forum

How should I train my left hand?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XDRDogex
I've always had some problems with osu, whether it would be the game automatically reducing my universal offset by -30ms, or the game randomly deleting my maps.

However, this time it is regarding my left hand.

My left hand is significantly weaker than my right hand at things such as single tapping and wrist movement. I am a right-hander, so I use my right hand to move my cursor. This leaves me with my left hand to spam z and x.

My left hand has trouble single tapping extremely fast. Using some clicking testing website I found, I discovered that my right hand can single tap 20 times in the span of 1.7 seconds, while my left hand can do it in 2.4 seconds using way more strength than I should be, tensing up my arms very hard. When I try single tapping on a medium speed map (180 bpm) my left hand gets very tired. This also kinda causes my left hand to get uncoordinated with what I'm thinking, some times causing my left hand to not tap when I want it to, or have around half a second delay of when I tap, causing me to either hit a 100 or 50.

TL:DR, how can I train strength/stamina for my left hand for single tapping?

I'd appreciate the help, and thanks! : ))))

P.S. I also have some trouble with reaction times for 5 star maps, any way I can fix that? Thanks again : ))))))))

Sometimes I do react in time but I click the border of a circle causing me to miss a note but w/e
Almost
Play lots of DT and high bpm maps. Try find some maps with lots of single tapping. Make sure you can actually play them. Do that for like an hour or so per day and you should see improvements pretty quick.
Anti-Aqua
Play more. It took my a few months to get used to tapping with my non dominant hand. I'm still bad at it but if you just keep playing, soon in a few months you will at least be able to keep up with most maps.
Faye
My lefty is still MUCH slower than my right hand, but the general idea of improving this is just keep playing.

Like, a lot. Until you start feeling sore daily.

Though if you notice any sharp pains DO NOT continue until your wrist feels better. Nothing worse than damaging your wrists. I was out of action for like 4 months because of that mistake.

TL;DR
Practice a lot but don't injure yourself. Nothing else to it.
Unliimiited
yes
UnnamedBeast

XDRDogex wrote:

I've always had some problems with osu, whether it would be the game automatically reducing my universal offset by -30ms, or the game randomly deleting my maps.

However, this time it is regarding my left hand.

My left hand is significantly weaker than my right hand at things such as single tapping and wrist movement. I am a right-hander, so I use my right hand to move my cursor. This leaves me with my left hand to spam z and x.

My left hand has trouble single tapping extremely fast. Using some clicking testing website I found, I discovered that my right hand can single tap 20 times in the span of 1.7 seconds, while my left hand can do it in 2.4 seconds using way more strength than I should be, tensing up my arms very hard. When I try single tapping on a medium speed map (180 bpm) my left hand gets very tired. This also kinda causes my left hand to get uncoordinated with what I'm thinking, some times causing my left hand to not tap when I want it to, or have around half a second delay of when I tap, causing me to either hit a 100 or 50.

TL:DR, how can I train strength/stamina for my left hand for single tapping?

I'd appreciate the help, and thanks! : ))))

P.S. I also have some trouble with reaction times for 5 star maps, any way I can fix that? Thanks again : ))))))))

Sometimes I do react in time but I click the border of a circle causing me to miss a note but w/e

do a very low bpm (90bpm ish) stream map and singletap it.
show more