forum

[resolved] A tablet problem that I haven't seen anyone else have

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arkaeic
So I turned on my pc yesterday, went to start osu!, and the cursor didn't move in-game. It did that thing that osu! does where it shows the cursor and then it fades away because it's not being moved. I thought it was just Wacom being Wacom, so I reinstalled my drivers and tried again. No luck. I then realised that when the game is closed and I'm on my desktop, moving my pen over my tablet is in fact moving the cursor. So it moves my cursor on the desktop but as soon as I open osu! it stops. I thought again that maybe it's just Wacom's fault. I keep being tempted by people telling me to try out the custom drivers, so I uninstalled the wacom drivers and installed the custom ones, hoping that it might fix the problem. Got the custom drivers working but the same thing happens. Cursor moves on the desktop but not in osu!.

Fix:
Apparently having my Xbox 360 remote wireless adapter plugged into my PC caused this issue, because as soon as I unplugged it my tablet sprung to life! Sorry if you've had this issue and come across this post; I'm pretty sure this issue is very specific to my circumstance
modrei_DELETED
check out solutions in this thread
Death
Usually with the raw input issue you can see your cursor trying to move but it's stuck in one of the corners of the game. I guess it's worth a shot to try what's listed in the thread 6ix9ine linked, but I don't believe that is the actual issue.

This sounds exactly the same as an issue multiple people were experiencing a few months ago. It happened to be caused by Discord's in-game overlay. If you have Discord running, either completely close it (don't just let it minimize to your system tray) or disable the overlay to see if that works.

If that doesn't do anything, try looking for other things that may be taking focus away from the osu! window or putting an overlay on it, like nvidia's in-game overlay if you have an nvidia card.
show more