forum

[Archived] How can I transfer my beatmaps to a new computer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiruno
So I am planning on getting a new laptop because my old one that I play osu! On broke.Is there anyway I can move or recover my old beatmaps in the new laptop?
Estlo3
I do not know if this will be helpful, but as far as I know you can only regain the beatmaps either by having them on a backup, moving them per usb-stick, having them on a cloud or redownloading them. Another option is that you look through your account history as well as the best beatmap plays, as some of the beatmaps should be shown there (as scores). Hope this helps, tho I'm also an Osu! noob so I don't know if there is another way to recover them.

EDIT: On a side note, hey, same month joined (according to the dates at least). :D

2nd EDIT: If your pc broke, and the respective data drive too, then you cannot copy them, rendering all these methods useless. So if that is the case, gotta redownload I guess.
Flanster
If your new laptop has an extra storage slot, you can just install the drive from your old laptop in there and transfer data easily. Other method is either a flash drive (USB3.0 recommended for better speed) or a SATA/IDE to USB adapter. Cloud storage isn't much of an option since most don't offer much and people's osu! folders are gigantic. If you have a friend with a desktop, installing the old and new drive for transfer is also an alternative. Choose whichever is more convinient and/or available to you!
Doge Owner
Yes, you can. As Estlo3 said, Inside your osu! installation folder you'll find another folder named "songs" you can simply copy it into a USB-stick after you've installed osu! on your new laptop, you can then paste the songs folder into your new installation folder and replace it.

Next time you open osu! your beatmaps will process and you should be good to go.
hotaru_Ral
Heya! I have the same problem, i copied and pasted all the beatmaps i had on my hold laptop to the new on in the new "Songs" folder but osu didn't loaded any of the songs at all...do you have any idea about this?
Thanks!
Death

hotaru_Ral wrote:

Heya! I have the same problem, i copied and pasted all the beatmaps i had on my hold laptop to the new on in the new "Songs" folder but osu didn't loaded any of the songs at all...do you have any idea about this?
Thanks!
Hit F5 on the song selection screen.
Jonezu
I have kinda similar problem. I transfered all of my beatmaps to my new pc but they are not showing in game. How can i get them to show in game.
AirwickG

Jonezuuu wrote:

I have kinda similar problem. I transfered all of my beatmaps to my new pc but they are not showing in game. How can i get them to show in game.
Click F5 when in osu after you have dragged your songs into the folder.
OddSplendorma
Can I use an external hard disk for transferring my osu beatmaps?
Death

OddSplendorma wrote:

Can I use an external hard disk for transferring my osu beatmaps?
Yes.
show more