forum

[Archived] Windows 10 upgrade tablet aspect ratio problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Wara ]
Before I start, YES I DID read the pinned windows 10 tablet fixes and nothing worked.

So I upgraded my pc to windows 10 yesterday and everything was working well including my tablet. When I closed my computer, an update alert popped up and I said yes then closed my computer. Next day, my tablet area doesn't match the resolution I'm playing so I'm stuck playing full area on a 1366x768 resolution. I use hawku drivers and I disabled windows ink or whatever but nothing seems to work.

If nothing can actually be done then I'll have to revert to windows 7...

Anyone know how to fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180822
Death
What do you mean by "stuck playing full area on 1366x768 resolution"? Does this mean your cursor doesn't reach the edges of the screen?

What sensitivity are you using?
Topic Starter
[ Wara ]

Death wrote:

What do you mean by "stuck playing full area on 1366x768 resolution"? Does this mean your cursor doesn't reach the edges of the screen?

What sensitivity are you using?

I'm using 1x sensitivity with a tablet. When you play with a lower resolution in osu and have the force aspect ration option ticked on the hawku drivers, your play area will be changed to the game's resolution. My problem is that it isn't. it stays as big as if my resolution was in 1920x1080 like my desktop.
Death
Have you tried using the official drivers for your tablet instead of third party ones that could have any number of issues?

It really does sound like a problem with those drivers, in which case, there isn't really anything we can do about that. Might want to try reporting that here: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Topic Starter
[ Wara ]

Death wrote:

Have you tried using the official drivers for your tablet instead of third party ones that could have any number of issues?

I have and it's worse. The hawku drivers are very popular drivers anyway; I don't think there would be problems with them. And on windows 7 I used them just fine and everything worked but when I used the official drivers the same thing that's happening on windows 10 rn would happen with them.
Death
If a setting in your tablet drivers is not working, that's an issue with the drivers. I haven't used those particular drivers at all, but "force aspect ratio" doesn't seem like a setting that does what you think it does. Other tablets have the "force aspect ratio" setting too, it just changes your area to be the same ratio as your monitor's ratio (as the name implies). It wouldn't make sense for it to change the area to be exactly the size of your game. I don't think hawku's drivers would be any different.

Looking at pictures of this GUI, it looks like there is a way to change the screen mapping size anyway. Why don't you try messing around with that instead?

[ Wara ] wrote:

The hawku drivers are very popular drivers anyway; I don't think there would be problems with them.
This is not the best way of thinking. That's like saying Windows has 0 issues because it is the most popular operating system in the world.

Anyway, why don't you try looking around that GitHub repo I linked earlier? Maybe someone else reported the same issue. This doesn't seem like an issue with osu! at all, so I'm not sure what else to tell you.