forum

[resolved] Maps starting to disappear

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kishuya
Hello, I've been having issues with a bug of some sorts that seems to be deleting my map; I'm pretty sure I and maybe a few others are the only ones who have this issue since I don't see many posts about it, but about a month ago I had around 35k maps in my beatmap listing, now I only have 27 thousand. I started to realize my maps were disappearing around a week ago when I searched up the name for a map I used to play a lot only to find it wasn't there; I then started to find a lot of missing maps in the game, but it really started to annoy me when it deleted maps like Freedom dive four dimensions (and the whole map set).

I'm not sure if it's related to a weird issue of me updating a map only for the map to set itself from 5* to 0* difficulty and make itself unplayable.
Flanster
See if theres a different star range set in options for song select.
Topic Starter
Kishuya

Flanster wrote:

See if theres a different star range set in options for song select.

seems to be the same as on your screen shot, from 0-10 stars, I've still got my 0-10 stars just not as many.
Death
Can you check inside your Songs folder to make sure the maps you are missing are actually still in there and haven't been deleted by something?

If they are still there, try hitting F5 on the song selection screen and let the game reprocess all of your maps.
Topic Starter
Kishuya
Just checked in my song folder, since I don't know which maps I was missing I just typed in some random map names I knew I've played in the past and not deleted and I found the following maps are gone: 5150, Black Rover (Sotarks Ver); I can see them in my songs folder just not in game, I've also tried pressing F5 but no new maps come up or old ones. I think I had an issue like this awhile ago but a bit different and I had to delete osu.db, would you recommend it? since it might take a while for maps to process.
Death
Yeah since F5 didn't work I would recommend that. Make sure you close the game first, then move osu!.db outside of your osu! folder. It might take a bit, but that should get the maps to appear again.
Topic Starter
Kishuya

Death wrote:

Yeah since F5 didn't work I would recommend that. Make sure you close the game first, then move osu!.db outside of your osu! folder. It might take a bit, but that should get the maps to appear again.

Doing it now, thank's! :3

(will post if the issue gets resolved after it processes)

Edit 00:00 AM: got 33k beatmaps again, old maps are back to; the issue has been resolved. Thank's for the help and suggestions!
show more