forum

I want improve my single tap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DreamMoe_
i wonder i can single tap so fast, but if i tap faster, my finger will tap harder
it will let my right hand hard to move
plz help me
VinZentVanDough
Dont tense up, relax and slowly improve your single tapping speed (and accuracy) by playing more. Of course you need to train your other finger as well.
im flat
dt 4* maps
Akanagi
Forget what everyone is saying about relaxing your fingers and going slowly with singletap.
If you go beyond your limit there's no way you won't tense up, it's like saying you should relax your muscles when you lift weights. Just push your limits and try to match the speed of the map and you will get faster over time.

It worked for me and I spammed 220-240+ maps, forcing myself to not alternate and hitting the notes to the best of my ability. Good maps for this are Kokou no Sousei (4/5*) 500 Tortures, and obviously DT on various maps.
Deva

Rayne wrote:

Forget what everyone is saying about relaxing your fingers and going slowly with singletap.
If you go beyond your limit there's no way you won't tense up, it's like saying you should relax your muscles when you lift weights. Just push your limits and try to match the speed of the map and you will get faster over time.

Well what you said is also kind of incorrect.

The right way to do it is to relax as much as possible. If you relax and put the minimum amount of effort needed to lift weights you will be able to lift more than if you were to just tense up for no good reason.

So the correct advice is relax as much as possible without it getting in the way of you tapping fast.
Almost

Deva wrote:

Rayne wrote:

The right way to do it is to relax as much as possible. If you relax and put the minimum amount of effort needed to lift weights you will be able to lift more than if you were to just tense up for no good reason.

So the correct advice is relax as much as possible without it getting in the way of you tapping fast.

Umm.. no. Your muscles in your body will naturally tense up when they are going to contract. The heavier the weight you need to lift, the more your muscle needs to tense up to lift the weight. In relation to osu, the faster you tap, the more your hand will tense. We aren't talking about unnecessary tension here. Your hand needs to tense when you are going to tap at the fastest you can tap. The closer you get to your speed limitation, the harder your hand will tense. You have to be incredibly delusional to tell me otherwise.

That being said, what each person thinks of as 'fast' is subjective. If you are able to tap at 300 bpm at max, then 200 bpm tapping would feel 'slow'. As such, you wouldn't need to tense your hand as much as compared to say someone who can tap at 200 bpm at max.

The only way to tap faster is by pushing your limits and actively trying to tap faster. It's like lifting weights, the only way to lift heavier is by trying to lift heavier. You have to put stress on your body to gain physical improvements. So Rayne's advice is the most sound.
Deva

Almost wrote:

-a lot of unnecessary text-

So basically you are proving my argument wrong by using the exact same argument? Good job smartass
Almost

Deva wrote:

Almost wrote:

So basically you are proving my argument wrong by using the exact same argument? Good job smartass

More like proving your argument wrong by proving it wrong? You basically said don't exert any effort as you'll be able to tap faster which is completely idiotic.
Deva

Almost wrote:

Deva wrote:

Almost wrote:

More like proving your argument wrong by proving it wrong? You basically said don't exert any effort as you'll be able to tap faster which is completely idiotic.

I said any UNNECESSARY effort
Emilie-

Almost wrote:

Deva wrote:

Rayne wrote:

Umm.. no. Your muscles in your body will naturally tense up when they are going to contract. The heavier the weight you need to lift, the more your muscle needs to tense up to lift the weight. In relation to osu, the faster you tap, the more your hand will tense. We aren't talking about unnecessary tension here. Your hand needs to tense when you are going to tap at the fastest you can tap. The closer you get to your speed limitation, the harder your hand will tense. You have to be incredibly delusional to tell me otherwise.

That being said, what each person thinks of as 'fast' is subjective. If you are able to tap at 300 bpm at max, then 200 bpm tapping would feel 'slow'. As such, you wouldn't need to tense your hand as much as compared to say someone who can tap at 200 bpm at max.

The only way to tap faster is by pushing your limits and actively trying to tap faster. It's like lifting weights, the only way to lift heavier is by trying to lift heavier. You have to put stress on your body to gain physical improvements. So Rayne's advice is the most sound.
Preach my man. This is so accurate at least for me. When i play 300+ bpm aim maps i almost have to tense at my limit to tap it. So it's fine to tense if your going at your limit. Eventually your highest tense limit then will get higher in the future :)
Almost
Ok Deva, since you really seem to want to embarrass yourself further here I go.

The post by Rayne which you tried to argue against basically said you are going to tense up when going beyong your limit. You then came along and said that that was incorrect and then stating that relaxing and putting minimum effort in will allow you to tap faster with your incorrect weight lifting analogy. And if you're going to use the "unneccessary effort" card again, I will again point out that Rayne never mentioned or inferred anything about tensing for the sake of tensing. I will repeat (because you seem to have problems understanding things), Rayne only said you are tensing because this just happens when you are trying to go beyond you limits.
capefear56
Tap with the index finger if you're using your middle finger.
show more