getting far.
Tanzklaue
i predict a 2-1 victory for germany. i'm way too pessimistic to trust germany to do better than that.
SpeechClass
G group big match start!!
Tanzklaue
clearly my pessimism was unwarranted.

portugal needing fouls to stop the german offensive machinery, resulting in a penalty and a red card.

pepe is such an idiot btw. the provocation was unneeded and it cost his team dearly. at this point, it's only about keeping the damage low for portugal.

tl;dr rekt
Magicphoenix
Game in a nutshell: Portugal is gifting us a win
+ germany op
Tanzklaue

Magicphoenix wrote:

+ germany op
it's not them gifting the win to us. it's them being unable to stop us on normal ways so they do stupid shit.

also pepe totally wants us to win. such a stupid red card to get.
Glass
lmao wtf was that shit pepe

do that in your own free time bro

so desperate and physical, inb4 more bookings
Magicphoenix

Tanzklaue wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

+ germany op
it's not them gifting the win to us. it's them being unable to stop us on normal ways so they do stupid shit.

also pepe totally wants us to win. such a stupid red card to get.
u just said the same thing in another writing
BrokenArrow
Germany is so far ahead by now, with that kind of team comp there is no way Portugal can come back. Germany is just snowballing out of control
Teams should learn to ban Müller against Germany, it's basically free elo as long as Fifa doesn't do anything about him.
Vish024
A man down and 3-0 down at half time, I can't think of a worse situation to be in. Germany's machine is simply too much for them. Pepe has always been a complete nutter so that sending off was hardly a surprise to me.
show more