forum

[Archived] Unable to run due to errors after update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LV UP
Problem Details:

Failed to turn on OSU that was already present due to an error. I deleted and reinstalled graphics driver updates, reboots, and OUS installations, but I still see an error window and can't run.How can I play games like before?

Before you log in and automatically update, you had no problems playing games.

I don't know how to attach the picture, so I send an error message as it is.

<osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context. If this is the first time you've seen this, please try sestarting your PC.
If this is a fresh install, you may be missing graphics drivers.>

I tried all of the possible aspects of the error message, but it still won't work.

Pressing the OK button in the Error window will pop up a new window displaying the 'OSU! conflict' and two buttons below. Pressing the 'OSU Restart!' and 'Report Problem' buttons will result in the same error window and the game screen will not open continuously.

I want to do OSU! Please help me.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
What Graphics card do you have?
Topic Starter
LV UP
window7 32bit
graphic card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

The graphic card you use is a built-in graphic of an old computer.
Other games are still working well, and there's never been a problem with the OSU before the OSU automatic update.

I went to the Intel homepage and checked, but I did not need any updates.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
When you click the Scan button on the Intel Home link above to check for updates, it says 'sorry, not available software update'.

Is there a way to solve this without buying a new graphics card?
Will the updated OSU be permanently disabled on this computer?
help me.please
Death

LV UP wrote:

Is there a way to solve this without buying a new graphics card?
Kind of. I wouldn't necessarily call this a solution, just a workaround, especially considering it won't work forever.

Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.

Please Note: This older version of the game is no longer supported. Online features could be disabled at any point in the near future, including score submission. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your GPU so that it supports the minimum requirements for current and future versions of the game.

LV UP wrote:

Will the updated OSU be permanently disabled on this computer?
Unless you upgrade the GPU in your computer, any newer version of osu! will not work.
Topic Starter
LV UP
Is the installation file on the link you answered different from the one you download from the OSU homepage?
You wonder if the file you gave me as a link is an installation program of a previous version.
Death
Yes, the file I linked is different. And yes, it is a slightly older version. Probably the version you were on before you started having issues.
Topic Starter
LV UP
I'll try the way you guide. Thank you for your detailed reply. Have a nice day.