forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
kriers
I felt a surge of emotion just like Steven Gerrard at the match whistle. I don't think I've ever screamed so much during a game ever before.
Tanzklaue
i scream every match.

but that's just because stuttgart is terrible and you will find yourself screaming helplessly at all the stupid shit happening.
GladiOol
he does it so casually, i love it.

Doomsday
So I went to a wolves game yesterday, thought it'd be an innocent day out, see a couple of goals, and have a laugh

What actually happened was this

OnosakiHito
Woah. And all the people at the end.
JonnyThatJonny

Doomsday wrote:

So I went to a wolves game yesterday, thought it'd be an innocent day out, see a couple of goals, and have a laugh

What actually happened was this

Awesome, really want to attend an english league match someday. Hell like the video shows, even if it's not the Premier, Championship or League 1 matches pack a great atmosphere.
bmin11
Today is the saddest day of this season
Vish024
Good to see Liverpool win, meanwhile we're 2-0 up at Hull at half time. Not saying a word more than this until full time.
iderekmc
usain bale
Tanzklaue
we lead 1:0 against schalke.

if we win today we are basically through except if we lose all our games and the guys on 16-18 win all at least 2-3 (66%-100%) of their remaining games.

EDIT: 2:0! cacau!

EDIT": §:=!!! HARNIK!

EDIT3: we won 3:1. if things don't go terribly wrong, thenwe will stay in the bundesliga.
Vish024
Turns out we're brilliant with Ramsey and Ozil in the center, I think this is what we've missed in the last few months.
Binoo-

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Turns out we're brilliant with Ramsey and Ozil in the center, I think this is what we've missed in the last few months.
The thing about Arsenal currently is that we don't have many "dynamic" players, ie people who run into the box and actually pounce on attacking chances. Without Walcott and Ramsey we really can't score for shit.
Good thing we have one of them back for the scrape for top 4 :D
Vish024
All we need as far as I'm concerned is someone to support the main striker. People are acting as if Giroud is Zlatan, he's not a man that can roam the width of the pitch and create magic, he's basically a guy who pounces on chances in the center. He needs someone to support him up front, sitting just behind him in a Bergkamp-esque fashion. Danny Welbeck is apparently considering to leave Old Trafford, I thiknk we should pounce on him before some scum like Sp*rs snatch him. With some adjustments I think he'd slot in fairly well up front, his technique is alright, has a decent eye for goal and is more than capable of finding space, creating space and threading the ball amongst his teammates. He'd be ideal cover and support for Giroud and I doubt he'd be too expensive.
iderekmc
who do u think will win champions league?
GladiOol
I'm just going to forget the cup final the happened yesterday. It was more of a massacre than a cup final. (ajax lost 5-1, could've/should've been 9 or 10-1). Such a shame, because the 0-1 was absolutely sexy. World class goal.

But yeah, the eredivisie is dead. Every match is a coin flip basically. I'm purely sticking to ajax and mainstream premier league next year I think. Even though the eredivisie is fun as fuck, trying to watch it with a tad of seriousness is impossible. Losing 5-1 is bad. Losing 5-1 against PEC Zwolle is terrible. Losing 5-1 in the final as ajax, priceless.
Binoo-
The only way for Giroud to be supported by another striker is if Wenger switches back to his two striker system, which we all know is probably not going to happen. Honestly, I think the problem lies in Giroud's inherent ability. He misses far too many open headers and isn't clinical enough.
JonnyThatJonny

iderekmc wrote:

Bayern. Would be boring as hell to see the same club win it twice but it's the most likely thing to happen. Still it's the CL semis so any of the 4 teams have a decent shot.
Vish024
Moysie sacked and sibling wife-stealer Giggsy to take over as player coach, well well.

Binoo- wrote:

The only way for Giroud to be supported by another striker is if Wenger switches back to his two striker system, which we all know is probably not going to happen. Honestly, I think the problem lies in Giroud's inherent ability. He misses far too many open headers and isn't clinical enough.
There's a lot of debate over the two striker system, particularly 4-4-2. The criticism it faces is that a flat 4 man midfield can be sliced apart by formations containing 2 or more midfield lines/layers and that we have too many players that are geared toward playing in the center including Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini and Arteta. Giroud isn't very clinical but with someone supporting him he'd have to run less, running more and covering the width of the pitch is not his thing, and he'd be able to work on his finishing up front as opposed to constantly playing with his back to the opposition goal and occasionally winning throw-ins and losing possession which he's prone to.
bmin11
To be frank, a two striker will almost always have one striker to play a bit deeper down like an offensive midfielder on 4231 (unless it's Anchelotti's 442).
E14

iderekmc wrote:

cant tell who's club will gonna win the final. lets review the clubs and the possible outcome of the match for each club:

Atletico Madrid: this club might be likely goes to the final if luck is on their side. they beat barca by their beautiful goals
Chelsea: let see if there's still divine intervention like on their champions league won 2 years ago.
Real Madrid: GAWD DAMN IT, PLEASE RAISE TO 2 DIGIT CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES!
Bayern Munich: Proven that they still strong, i wonder it would happen the same final 2 years ago......
Binoo-
Real Madrid did a really good job hanging on to their lead, but I still think they'll have a hard time progressing to the final, even with a perfectly fit Ronaldo and Bale. It IS the Allianz, after all.
JonnyThatJonny
Real did well. Bayern looked pretty uninspired, promising 2nd tie at the Alianz.

I'm guessing the other match at stamford will be great too. It better be after that snoozefest ):
Looks like Atletico don't really know what to do unless they're facing an attacking team, other than mindlessly crossing the ball (while crossing fingers). If Jose's strategy was to park the bus and carry a goaless draw, it worked. They'll go through hell if Atleti score though.
Vish024
Yes well we'll see what happens in London when Chelsea finally decide to change out of their bus driver trousers and go for it. It's the away goal that's the killer, that's what we've learnt in recent seasons in particular. The Atleti simply have to score to throw Chelsea off and against a team not trying to blockade its own half of the pitch they could run wild.
[ yogurt ]

iderekmc wrote:

I really hope Real wins it. I don't even like them, but Bayern is killing the fun factor in football. So guys, who is going to win the big match on Sunday and why Liverpool?
bmin11
I hope Chelsea wins both consecutive matches
Vish024
I hope that red team beats that blue team.
Binoo-
I hope they draw so further title drama ensues to the last day.
bmin11

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I hope that red team beats that blue team.
Southampton has beaten Everton!
Vish024
Yay!

Also congrats Burnley on being promoted to the EPL.

Vish024
Also discovered this fabulous piece on commentating, particularly British commentating, cliches.

http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/02/1 ... iches.aspx
Leader
And this is why football is both amazing and terrible at the same time.

Poor Gerrard, he doesn't deserve this at all.. (would have been worse if Torres decided to score instead of passing the ball to William)
bmin11
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I missed the game mgdnpojetphkfzdmbpnkl;rkbmdzpk

Brilliant score line to wake up to. 2:0. We score twice, you get none.
Tanzklaue
"in the land of the losers, the one who draws is king"

braunschweig, nürnberg and hamburg all lost while we drawed. the only ones who realistically can catch up to us are hamburg if they win both of their remaining games.

against bayern and mainz good luck suckers lol.
bmin11
Will Bayern show mercy to Hamburg? We'll have to see for that lol

Just watched the match. Schwarzer was god-like and Kalas couldn't have done anything better for his debut. I swear we didn't look any different missing out Cech/Terry.
Tanzklaue
even if they do hamburg sucks way way too much to beat bayern. they lost 3-1 to augsburg today.

we also play bayern and wolfsburg, and i don't expect 2 wins out of that. one win would be really great and would seal the deal for good though.

anyway, next season has to be better :/ i have trust in huub stevens though! he changed a lot of things for the better and if bobic finally decides to buy good players then we might have a real chance!

also funny trivia, this weekend was our first 0-0 of the season.
bmin11

Now can you ask for any cleaner goal then this

Also, can anybody tell me what day it is today?
Binoo-

bmin11 wrote:

Now can you ask for any cleaner goal then this

Also, can anybody tell me what day it is today?

Near post headers OP
Happy St. Totteringhams Day to you too.
Vish024
Ah yes it's that time of the year again, Happy St. Totteringhams day everyone.
hi im dragon
fucking moyes get fucked haha ijeaorn fsdg omg united <3
JonnyThatJonny
I don't think Real's first half could've been better in any possible way. Incredible.

edit: Wow, Real just turned into favorites. Ronaldo 8-)

Chelsea win the other match pls (I actually like Atletico, but CL finals between clubs of the same country is so anti-hype, even more if it's 2 years in a row)
show more