forum

[Archived] Maps are scrambled i guess?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
itanimullI
Problem Details:

The maps thumbnails are all scrambled and when i click a map in the chat it takes me to a completely different map, in the image i clicked the map "DECO*27 - Streaming Heart feat. Hatsune Miku [Extra]" and it took me to another one that has the thumbnail of the one I clicked
I tried f5 2 times but it didn't work

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180811.2
Death
Close osu!, navigate to your osu! folder and remove the "osu!.db" file from it, restart the game and when you go to the song selection screen you should see all of your maps start to reprocess.

This will fix the thumbnails, but just as a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed (meaning you won't be able to use the "recently played" grouping) and you will lose any beatmap specific settings like local offset, background dim, etc just in case you use any of those things.
linkfire
Is there a fix planned for this? Because it happened to me at least 4 times now and right now it's the same again, just that I don't care anymore, but still, I prefer it when my thumbnails are all neat.
Death
Probably not.

Have you been doing what I said to do in the post above?
linkfire
I've done that everytime. But after a while it happens again. I have around 16k maps btw. Maybe it's related,
Doge Owner
Make sure your client isn't shutting down incorrectly (crashes, power outages, brownouts, depleted laptop battery or removed power cord, accidentally hitting the power button, ending the process manually etc..) The only thing you can do when this happens is the above, or you can just try F5 to reprocess all your beatmaps. Sometimes, that fixes it for me without having to move "osu!.db" out of my osu! folder.
linkfire

Doge Owner wrote:

Make sure your client isn't shutting down incorrectly (crashes, power outages, brownouts, depleted laptop battery or removed power cord, accidentally hitting the power button, ending the process manually etc..) The only thing you can do when this happens is the above, or you can just try F5 to reprocess all your beatmaps. Sometimes, that fixes it for me without having to move "osu!.db" out of my osu! folder.
We do have a lot of power outages indeed. And now that you say it, I think there is a great probability it's related