forum

[Archived] Hit-sound latency.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Daythe
Hello !
I'm actually here because I got recently my new headset, but I have a problem with it, particulary with hitsounds.
Indeed, there is a small latency, but very disturbing in-game (I dont know if I described well, sumimase)
To finish, i have 2 options for the headset on osu!. One (the selected option), where I have the bug. But I tried the second, and the bug isn't here (but the sound is really flat).
Do you have an idea to try to resolve this bug ? (I'm actually playing with the second option before saying bellow :"use the second option ...").

Screen of the two options :
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/11980313

Thank you a lot for your answers. I love you (yes, you, who are reading the message -hearth-).

osu! version: Stable 20180811.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
The fact it says "Wireless" explains your issue pretty easily I think.

Wireless devices will always have a bit of delay, especially headsets and speakers, even more so if Bluetooth. If it has a wired mode, or you can plug it in, try that. I can't read what the options say.
Topic Starter
Daythe
Hi, and thank for your answer. Is true is a wireless headset. But osu! is the only game where i have a latency problem :(
Dntm8kmeeatu

Daythe wrote:

Hi, and thank for your answer. Is true is a wireless headset. But osu! is the only game where i have a latency problem :(

It's probably the only one you notice it, since it's so dependent on timing and rhythm. Are you sure it's 100% "only osu!" ?
Topic Starter
Daythe
Thank you for your answer (again).
Yes, i'm 100% sure is only on osu!, in any case, in my games library for sure. (For exemple, on overwatch or league of legend, there is no latency).
Doge Owner
It's weird that you have 2 options for the same headset, check your sound settings and make sure you have the same settings as this or try using a different option in the advanced tab (check both outputs).
Topic Starter
Daythe
Hi (again), and thank you.
Here is my actual option : https://imgur.com/a/MNwUA5i . I only have 16 bits, and no 24 like on your screen. Maybe this is the problem ? (I think not, but i dont know)
Thank your a lot for helping me :arrow: <3
Doge Owner
No that's not a problme, are you using surround sound by any chance? That might be the issue.
Topic Starter
Daythe
Hello, and thank. Yes, I use surronds. But before write this post, I tried to desactivate it, and nothing happened. I will try to put it off tonight :)
show more