forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
GladiOol

kriers wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

eriksen to spurs is official, today is a sad day.
I hear a lot of people saying Eriksen is overrated, doesn't play well in important matches and will be a huge flop in PL.

GladiOol wrote:

163 matches for Ajax and 37 matches for the national team at 21 years old. Imo this is more than enough to tell you that he's good. Was named 3rd best player of the season 2 years ago and second best last year, behind the beast Wilfried Bony.

But yea, he has good pace, amazing free kicks, great corners, great shooting, especially when done low in the corners, insane passing, insane dribbling, he really is a fantastic player.
I told you Eriksen would be good? ;)

Bony scoring 24 goals in his first season as well. I can still see him grow to become a second Drogba.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

i honestly have a very pessimistic outlook for the world cup. many of our players are out of form or came back from injury. i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't enough for the playoffs.
Are you kidding me? Have you seen your team? It's ruddy marvelous. I don't think there's a squad better than that on paper in international football.
we were the best team on paper in 2010 and 2012 aswell. didn't help us much against spain now did it?

we also played bad the entirety of last year. i am really unconvinced by the team, the games are uninspiring and we play clunky and errorridden football. nothing resembling our simple outplaying of other top 10 teams we did in 2010 and 2012.
bmin11

kriers wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

eriksen to spurs is official, today is a sad day.
I hear a lot of people saying Eriksen is overrated, doesn't play well in important matches and will be a huge flop in PL.

GladiOol wrote:

163 matches for Ajax and 37 matches for the national team at 21 years old. Imo this is more than enough to tell you that he's good. Was named 3rd best player of the season 2 years ago and second best last year, behind the beast Wilfried Bony.

But yea, he has good pace, amazing free kicks, great corners, great shooting, especially when done low in the corners, insane passing, insane dribbling, he really is a fantastic player.

bmin11 wrote:

Spurs are probably going to respond "Don't care still got Eriksen" lol
Adding on to that
Vish024
Italy provisional squad announced, it's scary. Dutch squad announced, not as scary. Tevez not included in Argentina squad despite knocking in 19 goals in Serie A this season.

Seriously though Italy will be a force this time I reckon. Rescue some pride for Italian football.

Italy provisional squad
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris St Germain), Mattia Perin (Genoa).

Defenders: Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorigo Chiellini (all Juventus), Gabriel Paletta (Parma), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan), Ignazio Abate, Mattia De Sciglio (both AC Milan), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina).

Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio (both Juventus), Thiago Motta, Marco Verratti (both Paris St Germain), Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Marco Parolo (Parma), Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Romulo (Verona).

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (AC Milan), Antonio Cassano (Parma), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Ciro Immobile (Torino), Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina), Mattia Destro (AS Roma), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli).

Even cutting 7 people from this squad would be difficult but I suspect they'll be Paletta, Ranocchia, Darmian, Motta, Parolo, Romulo and Cerci.

Deschamps has left out Clichy and Nasri which fills me with a warm feeling inside. Otherwise the squad looks more formidable than last time, let's hope we see similar drama.

France squad
Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Mickael Landreau (Bastia).

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle), Lucas Digne (Paris St-Germain) Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny, Bacary Sagna (both Arsenal), Eliaquim Mangala (Porto), Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye, Blaise Matuidi (both Paris St-Germain), Clement Grenier (Lyon), Rio Mavuba (Lille), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).

Forwards: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal), Antoine Griezmann (Real Sociedad), Loic Remy (QPR - on loan at Newcastle), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Stephane Ruffier (Monaco).

Standby: Loic Perrin (St Etienne), Maxime Gonalons, Alexandre Lacazette (both Lyon), Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton), Benoit Tremoulinas (Dynamo Kiev), Remy Cabella (Montpellier)
GladiOol
Don't underestimate the dutch squad! We have .... well we have nothing. We have Robben I guess. And an injured Van Persie?

Atleast we can't really be disappointed if we lose a match, for it's obvious that we will. Spain is going to win the cup anyway.
Tanzklaue
we palyed 0:0 in an uninspired game against poland.

12 new guys and not a single one played well. i really don't think that germany stands the lick of a chance against italy, spain, argentina and brazil.
Binoo-
Not too sure about this rumor but I hear that Nasri was left out of the squad because Sagna, Koscielny, Giroud, and Valbuena asked Deschamps to remove him from the squad.
If this is true it would be hilarious.
Also what the hell did Nasri do to Valbuena?
Vish024
Valbuena has spent most of his career at OM where Nasri began, they probably had a row of some sort.

Also his girlfriend's rant made my day, she seems to be more annoyed about his exclusion than Nasri himself. Seriously though imagine how shallow and naive you'd have to be to be Nasri's partner. It's disturbing.

Also Silvain Distin taking the piss by announcing his imminent retirement from international football after no caps.
Tanzklaue
germany lacks front players. we only really have klose who could be considered in form and ready for the world cup.

oh well, you know what's fun? fürth vs hamburg. best offense of league 2 vs worst defense of league 1. the first game went 0-0, and now hamburg has to win in fürth.

hamburg is utterly fucked. they are atrocious outside of hamburg.
Magicphoenix

Tanzklaue wrote:

germany lacks front players. we only really have klose who could be considered in form and ready for the world cup.
Germany is basically screwed this year... really no front at all. Maybe a false 9 with Götze/Müller*(edit) but that's it. I hope Klose does his job incredibly good or this year is going to be disappointing.
Tanzklaue

Magicphoenix wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Germany is basically screwed this year... really no front at all. Maybe a false 9 with Götze/Klose but that's it. I hope Klose does his job incredibly good or this year is going to be disappointing.
klose always played his best in world and euro cups. i am sure he will do splendid, especially since this seems to be the last worldcup he will attend.

but germany seriously needs new front players. podolski wasn't good in years, kießling is eh, and gomez is literally only good at being shot at and directing the ball towards the goal.

volland is an alternative, but i think he needs additional growing. we should take him to the world cup though so he can get the growth he needs.
E14

oh HSV please!!!!!!!! D:
Vish024
Cup final day and the entire fanbase is nervous.
KinkiN
Arsenal win the FA cup

Arsenal 3 - 2 Hull City

still gg Hull City! :D
Vish024
SGUO]RHEOGHE]SGJSEP]GEJS. I don't think I've been through so much stress in m'life, bloody hell. Bad luck Hull, they played well and gave it their all but thank the powers that be for this glorious victory and above all thank you Aaron Ramsey for existing, for choosing us, for bringing belief, pride and willpower to this team. LONG LIVE AARON AND LONG LIVE ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB.
KinkiN
they got so much pressure after arsenal scored their 3rd goal
bmin11
RIP no-trophy jokes
Vish024
Wenger looks like Christmas is coming early, Verma can't believe he has to lift it despite not playing a minute, Jack looks mildly pleased as if he expected this all along, Ramsey has a Welsh flag tied around his legs like a toga and Sagna looks like Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon uttering that timeless "I'm too old for this shit" line in his head.

I think it's time I sleep before the excitement gives me a heart attack, but I should remember to craft an Aaron Ramsey dakimakura.
KinkiN
but seriously, that guy from hull named Pluto iirc (not good with hull & names) plays quite well

created 2 big chances in the last 10 minutes, but yeah he's having a bad luck and a bad day
Vish024
I want to bed Ramsey. I want his lovely genita- alright time I go to sleep. Utterly delirious.

Not to mention congrats to Atleti for pulling the draw at the Camp Nou and taking away a well deserved Spanish league title.
Binoo-
I still can't believe Arsenal won a trophy. I'm over the moon.
bmin11

I've never seen him so happy like this lol
KinkiN

bmin11 wrote:

I've never seen him so happy like this lol
God where's his tie

raep
Tanzklaue
bayern won the tDFB pokal in one borin ass final.
JonnyThatJonny

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Not to mention congrats to Atleti for pulling the draw at the Camp Nou and taking away a well deserved Spanish league title.
With 2 of their best players out injured on the first 20 minutes and losing at half time, nothing seems to break this season's Atleti.
neonat

Yuzuru wrote:

but seriously, that guy from hull named Pluto iirc (not good with hull & names) plays quite well

created 2 big chances in the last 10 minutes, but yeah he's having a bad luck and a bad day
Aluko, the sub that almost saved Hull lol
[- Alex -]
Tanzklaue
http://www.davidmoyesfootballgenius.co.uk/
this looks an awful lot like that one season where bayern only qualified for the UEFA cup.

that was what 4 years ago now they are probably the best team on the planet.

like what do you care you're still one of the best teams on the planet and will probably recover next year.
[- Alex -]

Tanzklaue wrote:

this looks an awful lot like that one season where bayern only qualified for the UEFA cup.

like what do you care you're still one of the best teams on the planet and will probably recover next year.
Yeah maybe. But Real Madrid destroy them in Champions League.
Vish024
Funnily enough I laughed hardest at this.

Tanzklaue

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Yeah maybe. But Real Madrid destroy them in Champions League.
they did this year.

last year? probably not. also the way bayern dominated EVERYONE until they had the german championship was scary.

they collapsed after that though.
[- Alex -]

Tanzklaue wrote:

they did this year.

last year? probably not. also the way bayern dominated EVERYONE until they had the german championship was scary.

they collapsed after that though.
You are right . I was like sure Bayerd will win all this year... Maybe next year , they got like the best team.
Vish024
Post-season transfer rumours are already in full swing, we're linked with Loic Remy, loosely with Javi Martinez, Karim Benzema (is there a single summer transfer window when we aren't supposedly interested in him) and strangely James Milner.

I think with just one techinal based forward up front the team would be complete. Remy would be excellent, Benzema would be superb, not too interested in the others.

Also HSV remain in the Bundesliga and remain the only team to not be relegated since its inception in 1963, so la-di-da congrats to them.
bmin11
I didn't even know this existed. I, for one, welcome our new joke
Vish024
The best one will always be this, been around for over 10 years now I think.

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Culann Davies with a fantastic compilation of all our goals this season.

GladiOol
https://www.bsports.com/power50-list#.U3zKmPl_uls

Strootman #5. No wonder Van Gaal wants to take him to Manchester United.
Vish024
Yaya Toure complaining about not getting birthday wishes from the City top brass. Balotelli racially abused at Italy's headquarters in Florence. Jose Enrique enters the Barca managerial role, good luck to him. Seems like Fabregas will be sold this summer by Barca, seeing all sorts of reports and rumours that he may go to United or us. Apparently we have 100m quid to blow this summer so let's make the most of it instead of rushing a few transfers at the very last minute.

Looking forward to the Champions League final this weekend, AUPA ATLETI.
bmin11

GladiOol wrote:

https://www.bsports.com/power50-list#.U3zKmPl_uls

Strootman #5. No wonder Van Gaal wants to take him to Manchester United.
Do we still have a chance to have him? I mean, I think I asked first, right...?

I think most would agree that Yaya Toure is pulling some kind of prank. I can't take it seriously lol

I don't think I'll be rooting for any team for the Champions League final. I have a reason to root for both teams, so it's hard to take a side orz
Binoo-
David Moyes is accused of assulting a man at a bar. It's strange because attacking isn't part of his philosophy.
Vish024
Poor Moysie, what's he gotten himself into now.

In other news Rooney needs a psychiatrist, I don't care how the muppet gets himself going for the world cup as long as he performs to his potential as everyone knows he bloody can, the guy who injured Suarez has received death threats, L'Equipe and a few other sources claim that Sagna has already agreed to join City and apparently Celtic could hand their managerial role to club legend Henrik Larsson after Neil Lennon's resignation. I'd love to see Neil in the Prem.
show more