forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Foxtrot
I congratulate Chelsea. They did a wonderful job tonight.
JonnyThatJonny
Heh, David Luiz and Ramires meet their former team in the final.
Vish024
Well played by Chelsea and good luck in the final.

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Yes and we all know Bayern has a thing for losing champions league finals, mainly if they're favorites.
'99, 2010, 2012,...2013?
bmin11
The amount of speculations around Mourinho and Chelsea is ridiculous.
GladiOol
Well fuck me silly, my local team just got promoted to the Eredivisie /o/ Volendam had to lose and Cambuur had to win, and so it happened. They've been in the Eredivisie once before for 2 years, in which they were absolute shit, but hey atleast they beat Ajax back then.

But fuck yeah, now I can watch amazing teams play (Ajax aiaiai) with only a 15 min. bike ride.
Nicollo
BvB can win
if Lewandowski can press Dante to go back in front of Neuer
and Gotze + Gundogan is the best young midfield in their era, although getting the ball past Martinez and Schweinsteiger will be tough

overall BM have the best possible line-ups against BvB but this is football
anything can happen
Doomsday
fuuuuuuuuck

Not surprised, but doesn't make me feel much better :(
bmin11
I'm still surprised. They were such a strong team in Premier League.
Magicphoenix
Lewandowski's penalty blocked by Manuel
Bayern playing with the B-lineup
Rafinha red card in the 65th
Reus comes into the game at min. 70
Blaszczykowski too

Still 1-1

Bring it on BVB.
GladiOol
2012 - 2013

☆☆☆

bmin11
Congratz to you guys.

EDIT: Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb Howard Webb
bmin11
Mata scores!!!!!! on 87 minutes, 1:0 Chelsea lead!

EDIT: and a red card for Rafael right after for elbowing kicking Luiz. This is great for Chelsea.

EDIT2: Chelsea 1:0 Man U. This is Chelseas first victory in Old Trafford since 2010.
Vish024
Man UTD seemed quite lethargic and uninterested, I suppose they can afford to slack off at this stage. Sp*rs Baled out again (dohoho), let's hope they drop points in that game in hand. DO IT CHELSEA.

Congrats to Ajax and Juve on retaining their league titles. All the "31" banners at Juve's stadium made me chuckle.
bmin11
Bendtner won a league trophy oh my god
Nyukai
Why Barça isn't at UCL's final WHY ;_;
Vish024
All we need now is for Squillacci to leave and win a trophy. It'd confirm that we truly are cursed. In retrospect, the departure of players itself might be the reason why we can't win trophies.
GladiOol

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Man UTD seemed quite lethargic and uninterested, I suppose they can afford to slack off at this stage. Sp*rs Baled out again (dohoho), let's hope they drop points in that game in hand. DO IT CHELSEA.

Congrats to Ajax and Juve on retaining their league titles. All the "31" banners at Juve's stadium made me chuckle.
I love how Bendtner did win a trophy this time.

Also; this has to be the best ref of all time. Poor Thiago...

fartownik

GladiOol wrote:

Also; this has to be the best ref of all time. Poor Thiago...
oh god
fsvgm777
I hope he will be suspended for a year and that the PSG lose points. (the latter is unlikely, unfortunately)

This is clearly unacceptable behaviour from someone who's in a "big" French club.

Video. (French commentary irrelevant)

And he has the guts to say that he didn't bump into the referee. The video I posted proves otherwise.
GladiOol

fsvgm777 wrote:

I hope he will be suspended for a year and that the PSG lose points. (the latter is unlikely, unfortunately)

This is clearly unacceptable behaviour from someone who's in a "big" French club.

Video. (French commentary irrelevant)

And he has the guts to say that he didn't bump into the referee. The video I posted proves otherwise.
Oh come on, where is this going to. He shows a bit of emotion and bumps him, yes that shouldn't be allowed but come the fuck on it's a little bump. Maybe it's time to put things in perspective rather than looking at the role they furfill. That referree was disrespectful during the match. The red card was complete bullocks and then afterwards when PSG players asked why the red card was given, he actually laughed and made a gesture of pushing. Now you see, respect should be a mutual thing and this referree clearly lacks any bit of social interraction and completely fucked up the entire game. That still doesn't justify the push Leonardo gives to the ref, but we sure as hell must simply 'forgive and forget' that push, because if you're really going to get butthurt over something as minor as that, then the only one with issues is you for finding that an issue.
fsvgm777
Others find it an issue as well, so it's not just me.

Poll: Is Leonardo overdoing? (in French)

And besides, it's actually a major issue, since Leonardo does risk to be suspended for at most 1 year. Yes, the referee might have been disrespectful during the match (cf. Silva's red card), but still, it's unnecessary to bump the referee after the match.
bmin11
Deserves it. A player got a game suspension for walking towards him. What gave you the idea that you wouldn't get something worse if you actually "bumped" into him?
GladiOol

fsvgm777 wrote:

Others find it an issue as well, so it's not just me.

Poll: Is Leonardo overdoing? (in French)

And besides, it's actually a major issue, since Leonardo does risk to be suspended for at most 1 year. Yes, the referee might have been disrespectful during the match (cf. Silva's red card), but still, it's unnecessary to bump the referee after the match.
yes it's unnecessary, but it's not the end of the world and worthy of a year suspension and point reduction. that's simply ridiculous.

bmin11 wrote:

Deserves it. A player got a game suspension for walking towards him. What gave you the idea that you wouldn't get something worse if you actually "bumped" into him?
...I hope you realise that what you said doesn't make much sense. ''A player got an unfair suspension for something as trival as walking towards a ref. --> therefore the suspension of a year for bumping is legit.''

If punishment A is regarded too heavy, then you cannot take that into consideration when performing punishment B, as punishment A is no longer trust worthy.
bmin11
Hell no. Why would I thought the punishment was legitimate? It was just a joke.
GladiOol
haha my bad then
fsvgm777
About the whole suspension/point reduction thing: It's actually written in the disciplinary regulations of the French federation. If it happened during the match, Leonardo would've risked 6 months of suspension. In this case, however, it happened after the match, so he actually risks 1 year.

Though... per the FFF's definition, a bumping is a physical contact with another person while performing a push in order to make him fall or push backwards. None of it actually happens in the video I posted (the referee gets pushed to the side without actually falling).

I'm just going to wait for the verdict.

EDIT: Well, Silva got suspended for 2 matches, while Leonardo got suspended under protective title, meaning he's suspended from all of his functions for the time being until the Discipline Commission agrees on a sanction.

Nothing more to say for now.
Tanzklaue
well french football was already ridiculous. that certainly didn't help.
GladiOol
2 match suspension for nothing. Ligue 1 OP.
bmin11
Two matches for walking towards the referee? Now I'm expecting 2 years of suspension for bumping.
Vish024
If the FFF are trying to emulate the FA, they're overdoing it.
Vish024
Official: Sir Alex Ferguson retires as manager of Man UTD.

The man built the team and club from seemingly lower league minnows to domestic and European giants. Bloody hell, it's hard to imagine anybody but ol' gum-chewing Fergie on that Old Trafford bench. He's synonymous with the club and its culture.

Ryan Giggs will play under a new manager next season for the first time in his club career. He's 39-years old. Just let that sink in.
Moyes already rumoured to be his replacement.

We're already seeing the jokes.

'Alex Ferguson actually retired 6 years ago, which is today after all the injury time.'

'In honor of Sir Alex's time in the league, a minutes round of applause will take place in the 7th minute of injury time.'

'Sir Alex Ferguson to retire......Harry Redknapp reckons he can keep them up'

'Following the shock news that Sir Alex Ferguson is retiring at the end of the season, Wrigleys have announced they have entered administration.'

Unconfirmed reports that Howard Webb will become Man Utd Player Referee Manager.

As a mark of respect to fergie all premier league matches this week will play a minimum of 5 mins added time.
bmin11
All football fans were fearing that news last day, and it became reality. I wish him to have a successful surgery and recovery.

I swear he would be still managing over his phone though

Side note:

I don't think it's going to be Moyes. He is good, but no one knows how he is like when he is under the bigger club.

I'm expectingHeynckes (nvm too old and sick) , Mourinho, and Solskjær. Solskjær is almost following the exact same route as Sir Alex Ferguson and he still in contact to each other I heard.
fartownik
It's just been confirmed that Moyes will be the new coach. I hope Ferguson comes back in the age of 80 or something because of being bored of normal life.
bmin11
Do you have the link? I need to read it.
fartownik
Fff, I got trapped by a fucking tabloid's title. When it says "DAVID MOYES IS A NEW MAN UTD COACH" it's usually true, but not this time. Now I read some other sources that say it's the BOOKMAKERS that say he's the new coach. I'm reading only official pages from now on.
bmin11
By the way, Sir Alex Ferguson is not completely leaving. He will be working in Manchester United as a director.
bmin11
Are you watching this, LaVolpe? :D

EDIT: sdagaesdbs what was that I don't even

EDIT 2: RAMIRES!!! Chelsea is back to the lead with fantastic pass by Torres

Goddamn, we were so close.
KRZY
inb4 Benitez new manager of MU
bmin11

Damn, that last goal was offside. Now I feel robbed.
Vish024
Well that suits me. Chelsea aren't too far head, Sp*rs just behind. It's a position I'm fine with for the moment.
show more