forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
welp andd with that the last chance of stuttgart beating bayern is gone.

watch bayern beating us in the last game of the season and sending us into relegation. watch it happen.
Magicphoenix
Shoutout to Evra for giving us the wakeup call.
Also, Atlético won over Barca, how awesome is that :D

Just too bad BVB didn't make it. It was so close :(
JonnyThatJonny
In terms of motivation and mentality Atleti must be the top team in europe atm surely. They have some world class players, but most of the team are players which no one would expect getting this far and showing so much quality. Simeone is really getting the best out of the team, probably using the CL outsider status in the best way. On this form it will take some really great football to break them. Hope they win La Liga too, breath of fresh air if they end the ol' boring "Barça or Real".
Tanzklaue
sorry to crush your dreams, but no team on the planet has the momentum, mental fortitude, motivation and form that bayern has.

no team.

I would go as far as saying they are the best team that ever existed in football history.
JonnyThatJonny
Bayern are favorites no doubt haha, but that goes pretty much without mention.
bmin11
I cannot wait for the draw
Vish024
Why do they even have a draw for the semis? Just another marketing and revenue making scheme. I'm sure they'll eventually start having draws for the final as well, place each team's name in two different bowls and some cunt executive can draw them so UEFA and their sponsors can make another fat load of cash and continue ruining football.
Magicphoenix
To prove there's no cheating involved?
JonnyThatJonny
Hoping for a Chelsea vs Real / Bayern vs Atleti
bmin11
I'm not sure if I should be happy to draw Atletico... No, probably not lol
Magicphoenix
question is, would you have wanted Bayern or Real?
Semi Finals are tough I heard.
I'm excited to see Pep vs Real :)
GladiOol
I don't follow the bundesliga at all, but I'm curious about Augsburg. Is that dutch guy Verhaegh doing any good there? Because the right back is always an issue for our national team, and if Van Der Wiel doesn't get his form back then I think Verhaegh (who nobody knows here) might actually be the best for the spot.
Tanzklaue

GladiOol wrote:

I don't follow the bundesliga at all, but I'm curious about Augsburg. Is that dutch guy Verhaegh doing any good there? Because the right back is always an issue for our national team, and if Van Der Wiel doesn't get his form back then I think Verhaegh (who nobody knows here) might actually be the best for the spot.
I absolutely don't know, i don't follow football too religiously. i can usk my uncle, if somebody in ym family knows it's him.
Tanzklaue
1-0 for us int he first 15 minutes, jsut wasted a 100% chance though.

EDIT1:and another one!

and then another one with the follow up!

EDIT2: come one 20 more minutes!

NOOO NOT IBISEVIC!

ANYONE BUT HIM

EDIT3: the critical 80th minute is approaching. COME ON STUTTGART GIVE IT YOUR ALL

edit4: 1-1 fuck life.

89th minute.
bmin11

Tanzklaue wrote:

1-0 for us int he first 15 minutes, jsut wasted a 100% chance though.

EDIT1:and another one!

and then another one with the follow up!

EDIT2: come one 20 more minutes!

NOOO NOT IBISEVIC!

ANYONE BUT HIM

EDIT3: the critical 80th minute is approaching. COME ON STUTTGART GIVE IT YOUR ALL

edit4: 1-1 fuck life.

89th minute.
Looks familiar?
Tanzklaue
well our chances just drastically dropped.

on the other hand dortmund destroyed bayern like they are scrubs so there is that.
bmin11
Almost seems like they just don't care anymore lol Let's hope they will do the same for you guys as well.

Also, good news for Doomsday
Vish024
Yeah keep your chin up Doomy, I'd love to see Wolves back in the Premiership.

Also bloody hell what a night, we're off to the cup final then.
Doomsday
Feels good, man

Considering the state that the club was in after the double-relegation, how Kenny Jackett managed to turn it around,and got us back up on the first time of asking is incredible.
Vish024
Tributes to the Hillsborough Tragedy in pictures. RIP to the 96. Looking forward to tonight's game at Anfield.
Dafydd
bayern second loss?
Vish024
What a game this is, truly ecstatic stuff. Backing the Kopites, I'd really like to see Liverpool take the title if we can't. 3-2 Liverpool after 80 mins, what next?
Vish024
KRZY's gonna need a change of pants.
bmin11
oh god
Magicphoenix
how, what, lol, dis game.
Hope for Liverpool's best. Literally the only English team that I played on Fifa since '06
kriers
I felt a surge of emotion just like Steven Gerrard at the match whistle. I don't think I've ever screamed so much during a game ever before.
Tanzklaue
i scream every match.

but that's just because stuttgart is terrible and you will find yourself screaming helplessly at all the stupid shit happening.
GladiOol
he does it so casually, i love it.

Doomsday
So I went to a wolves game yesterday, thought it'd be an innocent day out, see a couple of goals, and have a laugh

What actually happened was this

OnosakiHito
Woah. And all the people at the end.
JonnyThatJonny

Doomsday wrote:

So I went to a wolves game yesterday, thought it'd be an innocent day out, see a couple of goals, and have a laugh

What actually happened was this

Awesome, really want to attend an english league match someday. Hell like the video shows, even if it's not the Premier, Championship or League 1 matches pack a great atmosphere.
bmin11
Today is the saddest day of this season
Vish024
Good to see Liverpool win, meanwhile we're 2-0 up at Hull at half time. Not saying a word more than this until full time.
iderekmc
usain bale
Tanzklaue
we lead 1:0 against schalke.

if we win today we are basically through except if we lose all our games and the guys on 16-18 win all at least 2-3 (66%-100%) of their remaining games.

EDIT: 2:0! cacau!

EDIT": §:=!!! HARNIK!

EDIT3: we won 3:1. if things don't go terribly wrong, thenwe will stay in the bundesliga.
Vish024
Turns out we're brilliant with Ramsey and Ozil in the center, I think this is what we've missed in the last few months.
Binoo-

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Turns out we're brilliant with Ramsey and Ozil in the center, I think this is what we've missed in the last few months.
The thing about Arsenal currently is that we don't have many "dynamic" players, ie people who run into the box and actually pounce on attacking chances. Without Walcott and Ramsey we really can't score for shit.
Good thing we have one of them back for the scrape for top 4 :D
Vish024
All we need as far as I'm concerned is someone to support the main striker. People are acting as if Giroud is Zlatan, he's not a man that can roam the width of the pitch and create magic, he's basically a guy who pounces on chances in the center. He needs someone to support him up front, sitting just behind him in a Bergkamp-esque fashion. Danny Welbeck is apparently considering to leave Old Trafford, I thiknk we should pounce on him before some scum like Sp*rs snatch him. With some adjustments I think he'd slot in fairly well up front, his technique is alright, has a decent eye for goal and is more than capable of finding space, creating space and threading the ball amongst his teammates. He'd be ideal cover and support for Giroud and I doubt he'd be too expensive.
iderekmc
who do u think will win champions league?
GladiOol
I'm just going to forget the cup final the happened yesterday. It was more of a massacre than a cup final. (ajax lost 5-1, could've/should've been 9 or 10-1). Such a shame, because the 0-1 was absolutely sexy. World class goal.

But yeah, the eredivisie is dead. Every match is a coin flip basically. I'm purely sticking to ajax and mainstream premier league next year I think. Even though the eredivisie is fun as fuck, trying to watch it with a tad of seriousness is impossible. Losing 5-1 is bad. Losing 5-1 against PEC Zwolle is terrible. Losing 5-1 in the final as ajax, priceless.
show more