forum

[Archived] osu! lags with no clear evidence as to why.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skellen
Sometime last week, Wednseday I belive, my osu! started lagging whenever I loaded a beatmap. It would be fine for a few seconds and after that the input would skyrocket to high heavens, at first just in the 50-60ms margin but with time as days passed it got worse, now each time it just freezes for a couple of seconds and comes back from a several thousand ms back to the usual 1,7-2,1.

It's imossible to play as each map has the same issue, I don't have problems with disk space, memory or RAM for that matter. It just kinda started and I have no idea what can cause it. I don't run osu! with any other apps in the bg because let's face it.. no one does except streamers and gods maybe. I don't have any weird skins nor settings on. All my setting are set for max performance with 0 details or suggary stuff.

Edit: Also to say this. My osu! works well for a couple of seconds after a full pc restart, but starts to pretty much freeze each time an object is supposed to be clicked.
modrei_DELETED
i see you're playing on mouse, sometimes that causes stutter, try lowering polling rate
show more