show more
Seikunai
3-0 against Schalke.

El Nino!

Up the Chels!
JonnyThatJonny

kriers wrote:

3-0 is out of this world.
by the time the keeper jumped the ball was already hitting the net.

I hope we beat Sweeden in the playoffs, but sucks that if it happens Zlatan won't be in the WC ):
Vish024
What's cooking lads, guess who's back. Been busy with Uni and work experience lately but I'll be posting more around here since I'm in holidays at the moment. This thread simply cannot perish.

Witnessed an interesting matchday yesterday, but we've all seen this before and I'm not saying anything whatsoever until May 2014.
bmin11
Ofcourse you came back for this season

brb canceling my celebration for Torres'es Reincarnation btw. This is probably my third time scratching the idea away since his arrival ._.
Vish024
Hey hey I'm not convinced that we're going big this season or at least I'm pretending not to be because too often in the past we've looked brilliant and then crashed. I'm not saying anything too positive or joyful until I see some serious results in May. Only 10 games in, let's keep focused and get the points.

Although I am uh...quite delighted to say the least at UTD's performances so far.
bmin11
What did I tell you about Moyes :D? He and his team couldn't buy anyone they needed.

P.S.

GladiOol
They should've gotten Strootman, but nope, they went for overpriced fellaini.
Vish024
Strootman made the right move by going to Roma, they're currently 1st in Serie A with 10 wins out of 10 with 25 goals scored and only 2 in return.
JonnyThatJonny
10 wins out of 11 actually ehe. Roma drew 1-1 with Torino this sunday. Still, incredible streak.
Vish024
It'd be a nice to see a team outside the north of Italy winning the scudetto for once, it'd benefit Italian football as a whole. Looking forward to our run-in with the ol' enemy this weekend though I refuse to underestimate UTD despite their below par performances this season. They can be tricky and Moyes is beginning to find some chemistry in his squad.
Seikunai
I would like to see Totti win another (or his last, whatever) Scudetto. :D
Vish024
Totti's just an old warhorse, never stops playing and never stops playing well at that. It'd be a great to see him lift the title for Roma at this stage in his career.
Vish024
AARON FUCKING RAMSEY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

[EDIT]: Bendtner on for Giroud, this is basically Arsene's way of saying "Alright lads let's park the bus right here shall we".

[EDIT]: Oh sweet lord in heaven. Sweet fucking Allah, Jesus Christ, Krishna, Buddha, Diego Maradona...the whole lot, thank you so much for this win.
bmin11
I'm actually surprised you guys won

Both us and Schalke showed good football, but Schalke made some huge mistakes. I'm glad to see that both Willian and Eto'o are doing great.

EDIT:

Vish024
Yeah I thought we'd come away with a draw at most, I think we were slightly lucky considering the few major chances that BVB failed to convert.

That poor keeper, he must've thought he was an outfield player or something.
GladiOol
Yay, Ajax still has a chance of becomming #2 in the group after a delicious Schöne golazo.

Vish024
It genuinely hurts me to see Ajax so hard done by, if it wasn't for that bizarre fall by Balotelli in Amsterdam you guys would be in a much better position now.
GladiOol

LaVolpe024 wrote:

It genuinely hurts me to see Ajax so hard done by, if it wasn't for that bizarre fall by Balotelli in Amsterdam you guys would be in a much better position now.
Over the course of the game, AC Milan was the better team so we got lucky with that point. We did get unlucky at Celtic. Two defensive mistakes, 2 goals against even though we were dominating that match as well. But hey, I guess this is pay back~
Vish024
"The fear factor, going to Old Trafford, is something that’s always been there in the Ferguson years, but I don’t think it’s the same with Moyes. Mostly because it’s a different kind of fear. More like the fear of going to the bathroom after a night of Guinness, chillis and kebabs than anything truly scary. Which isn’t to underestimate them in any way, but I think you know what I mean."
-Arseblog
Looking forward to our little visit to Ol' whatsit on Sunday.
bmin11
/off-topic

Just tried out Football Manager 2014.

Chelsea is even more forced into playing an attacking midfield, while the board is pressuring the manager to play an aggressive football. There is very little room for improvements for the squad, while the transfer budget doesn't allow to buy a huge player even after selling a player or two. This is the finest recipe for the most boring transfer market experience. The sheer amount of young players is very overwhelming, meaning scouting for prodigies is also pointless. Overall, perfect club for beginners, but a dreadful club for others orz...

Arsenal is (yet again) pack full of prodigies ._. I'll have to admit, managing Arsenal looks pretty fun. The squad is not too big, so it allows for new players and possibly, a new style of football. Though, the budget for the first season could be low, so I'll have to check for that myself.

Oddly enough, Liverpool also has some Arsenal level youth players. Also, Sturridge is underrated.

Couldn't bother to check Manchesters and Spurs. Though, I could imagine Spurs being an interesting club.

Southampton looks ridiculously fun. Probably the most interesting team to play on EPL.

off-topic/
magnetinfinity
Wow, I can't believe football is finally trending in osu! >w< finally! Well, I've seen FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea FC, Arsenal and Bayern play. It seemed okay, or am I just really not that observant? o.o
JonnyThatJonny

bmin11 wrote:

Did you feel much of an improvement from FM13? I bought last year's but I'm not sure if it's worth it getting this year's. It was actually my first bought football manager game after CM 01/02 aha.
bmin11

magnetinfinity wrote:

Wow, I can't believe football is finally trending in osu! >w< finally! Well, I've seen FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea FC, Arsenal and Bayern play. It seemed okay, or am I just really not that observant? o.o
Try following a single club that you can relate to. For my case, my friend dragged me into watching a Chelsea game, and that's how it started.

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

Did you feel much of an improvement from FM13? I bought last year's but I'm not sure if it's worth it getting this year's. It was actually my first bought football manager game after CM 01/02 aha.
The tactics are really different for this version. I don't think I can judge at the moment. Though, the general improvements, like the AI for agents and the UI etc etc are quite nice. Wait for the sales at least, since by then most updates would be done.
bmin11

What a beauty
Vish024
Pretty much sums up our game.

bmin11
Sums up everyones game except for Liverpool
Vish024
So France squeeze their way into the world cup again, good to see. Disappointed with Sweden, I honestly thought they could turn it around at home.
bmin11
This weekend was a fantastic one 6:0 6:0 6:0
Vish024
Are you friggin' serious Tottenham? They might as well have not turned up.
Doomsday
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intl ... eltag.html top of the league! well, we were until yesterday

oh wait... no-one cares about league one ;_;
bmin11
That spoiler text just punched me to realization
Vish024
Aw I was hoping for a Napoli win. Well never mind, we're just about through unless a miracle occurs. Good performances by Ajax and Basel this round, also seems like Milan are starting to pick up pace.
bmin11
Bad performance from our side. Thank god our last match is against Steaua. They are confirmed on not even making it to Europa, so I hope they don't put too much effort against us.
GladiOol
Apparently an Arsenal scout was looking at Ricardo van Rhijn during the Barcelona match. I highly doubt Arsenal will get him though, he's not that good at all.

Ajax is still busy trying to get Ola John at the winter stop, seeing how De Jong, Sigþórsson and Bojan are still injured. We're now playing with Schöne as right winger while left winger Fischer is still in a bit of a form crisis.

Aaaaand I hope that Zivkovic will stay many more years in the eredivisie. Scouts from all the top teams (barca/real/arsenal/city/united etc.) were present a few weeks ago during one of his matches. He's only 17 years old, he shouldn't leave yet.

Vish024
Thrilling draw at Shite Hart Lane, enjoyed every minute of it. One of the few times during a season I actually want Sp*rs to win but I suppose a draw suits us all the same. Also my most sincere thank you to Hull City.
bmin11
Don't forget that we are still hanging on there. Come on, Hull City. Do your trick just one more time!
bmin11
Nooo Hull City. You guys were suppose to win like last round.

Hazard is a fucking beast! We were too close, but we won at the end.

EDIT:
Vish024
No unfortunately for Hull we don't have Skrtel on our team to help them. Also thank you Everton.
Tanzklaue
germany, portugal, usa and ghana. very manageable group if we get our shit together.

in other news, stuttgarts defense is the biggest mess i've ever seen from a club in a major european league that has euro league aspirations. our offense isn't dangerous enough either, and when behind or in half 2 we just collapse. naxim and werner are really good on occasions, but not good enough. the reason why we don't suck balls completely us because ullreich is a monster of a keeper.
bmin11
Belgium, Algeria, and Russia here. Not as easy as we hoped, but we still have a chance.

RIP Australia

EDIT:
show more