forum

[resolved] [Solved] Can't open or reinstall Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PauperSkittles
Problem on windows 10 home edition

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I first randomly got this problem when opening Osu, tried reinstalling, but now I can't even reinstall and get the error as soon as I do.

The images won't load for me, thus I share the error notification by just posting the link and not using the BB code.

https://imgur.com/a/mNqtxOm

https://imgur.com/a/WjTMEsi

Error code:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0IN6pU_55uudmDShowKV9CmtDm6s.#=zwxPGOJw=(Int32 #=zzkUr_GM=, Int32 #=zj50PS34=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zEI3TImg=)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at #=zWfvxL3bozZRF5baFS5vYoP5icjbc.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=z4LpiQHMXU42CCSRJIQwXyNQ=.WndProc(Message& #=zJYmLj28=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: 20180811.2

Dxdiag dump https://file.io/vscnMV
Would be nice to receive some help as I just donated some money to Osu a and now I suddenly can't play hah. Thanks in advance!
Snowtje
Hi PauperSkittles,

-try locating your Osu! folder and try to run ''Repair Osu!'' Maybe this works ?
Path should look something like this > ( C:\Users\''name''\AppData\Local\osu! )
-If this doens't work my only solution would be to delete Osu! and Reinstalling it i know you said this doesnt work but you can maybe try this:
1. Go to your desktop.
2. Click on the windows icon in the bottom left.
3 Search ''configuration'' Dutch : configuratiescherm.
4. Click on '' Uninstall a program'' Dutch : Een programma verwijderen.
5. Locate Osu!, then right-click on it and click ''uninstall'' Dutch : verwijderen.
__
After this try reinstalling Osu!
Let me know if something helped !
Kind regards,
Death
Please try to avoid suggesting reinstalling. Usually it doesn't help and in the cases that it does, there is usually a much simpler/easier alternative. What you said to do is pretty much how people normally uninstall applications, it's probably safe to assume that is exactly what they did to reinstall in the first place.

I'm assuming you also get an error message that pops up saying, "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver" because that message usually goes along with the log you posted. Try reading this:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Topic Starter
PauperSkittles
I had already tried reinstalling, so I have updated the initial post with some more info.

The intel app/ site tell me that my drivers are up to date, yet I can not download the one you linked me to since it is not compatible for my computer.
https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Nightblade-3/Specification

I don't see compatibility at all in the .cfg file, just the following list
h_osu!.exe = df8a0e101086504a60f4e7ff23ee3f03
_ReleaseStream = Stable40
h_avcodec-51.dll = 734e450dd85c16d62c1844f10c6203c0
h_avformat-52.dll = 9c492c0792c4302b4ffaf5f27e48c443
h_avutil-49.dll = 8462c4461db36bc03392ee9576e3d34e
h_bass.dll = d7f05d3fa5e745e02e1de41821ccccaf
h_bass_fx.dll = ede8b6bfd91068ee477e1b6cd438cd0c
h_d3dcompiler_47.dll = c5b362bce86bb0ad3149c4540201331d
h_discord-rpc.dll = 250e4d35ed51ac293527865ca2080c2b
h_libEGL.dll = 1b3a1cf8aed3f567a1b4ac6b6696cd05
h_libGLESv2.dll = 6d52dba415b86bb99268b0156b835451
h_Microsoft.Ink.dll = 340a75fd6e365fc85cfbd04ae295fa28
h_OpenTK.dll = 87d7774466c2efa2cb801e5fb2ce7b52
h_osu!gameplay.dll = 8e04440f100b4389f99b94689b6c3727
h_osu!seasonal.dll = 98b4486852d18517e32a9126116862e5
h_osu!ui.dll = 9c395921298faa075094071943bc0eca
h_pthreadGC2.dll = 1d5ab200f8d19cd9e65eb06ccdf6d59a
Death
The file you are looking for is "osu!.pcname.cfg", where "pcname" is the name of the user account on your computer, not "osu!.cfg. If you just reinstalled then compatibility mode probably isn't the issue. Might not even be worth looking for.

There is one other thing I mentioned trying, which is to try running osu! with your Integrated GPU specifically instead of the dedicated card. Hopefully that should at least allow you to play the game.

I didn't link any specific drivers, so I'm not entirely sure what you are saying is incompatible, but I think I might be able to take a guess. A lot of computer manufacturers like to prevent people from downloading drivers from anywhere except their own website (this includes Intel's site too...). It's possible MSI has done this. It also looks like the latest drivers MSI has listed on this Nightblade 3 page for your integrated graphics is from September 2017. It's entirely possible they still have issues.

There is a way to manually install drivers though, as detailed in this Intel support article. If you try this, please make absolutely 100% sure that you have the correct drivers downloaded. Each download page lists the valid products at the bottom.
Topic Starter
PauperSkittles
Thank you for your time!

I wouldn't know how to do the integrated GPU thing, but going after the last bit of your post I decided to find my graphics card driver manually rather than from the intel site and that did the trick.
show more